Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2011, 06:04 PM #1
DeeRock777

A5 Cyclone Feed Issues! PLEASE HELP!

I went out today to play some woods ball only to find myself stuck in a firefight having to manually feed the balls into my gun via the push piston. I took it apart and everything looks fine. I had to recently replace one of the tiny elbow screw for the feed system. Now when I use it it will work for a few shots then the fans stop spinning to feed it balls, then I push the piston to feed it one and it will work for a few more shots then nothing. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
DeeRock777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2011, 06:32 PM #2
DeeRock777

So i just read about the banjo bolts having to face a certain way in order to get air to the feeder and the whole thing doesnt work now. WHAT THE FRUMP DID I DO?!?!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 PM #3
tuckers2

i had this happen, on two A5's it turned out to be the ratched in the bottom of the cyclone that was broken and would work intermitenly. i would unscrew the bottom plate and look for any cracks or broken parts. they tend to break. i replaced mine on all four of my tippies with the aluminum parts. worth a look. hope it helps
tuckers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:38 PM #4
odoylesfury

Had that problem a couple times. First time my tech t broke so in a rush I replaced the rod with another brand. Second time was when I was missing a little spring the assembly. Best advice that helped me out is to watch the video that Tech T has for their product. You may not have a Tech T upgrade but I think that it will still help you out on the assemble.
odoylesfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:15 PM #5
DeeRock777

Where can I find these aluminum parts and are they better than the stock as far as wear and tear goes? I don;t wanna spend more on a part and it have the same life expectancy. Also, where is this video? I would love to watch it to see if it would help me in my case or not.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:51 PM #6
DeeRock777

Alright, so I took the whole cyclone feed system apart, cleaned it, oiled it, checked all the parts and made sure they were all there. No visible damage has been done to anything that I can see. Nothings broken or worn. It is the older model feed system, but I wouldn't think just cause its older means it wouldn't work. I bought this thing brand new and I've probably only played with it maybe twenty times at the most. I don't shoot a lot like some people. One shot one kill, no need to waste paint or money. I'm totally lost as to why it's not working. The ratchet isn't damaged in any way. I don't want to send it in to Tippmann and pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed when it's probably something simple. PLEASE HELP!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 PM #7
DeeRock777

I found a video online that showed how to test if the ratchet is broken inside the feed system and it passed so the ratchet isn't bad. The banjo bolts are lined up correctly and allow air through, I've taken them off and blew air through. Oiled everything. I read in one forum that someone said that they called Tippmann and they told him that it was the main spring inside the gun. Anyone have any "know how" about this.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 AM #8
Thompsonshooter
Maker of fine custom guns

has been a member for 10 years
Thompsonshooter works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thompsonshooter supports Bob Gurnsey
if the marker shoots then it is not the gun. If there are no obstructions anywhere then it is probably the cyclone itself.

Call tippmann and ask them for help. If they won't help email me at information@englerpaintballguns.com and I'll see what I can do for you.
Making Custom Paintball Guns Since 1999
http://www.englerpaintballguns.com
Thompsonshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 AM #9
odoylesfury

I would have to agree. I think you have something wrong with the cyclone. Try tech t website and watch the video. It's for the upgraded parts but I think it would help you if you are missing any parts and if you have it put together correct.
odoylesfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:59 PM #10
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Make sure the screws holding the bottom plate on are not too tight, on the banjo fittings there are tiny o rings... Make sure those are still there. Take a look at the screw holding the paddles in and make sure that is not too tight. Are you using co2 or compressed air, if air make sure the tank is high pressure. You may also want to take a look at your valve, it could need a cleaning and lube.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:52 PM #11
DeeRock777

I called Tippmann and they're sending me the updated parts for free since i still have the older model cyclone feed system. I've checked all the screws and bolts and made sure everything was there and not to tight and aligned. my tank is low on pressure now, but when this was initially all happened my tank was full. I'm using compressed air.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:48 PM #12
DeeRock777

Thank you everyone for your feedback. So I'm assuming you all were right about the ratchet being bad cause after i installed the new parts from Tippmann it seems to be working fine. Going out to play tomorrow for the Children's Miracle Network, I'll let you know how it works.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:03 AM #13
DeeRock777

So I took it out in the field yesterday and it worked fine for about one game. then it would shoot two-three balls and shoot blanks unless I stopped and shook the gun. I left only a few balls in so I could see if the blades were spinning and they weren't. New upgraded parts, and still doesn't work. Anything else it might be?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:13 AM #14
Thompsonshooter
Maker of fine custom guns

has been a member for 10 years
Thompsonshooter works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thompsonshooter supports Bob Gurnsey
does it turn freely by hand and when you push the rod?

sometimes you can tighten the screws down too much.

can you blow through the airline?
Making Custom Paintball Guns Since 1999
http://www.englerpaintballguns.com
Thompsonshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:32 PM #15
dusterbuster3

omg ppl he said he was able to feed manually and that means the ratchet is fine has no one seriously ever ran there tank so low the cyclone stopped working fill your tank and try agian

Last edited by dusterbuster3 : 09-26-2011 at 10:44 PM.
dusterbuster3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:42 PM #16
dusterbuster3

if you upgrade with tech t parts and a low pressure kit you will get alot more shots before the cyclone no longer operates but just assume that your stock gas hog of a gun only gets about 700 shots max before you need to fill or the cyclone will starve i had the same problem and after a ton of upgrades over several months my tippmann runs at 200 psi vs 800 and i get 1700 shots out of a 68 4500 tank this is basically the best you could ever hope for and i had to do some major tinkering to get there and to be honest i only did it cause im a die hard tippmann fan if i were you i would pick up an invert mini off the pbnation classifieds if you are running out of air before running out of paint ive seen someone put 12 pods and a hopper through one of those after getting the right settings tuned and a new front bolt and you can get one for 200 dollars or so if not rap 4 makes a resonable cyclone upgrade kit
Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 AM #17
DeeRock777

Im not running out of air. I had a fresh tank on when this was happening. I probably fired 10 shots before it started malfunctioning. As far as I know nothing is to tight. I didn't crank anything down, I can blow air through the hoses and I made sure all the banjo fittings were properly positioned so the holes matched up. Yes I can do it by hand. any other suggestions?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:21 PM #18
dusterbuster3

lol i was so sure i was right oh well i guess thats what i get

ok so what are you using hpa or co2 if it is hpa is it mabey a low pressure tank which would starve the cyclone but not cause the gun not to function

also is it possible that the power tube is not making a good enough seal to the oring in the housing wall mabey you over pollished the internals and gas is escaping or mabey the oring fell out while you were cleaning the gun and is missing

or mabey the oring on the cyclones piston in the piston housing is worn or damaged

its so weird that it works and then it does not which is why my only idea would be that the tank is low but since thats not the case mabey the tank reg is not recharging fast enough which would be the case if the cyclone worked after a few seconds of sitting and then stopped after 1 or more shots and then started working agian after another pause

mabey the cyclone is not getting enough back pressure which should not be a problem since mine works with a power tube that has no fva at all but all the same you could try stretching the rear drive spring to make it stronger dropping it back in your gun and then thread in you fva some to limit the air going out and push more to the cyclone only problem is this will increase air consumption but if it works it works

ok that is all i got let me know if anything helps
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 AM #19
Kuneff

I am in the same boat as you... Only difference is my X7 is fully built and still doing it.

I was hoping to find an answer in this thread, or others, but no luck yet.
Kuneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:53 PM #20
Killtherapy

OK i know this is an old thread but i have been having this same problem with my A5. As i finally got mad enough to try and figure it out today i tore my cyclone feed apart completely. I had the ratchet problem last season and i went online and purchased a rap 4 rebuild kit which put all metal parts in place of plastic ones. So that had helped the problem that time, but as my luck goes things went wrong again. So what i have found this time is take out the cylinder from the cyclone feed and take a close look at the gasket/ seal for the piston. As i inspected mine it had pieces broke off and chipped up ( even though it has only been used a max of 5 games.) So now that i replaced the piston gasket it is running good again. i hope this helps anyone who is going through the same problem.
Killtherapy is offline   Reply With Quote