Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Gametype/Player count for Battlefield 3 Server?
64p Conquest 64 69.57%
32p Rush 13 14.13%
32p Rush/Conquest Mixed 15 16.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 PM #64
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
You can donate as little as $1... every bit helps. The server is $85 a month for 64 slots, even small contributions add up. Thanks to the awesome people who have already donated! We already have a $90 surplus which means we are paid up for 2 months!

I'm not looking to start a clan or any of that, I'm just looking for a place to play with some friends. If you all want to go hardcore and start a clan, help yourselves... I just want a reliable place to play.
you might not WANT to start one, but its almost necessary to get it going. Even if you really just make it and hand it over to someone you know can keep it going, thats good enough. You just need soemthing people can "gather around" if you will. Something that will bring people back to your server. loyalty if you will.

Ive been through a few really successful groups where the person who starts it just plays there and does logistics for the server while someone else really runs the group and gathers interest for the server.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 PM #65
Ninja Mouse
DAT JAWLINE DOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wango_Tango View Post
how much do I have to give to get mod rights
Mod rights isn't about money, its about providing a fair and fun place to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I think, from personal experience, it will be a lot harder to keep a long term populated server if you don't have a site/community behind it.

People tend to like their favorite servers because of the connection, playlist, and people who monitor the server and they want to be part of that. Especially with games like Battlefield which are clan heavy.

I hate to say it, but I can't think of one server that wasn't part of a clan I still play on because they quickly desolve into chaos, and you don't have any way to talk with the people behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
you might not WANT to start one, but its almost necessary to get it going. Even if you really just make it and hand it over to someone you know can keep it going, thats good enough. You just need soemthing people can "gather around" if you will. Something that will bring people back to your server. loyalty if you will.

Ive been through a few really successful groups where the person who starts it just plays there and does logistics for the server while someone else really runs the group and gathers interest for the server.
I have no issues taking care of things server side, however I'm not interested in running a clan. If someone else here wants to take the helm and get the ball rolling on getting a clan or something like that going, then by all means go ahead. I just don't have the time to sink into managing a community, nor the interest to.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 PM #66
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Hey, you know what you COULD do that I HAVE seen work before.

I don't know how much CSS you've played, but there was a trend for a while of people wearing a tag that was NG (NuGamers I think it was). It wasn't a clan, it was a community. So you could have the server have a name and anyone who chooses to be part of the community could toss the tag on.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 09-19-2011, 11:01 PM #67
Ninja Mouse
DAT JAWLINE DOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Hey, you know what you COULD do that I HAVE seen work before.

I don't know how much CSS you've played, but there was a trend for a while of people wearing a tag that was NG (NuGamers I think it was). It wasn't a clan, it was a community. So you could have the server have a name and anyone who chooses to be part of the community could toss the tag on.
I thought that's what we were doing to begin with. Everyone was gonna pitch in for a server so we'd all have a common place to play, but it wasn't gonna be an actual clan or anything like that, just a community of gamers having a good time.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 11:03 PM #68
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
The thing is, though, he needs to have a landing page for people. Especially if its a donation driven server.

People aren't going to write down a long URL on how to donate to the server. THey want to go to a site, see the donate button, be part of the clan/community and toss a few bucks.

If you were paying 100% out of pocket, and so forth, it wouldn't matter... but you need a place for people especially for donations.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:08 PM #69
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

I want you to check out teamplayergaming.com... It's exactly what Digi just described. I've been a part of them for about 5 years now.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 09-19-2011, 11:14 PM #70
Ninja Mouse
DAT JAWLINE DOE

Quote:
The thing is, though, he needs to have a landing page for people. Especially if its a donation driven server.

People aren't going to write down a long URL on how to donate to the server. THey want to go to a site, see the donate button, be part of the clan/community and toss a few bucks.

If you were paying 100% out of pocket, and so forth, it wouldn't matter... but you need a place for people especially for donations.
That's what the Battlelog page is going to be for. Battlelog is pretty much Facebook for Battlefield and you can create group/clan pages. Our Battlelog page would have group information as well as donation information. I'm also working on a small separate forum from here for the community if it grows large enough that its needed. Right now the important thing to me is simply putting a plan together for what we want the server to be for maps and game options.

We'd have a loading screen banner with the Battlelog page information for those interested in learning more and joining and supporting the community.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce

Last edited by Ninja Mouse : 09-19-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 PM #71
AKMetal
wat?

AKMetal is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I think you should look at peoples infraction history for possibility of them being admins
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 PM #72
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
I thought that's what we were doing to begin with. Everyone was gonna pitch in for a server so we'd all have a common place to play, but it wasn't gonna be an actual clan or anything like that, just a community of gamers having a good time.
we can just wear pbn tags and pretend we're a clan. PBN has a steamgroup, or we make another one for us, and we can direct people to this website

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 PM #73
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Makes sense Ninja,
I'm sure if you get 3 people here to run the clan side that will help w/ longevity. I say 3 so you have a majority decision setup and you, as the person running the server, have the overall say.

The bigger you can get the clan the more free advertisement you get, and more loyalty from players.

Quote:
we can just wear pbn tags and pretend we're a clan.
XbN For Life! lol. I remember when we did that for Gears/RB6V.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:26 PM #74
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

clanwise, I dont think we need to go much further than than just a steamgroup. A website and such would be overkill

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 PM #75
Ninja Mouse
DAT JAWLINE DOE

Quote:
we can just wear pbn tags and pretend we're a clan.
VIVA LA NATION

Quote:
Makes sense Ninja,
I'm sure if you get 3 people here to run the clan side that will help w/ longevity. I say 3 so you have a majority decision setup and you, as the person running the server, have the overall say.

The bigger you can get the clan the more free advertisement you get, and more loyalty from players.
The first step is just keeping the server populated, and the only way that happens is if the people forming the foundation (us) play in the server regularly. From there its about building a regular and consistent player base to keep the server populated.

Right now we need to make sure we're organized and on the same page of server goals before we start thinking about trying to expand a currently non-existent player base.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 PM #76
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

honestly having a server for launch will definitely help get it populated. People will find their favorite servers in those first few days, and not stray far from them.

I know, right?
Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 PM #77
Ninja Mouse
DAT JAWLINE DOE

Quote:
honestly having a server for launch will definitely help get it populated. People will find their favorite servers in those first few days, and not stray far from them.
Exactly. The main server killers are not having one on launch and of course not having it regularly populated. Bad admins also destroy servers like super aids.

Side note: me "running" the server simply means I took the initiative to shell out the down payment on a server so we'll be assured one on launch. Everyone who donates a fair amount should have a say in the direction the server goes because its their money they are investing. Pride in ownership also plays a big role in a servers success.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 PM #78
Grim~ v2
You're a towel

as long as its populated with people that actually do the objectives and not just a bunch of kill whores,then i have no reason to goto another server.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ღ☃ღ════════════​══╝
Old 09-19-2011, 11:56 PM #79
DeadEagle
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

DeadEagle helped look for balloons
Yeah... provided everyone plays smart instead of bush wookie tactics, it should be a solid server off the break.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:17 AM #80
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
coming from an average every day player... im sure many people would be more willing to donate their spare change to help keep the server alive if it appears a little more organized than a free web forum and a steam group. i would really suggest having an actual developed community website.

just my 2 cents on that one.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:06 AM #81
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
I'm sure I could fork over a few bucks a month. only problem is that I don't own a credit card, being a lowly high schooler...but paypal is my friend.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:42 AM #82
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim~ v2 View Post
as long as its populated with people that actually do the objectives and not just a bunch of kill whores,then i have no reason to goto another server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Yeah... provided everyone plays smart instead of bush wookie tactics, it should be a solid server off the break.
no not really. As long as there arent hackers, it wont really matter how people play.

I know, right?
Old 09-20-2011, 06:44 AM #83
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promagistrate View Post
I'm sure I could fork over a few bucks a month. only problem is that I don't own a credit card, being a lowly high schooler...but paypal is my friend.
You can buy VISA gift cards at lots of major stores now too. It's a neat trick.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:12 AM #84
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

All of these people suggesting a website:

MAKE ONE! Ninja Mouse has already gotten the ball rolling by fronting a significant chunk of change to get a server. If you guys think a community website would help, go for it.

Back in the days of America's Army, I used to play with a group of guys who were always a great time. Some wore tags, others did not. In no way was it a clan. It was basically just a community of people who would hop online after work, etc. We would all get on Teamspeak and have some laughs while playing for a bit. There were no requirements in terms of skill level, experience, or anything of that nature. Basically it was just like having a forum and a place to organize.

All we really need is some sort of "group" for individuals to identify with the server and make them want to keep coming back. If people want to do a clan, there's no problem with it branching off of that.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Closed Thread