Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 PM #1
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army
 
kansasassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Salina
Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
Post 2011 ESS Series Prize Information

Elite Sports Series will be giving out series prizes this year. I know a lot of people had speculation about the Series this year with it being under new ownership and taking the series in a new direction to regrow the team base. In order to win the series prize Teams must have competed in both the ESS Graffiti event and Choctaw event. So for the 2011 Series prize Elite Sports will giving out the following. I hope you guys like the series prizes and I look forward to the last ESS event of the season.

Beginner Series Winner: 6 Cases of Ultra Evil & 250 Cash (Value of 600.00)

Rookie Series Winner: 15 Cases of Ultra Evil & 300 Cash (Value of 1125.00)
__________________
ELITE SPORTS-ELITE SPORTS COMPLEX
YOUR # 1 STOP IN CENTRAL KANSAS FOR ALL YOUR PAINTBALL-AIRSOFT-SKATEBOARD SUPPLIES
kansasassassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2011, 06:54 PM #2
KronicKiller-Coach
 
 
KronicKiller-Coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Series Standings ?
__________________
Grumpier Old Men EliteSportsPB.com
Elite Sports OT
Kronic Killer Paintball
Wichita Fury
2 Old Guys & A Mean Girl
KronicKiller-Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:20 PM #3
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army
 
kansasassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Salina
Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
There are no standings, this year you had play 2 of the 3 preliminary events to win the series prize. So if you played the Graffiti event and Choctaw event you qualify to win the series prize at the final event.

Example: Grumpier Old Men takes 2nd at the Salina event and the first place team didn't play the other 2 events Grumpier Old Men would win the series prize since they placed the highest at the last event. The team with the highest placing at the Salina event that is eligible, will win the series prize.
__________________
ELITE SPORTS-ELITE SPORTS COMPLEX
YOUR # 1 STOP IN CENTRAL KANSAS FOR ALL YOUR PAINTBALL-AIRSOFT-SKATEBOARD SUPPLIES
kansasassassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:21 AM #4
Freakyd73
 
 
Freakyd73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburg
Freakyd73 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Freakyd73 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So I could be wrong but your saying, Triple Threat Pitt State and Chucktorious 2, are the only teams eligible in our division, but then in Rookie Grumpier Old Men, is the only team that i can think of that played bout events so do they just win the prize? If Chucktorious 2 plays rookie this event are they able to win the Rookie series prize? I just don't understand how in theory a team can place last in the first two events and win the "Series". But maybe this is the direction series are going, might keep attendence up at events. Just wondering on the details thanks.
__________________
UNDERGROUND PAINTBALL <---R.I.P
UnDeRGrOuNd ArMy<Be Scurred
Pittsburg State Paintball
Paintball Ridge!!!!
Freakyd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:12 PM #5
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army
 
kansasassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Salina
Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyd73 View Post
So I could be wrong but your saying, Triple Threat Pitt State and Chucktorious 2, are the only teams eligible in our division, but then in Rookie Grumpier Old Men, is the only team that i can think of that played bout events so do they just win the prize? If Chucktorious 2 plays rookie this event are they able to win the Rookie series prize? I just don't understand how in theory a team can place last in the first two events and win the "Series". But maybe this is the direction series are going, might keep attendence up at events. Just wondering on the details thanks.
These are the teams that are eligible for the series prizes- Chucktorious 2, Pitt State, Triple Threat, GB Militia, Grumpier Old Men, and 280Paintball. Basically what will happen is that if Chucktorious 2 moves up to rookie for the last event they will be eligible for the rookie series prize. I will not penalize them for wanting to move up. All the teams listed above have competed in both the Graffiti event and Choctaw event. So Pitt State and Triple Threat qualify for the beginner and Chucktorious 2, 280pb, GB Militia, and Grumpier Old men qualify for the Rookie. Of these teams and the division they compete in the team with the highest finish in the event will win the series prize.
This is what we wanted to do this year different from years past. Was the old MPS use to have up to 6 events in a year and it was difficult for teams to play all 6 events due to money. What we also saw was teams would just drop off because they new they had no chance to win the series prize also. So what we wanted to do was to give everyone a fair chance to still win the series prize but also be easy on the money situation by not having to compete in every single event. We just wanted it to be easy on people so they could compete the preliminary events they wanted and still be able to win the series prize.
Im also going to say we will not be using this for next year, we will be going back to the running series points for next season. Please keep in mind with this being a new series and we were trying a few new things this year so that we can it could benefit the players/teams competing in the series.

I hope I answered your questions.
__________________
ELITE SPORTS-ELITE SPORTS COMPLEX
YOUR # 1 STOP IN CENTRAL KANSAS FOR ALL YOUR PAINTBALL-AIRSOFT-SKATEBOARD SUPPLIES
kansasassassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:25 PM #6
Freakyd73
 
 
Freakyd73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburg
Freakyd73 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Freakyd73 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To Jake, I just read your first post in the ESS thread about the 2011 series and it cleared it up for me. I should of done my due diligence and read the previous thread before posting. I get whats being done and I get why your doing it. I also like that this is how you said it was going to be ran from the get go and you stuck to it, which from what I'm told is a problem the person running the series before had. I definatly feel the series is in good hands and will continue to be a success.
To Vasparider, obviously myself or my team has done something to offend you, I feel we've always treated you and your team with the upmost respect. If their is a issue that you would like to talk about feel free to PM me I will be more then happy to discuss anything with you. My team and I do not wish to have problems or issues with ANY other local teams. As for having a 2005 Pbnation account I'm 25 years old, I went to a bible college in Joplin Missouri. Was then hired by a company called Underground Paintball, I racked gravel on fields for 6.35 and hour then was allowed to work in the shop and help promote tourneys so I got an account. Bought a gun was blessed enough to practice with some of the best players around at the time, got it handed to me alot and for a long time but learned a TON (Kind of like what Jake does for your guys) again Jake it things like that, that keep tourney paintball alive. Then around 2007 I left Underground (shortly before they closed) had some family issues that I will not discuss over an open forum. In 2011 I took my now girlfriend and a friend to Paintball Ridge in Joplin. Loved it decided it would be a great thing to start a college team here at Pitt. I will stop cluddering your thread now Jake. Looking forward to a fun event.
__________________
UNDERGROUND PAINTBALL <---R.I.P
UnDeRGrOuNd ArMy<Be Scurred
Pittsburg State Paintball
Paintball Ridge!!!!
Freakyd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:15 PM #7
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Joplin
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasassassin View Post
These are the teams that are eligible for the series prizes- Chucktorious 2, Pitt State, Triple Threat, GB Militia, Grumpier Old Men, and 280Paintball. Basically what will happen is that if Chucktorious 2 moves up to rookie for the last event they will be eligible for the rookie series prize. I will not penalize them for wanting to move up. All the teams listed above have competed in both the Graffiti event and Choctaw event. So Pitt State and Triple Threat qualify for the beginner and Chucktorious 2, 280pb, GB Militia, and Grumpier Old men qualify for the Rookie. Of these teams and the division they compete in the team with the highest finish in the event will win the series prize.
This is what we wanted to do this year different from years past. Was the old MPS use to have up to 6 events in a year and it was difficult for teams to play all 6 events due to money. What we also saw was teams would just drop off because they new they had no chance to win the series prize also. So what we wanted to do was to give everyone a fair chance to still win the series prize but also be easy on the money situation by not having to compete in every single event. We just wanted it to be easy on people so they could compete the preliminary events they wanted and still be able to win the series prize.
Im also going to say we will not be using this for next year, we will be going back to the running series points for next season. Please keep in mind with this being a new series and we were trying a few new things this year so that we can it could benefit the players/teams competing in the series.

I hope I answered your questions.
Very smart way to run a series in a rebuilding phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post
LOL. Then your theory trumps mine. How in theory does one with 6 years as a member of PBNation still be playing Beginner and whining about series prizes. But thats just me.
I guess PBNation join dates determine your skill level and rank now?
__________________
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:19 PM #8
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Very smart way to run a series in a rebuilding phase.



I guess PBNation join dates determine your skill level and rank now?
Nah, You let anybody play a Beginner Tournament.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball

Last edited by vesparider : 09-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 PM #9
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Joplin
 has been a member for 10 years
Absolutely correct when they qualify to play them.
__________________
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM #10
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Absolutely correct when they qualify to play them.

Samuel Clemens Had it correct. Must have been speaking of you.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball

Last edited by vesparider : 09-22-2011 at 09:03 PM.
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:35 PM #11
Freakyd73
 
 
Freakyd73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburg
Freakyd73 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Freakyd73 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post

Samuel Clemens Had it correct. Must have been speaking of you.
Did I miss a highbrow Mark Twain joke in here somewhere...??
__________________
UNDERGROUND PAINTBALL <---R.I.P
UnDeRGrOuNd ArMy<Be Scurred
Pittsburg State Paintball
Paintball Ridge!!!!
Freakyd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:10 AM #12
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyd73 View Post
Did I miss a highbrow Mark Twain joke in here somewhere...??
I wasn't joking.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:10 PM #13
slownlow24z
 
 
slownlow24z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: OKC
slownlow24z plays in the PSP
slownlow24z supports Team VICIOUS
slownlow24z plays in the APPA D3 division
Wow come on guys, it's paintball not life or death. Quit ur complanning and play ball. Jake u ran a great series this year, given I only played the Choctaw event but it was fun and professional nonetheless. Local series are what make our sport. Goodluck to Jake next year, and you will definatly be seeing outlaws next season
slownlow24z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 PM #14
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Absolutely correct. Jake has done a fantastic job with the series. I'm his biggest suppprter. However, being a player and a business man he is kinda tied between 2 seperate forces at work. Be fair to the players and still make a profit to suppport himself, family, series and business. So with that said, i've questioned Jake about aspects of the series only to understand how things affect the boys. I can't speak for the others.
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:30 PM #15
KcCollision00
This is Nuckin Futs!!!!
 
KcCollision00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
KcCollision00 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
KcCollision00 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Cant wait for the weekend. No work and some good paintball. Series has gone great so far, think this last event will be the best yet. Looking forward to it. Thumbs up to Jake and his staff.
__________________
www.highperformancepaintball.net
High Performance Killers - Forget contracts, we kill for fun!!!
Pittsburg State
http://www.pittstate.edu
Paintball Ridge, Joplin Missouri
http://www.paintballridge.com/

Pray For Joplin
KcCollision00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 PM #16
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army
 
kansasassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Salina
Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownlow24z View Post
Wow come on guys, it's paintball not life or death. Quit ur complanning and play ball. Jake u ran a great series this year, given I only played the Choctaw event but it was fun and professional nonetheless. Local series are what make our sport. Goodluck to Jake next year, and you will definatly be seeing outlaws next season
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post
Absolutely correct. Jake has done a fantastic job with the series. I'm his biggest suppprter. However, being a player and a business man he is kinda tied between 2 seperate forces at work. Be fair to the players and still make a profit to suppport himself, family, series and business. So with that said, i've questioned Jake about aspects of the series only to understand how things affect the boys. I can't speak for the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcCollision00 View Post
Cant wait for the weekend. No work and some good paintball. Series has gone great so far, think this last event will be the best yet. Looking forward to it. Thumbs up to Jake and his staff.
I would like to just say Thank You to all for the kind words and helping support the series. I put a lot of hard work and time into this series this year in hopes of bringing it back alive. And I really appreciate it when people see how much hard work I put in. Again I thank you all and look forward to the last event and the 2012 Season.
__________________
ELITE SPORTS-ELITE SPORTS COMPLEX
YOUR # 1 STOP IN CENTRAL KANSAS FOR ALL YOUR PAINTBALL-AIRSOFT-SKATEBOARD SUPPLIES
kansasassassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump