PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-23-2011, 03:39 PM #64
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohn Rep Ray View Post
Hi guys, we are currently working on some cool shirts for Alien and even maybe some other cool products in the near future.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:45 PM #65
spypaintball

Annual Supporting Member
spypaintball is for the Gunfight
spypaintball supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Hi guys, we are currently working on some cool shirts for Alien and even maybe some other cool products in the near future.
can't wait to see it
ICDO
North East Ballers
spypaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:28 AM #66
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
hmm okay ill talk with animal later today
Quote:
My want to call Kohn too. He has all the files - putting the "flash" behind the head wouldn't be hard and he is already getting some Bright Lime Green T's for the crossed guns shirts. I don't know if two shirts the same color is what players want - but could get a price break that way - pay for the artwork.
I'm gone next week, Scott we be answering the phone and such, point being do it however - but maybe worth the call.

Anyway we will have the 360 shirts, slight changes ,and the crossed guns and - finally - some Alien barrel socks.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:41 AM #67
asfaraslogic
Professional Hater

On the Alienpb website? ( I know its just never enough to satisfy some people... )
asfaraslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:25 PM #68
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Looks like the website got its first batch of updates.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:47 PM #69
E-PiLLs
Yeng Xiong

ALIEN MAKE A FACE BOOK PAGE !!!!!!!!!! talk about free advertising puahahah xD
Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 PM #70
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

http://www.facebook.com/#!/AlienPaintball

Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 AM #71
p8ntballinsbest#2

p8ntballinsbest#2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jack id love to see just a black shirt with the alien head and the word alien paintball under it. simple and would look great.
p8ntballinsbest#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 AM #72
E-PiLLs
Yeng Xiong

lol i'm so late XDD
Old 10-01-2011, 01:38 AM #73
Mr.Snuggles

Mr.Snuggles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mr.Snuggles supports DLX Technology
T-shirts? Really?

Not to burst everyone's bubble but from a marketing perspective i don't see why wearing a Alien paintball shirt will increase sales for alien pb. If you see someone wearing a planet eclipse shirt would you go buy an ego? People who see your shirt may ask you about the company but in the end there is almost no link to sales.

Perhaps Jack is better off using viral advertising by putting up promotional videos on youtube about his new markers. Planet eclipse, dye, and bob long all put up product trailer videos for their new markers. There is a higher probability that people looking up paintball marker videos online will actually purchase the product, especially if you put a link to your actual sales site on each video.

Let me run some of the numbers by you.

Initial cost for creation of each promotional ad $2000
- this can be done by outsourcing your ad creation to a professional firm, for this amount your promotional video will have all the bells and whistles of the other big paintball companies.

Next create a channel specifically for alien paintball on youtube so that people can identify the videos to your site.

Assuming that over the next two years you put up a video for your alien independence 2011 and your alien invasion 2012 and you have around 30 views per day nationwide for the video, in two years you will have amassed (365) * 2 * 30 = 21900 views.

Assuming that out of that huge number of views 3 percent of the viewers are persuaded to choose at some point over the next 3 years to purchase one of your markers you will have generated 21900* 0.03 = 657 units of sales over a period of 3 years.

Assuming that you have a profit margin of 30% on average for your products and the sales amounts of the 2011 independence and the 2012 invasion are about the same

Average retail price for you markers is
($995 + $599) / 2 = $797

Average the two together and you get $797 * .3 = $239.1 of EBIT or net income before interest and taxes per gun you sell.

At 657 units you will make $797 * 657 = $523,629 in REVENUE and $239.1 * 657 = $157,088.7 in NET INCOME (Cash) before taxes and interest over the next 3 years.

Discounted to the present value the $157,088.7 at an discount rate of 10% (And in this economy no one will lend you money at 10%) assuming (unrealistically) that everyone pays you exactly 3 years from when you submit the video (this present value is extremely conservative since people will be buying sooner and paying you sooner) the PV = $117,973.48 minus the initial cost of $2000 for the video and posting creates a net present value of $115,973.48.

Hopefully I have not lost you yet but if I have basically all it means is that with 30 views nationwide per day over a period of 2 years with 3% of your viewers either purchasing one of your guns or playing a crucial role in advising someone else to buy one of your markers. You will be making the equivalent of $117,973.48 in today’s dollars. Minus the costs of running this campaign and you will have received $115,973.48 in free cash today.

Of course this is just a simple financial projection, but in my opinion this generates more sales and gets the word out better than t-shirts.
Mr.Snuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 PM #74
E-PiLLs
Yeng Xiong

you lost me after "promotional ad $2000"......

you probably ate one of those white pills in "Limit Less" ahah xDD
Old 10-01-2011, 08:48 PM #75
ego10fan
Alien Independence fan

ego10fan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego10fan plays in the APPA beginner division
ego10fan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ego10fan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit

i'll take one of these in XL!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:48 AM #76
oomkool

oomkool owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Snuggles View Post
Not to burst everyone's bubble but from a marketing perspective i don't see why wearing a Alien paintball shirt will increase sales for alien pb. If you see someone wearing a planet eclipse shirt would you go buy an ego? People who see your shirt may ask you about the company but in the end there is almost no link to sales.

Perhaps Jack is better off using viral advertising by putting up promotional videos on youtube about his new markers. Planet eclipse, dye, and bob long all put up product trailer videos for their new markers. There is a higher probability that people looking up paintball marker videos online will actually purchase the product, especially if you put a link to your actual sales site on each video.

Let me run some of the numbers by you.

Initial cost for creation of each promotional ad $2000
- this can be done by outsourcing your ad creation to a professional firm, for this amount your promotional video will have all the bells and whistles of the other big paintball companies.

Next create a channel specifically for alien paintball on youtube so that people can identify the videos to your site.

Assuming that over the next two years you put up a video for your alien independence 2011 and your alien invasion 2012 and you have around 30 views per day nationwide for the video, in two years you will have amassed (365) * 2 * 30 = 21900 views.

Assuming that out of that huge number of views 3 percent of the viewers are persuaded to choose at some point over the next 3 years to purchase one of your markers you will have generated 21900* 0.03 = 657 units of sales over a period of 3 years.

Assuming that you have a profit margin of 30% on average for your products and the sales amounts of the 2011 independence and the 2012 invasion are about the same

Average retail price for you markers is
($995 + $599) / 2 = $797

Average the two together and you get $797 * .3 = $239.1 of EBIT or net income before interest and taxes per gun you sell.

At 657 units you will make $797 * 657 = $523,629 in REVENUE and $239.1 * 657 = $157,088.7 in NET INCOME (Cash) before taxes and interest over the next 3 years.

Discounted to the present value the $157,088.7 at an discount rate of 10% (And in this economy no one will lend you money at 10%) assuming (unrealistically) that everyone pays you exactly 3 years from when you submit the video (this present value is extremely conservative since people will be buying sooner and paying you sooner) the PV = $117,973.48 minus the initial cost of $2000 for the video and posting creates a net present value of $115,973.48.

Hopefully I have not lost you yet but if I have basically all it means is that with 30 views nationwide per day over a period of 2 years with 3% of your viewers either purchasing one of your guns or playing a crucial role in advising someone else to buy one of your markers. You will be making the equivalent of $117,973.48 in today’s dollars. Minus the costs of running this campaign and you will have received $115,973.48 in free cash today.

Of course this is just a simple financial projection, but in my opinion this generates more sales and gets the word out better than t-shirts.
This all sounds good and it can't hurt to try all the different marketing avenues. Many younger paintballers look for the "cool" factor at their local field ie. clothing, gear and markers, plus, I think most of us would rather shoot the markers ourselves to try it out than look at a Youtube video. Again, it all helps in the long run to promote the product.

I currently shoot an Alien but I wear Eclipse clothing as there is no Alien clothing available here. I would much rather wear an Alien tshirt and shoot an Alien than wear another brand.

My friends have watched the Alien vidoes on Youtube but not one of them have shown any interest in the marker, until one of them shot it. His reaction to the marker has everyone at the local field talking about it and about the new Invasion.

So, again, there are many different avenues to market the brand and Jack needs to look at all of them. At the end of the day it's his product, his company and his money.
oomkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:03 PM #77
Chuckasaurus
Giggity

Chuckasaurus plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ego10fan View Post

i'll take one of these in XL!

I'll take a couple of these too.....but I'd like to see the Alien logo and script in lime green, and without the guns. Kids couldn't wear it to school with the guns on it.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:48 PM #78
Mr.Snuggles

Mr.Snuggles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mr.Snuggles supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by oomkool View Post
This all sounds good and it can't hurt to try all the different marketing avenues. Many younger paintballers look for the "cool" factor at their local field ie. clothing, gear and markers, plus, I think most of us would rather shoot the markers ourselves to try it out than look at a Youtube video. Again, it all helps in the long run to promote the product.

I currently shoot an Alien but I wear Eclipse clothing as there is no Alien clothing available here. I would much rather wear an Alien t shirt and shoot an Alien than wear another brand.

My friends have watched the Alien videos on You tube but not one of them have shown any interest in the marker, until one of them shot it. His reaction to the marker has everyone at the local field talking about it and about the new Invasion.

So, again, there are many different avenues to market the brand and Jack needs to look at all of them. At the end of the day it's his product, his company and his money.
You mentioned that you shoot an alien but wear a planet eclipse shirt. Do you really think you will be making an impact with a t-shirt? You already have the gun which is the most important since customers are more likely to purchase an alien after shooting it.

If you were walking around you average mall/city and was wearing alien t-shirt i guarantee you that most people wont know or care about what your shirts about. If your on the field wearing one or at an event, chances are you already have/shoot and alien.

As you mentioned about your friend watching the video online, i was actually referring to this type of promotional video, one that has sex appeal.
http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8vpjyzF-is

It has been up for < 1 year and has 32000 views

And whatever video your friend watched on you tube, he is simply in the 97% of people who won't buy this marker from that advertising campaign. There is no way to make everyone try out the alien marker so the next best thing is to explain it to them in a sexy, edgy, and knowledgeable video.

All in all, there are two scenarios in play right now. Let me sum them up for you and you tell me which one is more likely.

1.) Someone sees you are wearing an alien t-shirt and remembers to go home and looks up the website on google and looks up the gun on pbreview, calls all his friends and asks them what they think. Next this person goes to a field and finds someone with an alien (pretty rare) and asks to shoot it. The guy who owns the alien is happy to lend out the gun to a stranger and lets the guy shoot a couple of shots. The guy likes it alot and then goes online yet again to buy the marker from the alien website.

Or...

2.) A guy already looking for a gun hears about an alien marker from a forum like this one. He then types in you tube for the gun to see what it looks/shoots like. He sees this super sexy promotional video that leaves him drooling and scrolls down into the the info box and sees a link directly to the alien website. He then sees that they are fairly priced and picks one up from the website as an impulse buy.

Yes he may suffer buyers remorse but people have that even after buying houses. Think about how well scion did when it created edgy, sexy viral videos promoting the product. Look at the kia soul and the hamster commercials. People buy expensive stuff based on how bad/*** it looks, not just on how it performs.

And finally, using the green bay packers as an example. Packers sell their shirts and advertise through playing/what they do. They make money off the shirts and advertise for them based on how well they play. There are actually sales correlations between how well the team does and how well their branded merchandise sells.

I understand that it is jack's own company/money/ whatever but it is just sad to see a good company with a good product do badly in the market due to lack of effective advertising.
Mr.Snuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:26 AM #79
huh101

huh101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
huh101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This thread is just filled with tl;dr.

huh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 AM #80
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by huh101 View Post
fact.
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:33 PM #81
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
fact.
I'm actually enjoying the conversation lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 PM #82
ego10fan
Alien Independence fan

ego10fan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego10fan plays in the APPA beginner division
ego10fan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ego10fan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tl;dr = ?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:48 PM #83
WhiteFang

Quote:
you must already have an alien so you don't have time to read because you're practicing your trigger walk all the time... some of us have nothing to trigger walk on and so we read.

I found it very well written and informative. I happen to agree that a super sexy video like the one linked above would be totally awesome thing for Alien to have, but right now something even more awesome would be just to get the gun in stock.
WhiteFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:36 PM #84
Hostile Creations
Rogue Killer

Big English words confuse me...
Hostile Creations is offline   Reply With Quote