Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM #22
pbcustom98
Goldmember
 
pbcustom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NyC
 has been a member for 10 years
pbcustom98 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
pbcustom98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcustom98 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i dont see anything wrong with shooting people in the mask. it doesnt hurt, and there is no paint check needed.

back/top of the head is different though.
pbcustom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2012, 11:58 AM #23
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..
 
Luigi Speed 05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
this is absurd. the only "acceptable" places to get shot
are your mask or your gun, but of course we're talking
about getting shot out of your bunker. when you're on
the move that obviously makes no sense. the only parts
of your body that should be exposed in a gunfight are
your gun and your mask, if not you're doing something
intrinsically wrong there.
__________________

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM #24
zraven7
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Speed 05 View Post
this is absurd. the only "acceptable" places to get shot
are your mask or your gun, but of course we're talking
about getting shot out of your bunker. when you're on
the move that obviously makes no sense. the only parts
of your body that should be exposed in a gunfight are
your gun and your mask, if not you're doing something
intrinsically wrong there.
Wha...?

Not sure what is absurd here. Everyone has been pretty much agreeing with that...
zraven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:33 PM #25
jweav151
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
They could just be trying to encourage people to get up out of the bunkers and get a game going on instead of just trying to pick people off from complete cover. Though, I can't imagine why they would need to do this.

Another possibility is insurance. For one reason or another their provider may require that they enforce such a rule.

They could also just be paranoid about safety. There is a place by me that requires that you leave your guns on the field at all times, they cannot be brought off the field into the deadzone. I've heard they take them away from you when you get there and don't let them into the deadzone until you are leaving and the ref has disconnected the tank for you. They even do this on guns with remotes or an on/off ASA. They also spend like a hopper of paint chronoing a gun because they test fire electros in every mode to make sure that there is no way they will exceed 280, even if it makes no sense that the fire mode would affect the gas pressures as they are two independent systems of the gun.

Last edited by jweav151 : 03-01-2012 at 12:37 PM.
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 PM #26
zraven7
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweav151 View Post
They could just be trying to encourage people to get up out of the bunkers and get a game going on instead of just trying to pick people off from complete cover. Though, I can't imagine why they would need to do this.

Another possibility is insurance. For one reason or another their provider may require that they enforce such a rule.

They could also just be paranoid about safety. There is a place by me that requires that you leave your guns on the field at all times, they cannot be brought off the field into the deadzone. I've heard they take them away from you when you get there and don't let them into the deadzone until you are leaving and the ref has disconnected the tank for you. They even do this on guns with remotes or an on/off ASA. They also spend like a hopper of paint chronoing a gun because they test fire electros in every mode to make sure that there is no way they will exceed 280, even if it makes no sense that the fire mode would affect the gas pressures as they are two independent systems of the gun.
So, how are you supposed to clean and maintain your gun between games? Psychokinesis?
zraven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM #27
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..
 
Luigi Speed 05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by zraven7 View Post
Wha...?

Not sure what is absurd here. Everyone has been pretty much agreeing with that...
it's absurd to tell people not to shoot the opponents on their masks.
also marker shots or "head shots" not to count is incomprehensible
__________________

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM #28
jweav151
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zraven7 View Post
So, how are you supposed to clean and maintain your gun between games? Psychokinesis?
I was just saying what they do, I didn't say it made any sense. lol
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM #29
zraven7
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweav151 View Post
I was just saying what they do, I didn't say it made any sense. lol
Oh, I figured. Did you ever play there? If you needed to service your gun for anything, did you just have to sit in the play area with a white flag next to you while you serviced your marker?
zraven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM #30
jweav151
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Didn't even know the place existed until another regular at my go-to field told me about it. Then he told me all the weird rules they have, which is why he only went once, so I never bothered checking it out. It kind of make sense that it sucks because its right across the street from another field I play at a lot but I'd never heard of it.
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 PM #31
calamity29
 
 
calamity29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Ithink its better then geting shot at any other part. To me its like a last resort if there no other shot then you have to take it.
calamity29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 AM #32
DJ_Bizarre
-Knuckles- GotKills?
 
DJ_Bizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Paterson, NJ
Annual Supporting Member
DJ_Bizarre owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
that is pretty stupid if you ask me, like some people said, most of the time, another players head is the only thing you see to shoot, and masks are designed to get shot and take a beating. if the rule is that you need to shoot the body, then i'd say they can expect more bunkering, which isnt very fun for the other end of the gun.
__________________
Mint etek setup! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...985&highlight=
DJ_Bizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM #33
mymutter
I crack myself up!
 
mymutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the 847
mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
no headshots, lol. We sometimes play zombie, in which to get a zombie out you have to shot him in the head (back, front, side, whatever, has to be a headshot). Play that at the field next time you go
__________________
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump