Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Gametype/Player count for Battlefield 3 Server?
64p Conquest 64 69.57%
32p Rush 13 14.13%
32p Rush/Conquest Mixed 15 16.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 04:10 PM #43
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is a Mega Moderator
Burninator is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Burninator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Burninator has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Burninator is Legendary
If they dont, bring them with you to that server.

It would also be in your benefit to make a free forum for the server and the people who play on it. Run everything from there instead of trying to get people to come here.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:11 PM #44
Grim~ v2
www.tinychat.com/stsucks

Grim~ v2 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Well ****ers, its time to see how many of you put your money where your mouth is:

I pre-paid for the first month, after that I'll need some help month to month. PM me who you are and how much you donated and I'll add you to the main post in this thread for e-cred.

http://www.gameservers.com/clanpay/?...e4c9f49106a6f9
once i get settled financially and have extra money to throw around ill send some your way.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ღ☃ღ════════════​══╝
Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 PM #45
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is Legendary
i dont mind donating a little a month if its a server i want to play on.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:17 PM #46
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
If they dont, bring them with you to that server.

It would also be in your benefit to make a free forum for the server and the people who play on it. Run everything from there instead of trying to get people to come here.
Yea I'm already working on a free forum right now, I imagine PbN will be our primary means of communication for awhile until things either get off the ground or crash and burn lol
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 04:25 PM #47
DeadEagle
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

DeadEagle helped look for balloons
Mary mother of baby raptor jesus is that the price per month?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM #48
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Yes it is...
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 04:35 PM #49
DeadEagle
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Well I can probably give you a few bucks for now but come December I may be homeless, jobless, and 40000 dollars in debt with no way of repaying it sooo I wouldn't count on me being a steady contributer.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:41 PM #50
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

o.o
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 PM #51
DeadEagle
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

**** yeah college
Old 09-19-2011, 04:47 PM #52
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Yea I feel you
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 04:49 PM #53
ssgaR
(yಠ,ಠ)y

ssgaR is a Supporting Member
As a first year university student...**** it, this is future me's problem.

"Originally posted by paintchk2: You sir are an ***."
Old 09-19-2011, 06:56 PM #54
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Is server going to be based out of Chicago?
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 PM #55
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Chicago is what I selected.
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 07:44 PM #56
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
ninja pmd you.

also, doesnt Gameservers offer free web hosting for every server purchased? we can use that for the server's community site and forum

Oh and for the guy talking about loving rush, i too LOVE LOVE LOVE rush gameplay. but im focusing on 64 players right now (true battlefield) and will simply hope they implement a 64 player rush. i personally think they should, but who knows.

i would like to see something along the following: 64 player conquest and rush // 32 player conquest and rush // 16 player conquest, rush, and squad tdm // 8 player squad tdm??

Last edited by jamest91 : 09-19-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 PM #57
Burninator
Punisher of fleshlights

Annual Supporting Member
Burninator is Legendary
even better, if they offer free hosting that really works in your favor. lol
Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 PM #58
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
How much are you looking for as far as donations go? I'd like to help out and get in on this. You can PM me if you prefer.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 09-19-2011, 09:33 PM #59
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Yea I'm already working on a free forum right now, I imagine PbN will be our primary means of communication for awhile until things either get off the ground or crash and burn lol
Free forum? No! Just buy a domain on godaddy, and I'll temporarily host it and we can setup a Wordpress game based page, and PHPBB forum. Do NOT use a free forum or you'll see people bail. Nobody takes those seriously. I can host unlimited sites on my hosting account so it'll be easy to setup overall. All you need is Wordpress for the front page and news, PHPBB for the forums (free), and a script that joins them which is easy.

If the server is constantly populated, like most, I don't have a problem w/ donating but it'll take that first month to find out how the server is because if I don't want to play on it it serves no purpose. I have a feeling, though, just the PBN peeps coming in will keep it partially populated, and if you get a decent initial population in there (w/ a solid server) you can get it moving.

Things you should do before "game release day":
- Come up with a definitive clan name
- Register a domain for the clan and setup a site, forums, etc.
- Get people involved prior (already doing this) and get a solid group setup for release day who are active on your site
- Come up with a good server setup that you can put in your server name in the game browser
- Come up with a good server name that will be easy to spot for people looking for your server (or a populated one).
- Again... get a decent site setup. When you say "X Clan Server - 64 Player Domination - All Maps - Hardcore!" or something like that people are going to right away want to check out your site if they like the server and clan members on it. So have something solid setup, and a way to recruit.

You can hit me up here, or PM me, and discuss the site side of things if you'd like. Throwing up a template modified site for starters, and forums, is pretty easy. Just gotta dedicate the time on it, and make sure the people who are involved w/ your clan are going to use it. If people see a dead site they don't care to join, assist, donate, etc, because its a dying cause.

D.

Last edited by digitard : 09-19-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 PM #60
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

I think any donation that people can afford is reasonable?

Should be getting some good speeds in game. Glad I finally setup a new network in the house with a repeater.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 PM #61
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
How much are you looking for as far as donations go? I'd like to help out and get in on this. You can PM me if you prefer.
You can donate as little as $1... every bit helps. The server is $85 a month for 64 slots, even small contributions add up. Thanks to the awesome people who have already donated! We already have a $90 surplus which means we are paid up for 2 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
Free forum? No! Just buy a domain on godaddy, and I'll temporarily host it and we can setup a Wordpress game based page, and PHPBB forum. Do NOT use a free forum or you'll see people bail. Nobody takes those seriously. I can host unlimited sites on my hosting account so it'll be easy to setup overall. All you need is Wordpress for the front page and news, PHPBB for the forums (free), and a script that joins them which is easy.

If the server is constantly populated, like most, I don't have a problem w/ donating but it'll take that first month to find out how the server is because if I don't want to play on it it serves no purpose. I have a feeling, though, just the PBN peeps coming in will keep it partially populated, and if you get a decent initial population in there (w/ a solid server) you can get it moving.

Things you should do before "game release day":
- Come up with a definitive clan name
- Register a domain for the clan and setup a site, forums, etc.
- Get people involved prior (already doing this) and get a solid group setup for release day who are active on your site
- Come up with a good server setup that you can put in your server name in the game browser
- Come up with a good server name that will be easy to spot for people looking for your server (or a populated one).
- Again... get a decent site setup. When you say "X Clan Server - 64 Player Domination - All Maps - Hardcore!" or something like that people are going to right away want to check out your site if they like the server and clan members on it. So have something solid setup, and a way to recruit.

You can hit me up here, or PM me, and discuss the site side of things if you'd like. Throwing up a template modified site for starters, and forums, is pretty easy. Just gotta dedicate the time on it, and make sure the people who are involved w/ your clan are going to use it. If people see a dead site they don't care to join, assist, donate, etc, because its a dying cause.

D.
I'm not looking to start a clan or any of that, I'm just looking for a place to play with some friends. If you all want to go hardcore and start a clan, help yourselves... I just want a reliable place to play.
Sauce
Old 09-19-2011, 10:28 PM #62
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
how much do I have to give to get mod rights

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:28 PM #63
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
I think, from personal experience, it will be a lot harder to keep a long term populated server if you don't have a site/community behind it.

People tend to like their favorite servers because of the connection, playlist, and people who monitor the server and they want to be part of that. Especially with games like Battlefield which are clan heavy.

I hate to say it, but I can't think of one server that wasn't part of a clan I still play on because they quickly desolve into chaos, and you don't have any way to talk with the people behind it.
Closed Thread