Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-20-2011, 03:35 AM #1
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
Inside of the Barrel Anno

Hey so I saw a couple other threads with this question but none of them seemed to answer my question. When i look down my barrel it is very polished and smooth. I am sure that after dying and anno'ing the inside smoothness will be effected. Even if they cork the back wouldn't the front still be very dull? I'm sure that would effect performance. How does it work?
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2011, 05:00 AM #2
wonderboyP8NT

wonderboyP8NT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
wonderboyP8NT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cork? Not sure why you would prevent anno from inside the barrel. I had CS paintball anno a shaft4 and three backs and they look great inside and out and function identical to when they were new. If done by anyone reputable there will not be performance or cosmetic issues anodizing barrels.
wonderboyP8NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:10 AM #3
pykim01
smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboyP8NT View Post
Cork? Not sure why you would prevent anno from inside the barrel. I had CS paintball anno a shaft4 and three backs and they look great inside and out and function identical to when they were new. If done by anyone reputable there will not be performance or cosmetic issues anodizing barrels.
what if you have like a dust finish? wouldn't that mess with the inside of the barrel?
Old 09-20-2011, 06:06 AM #4
wonderboyP8NT

wonderboyP8NT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
wonderboyP8NT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Anodizing doesn't change the finish. Dust will stay dust and gloss will stay gloss. Unless your asking them to powder coat or something you should be fine. Just check with your anodizer first to play it safe. I'll send you pics of my shaft4 if you want a point of reference.

Last edited by wonderboyP8NT : 09-20-2011 at 06:10 AM.
wonderboyP8NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:46 PM #5
xsvdynastypballa

The correct way to do a barrel is to plug the back if its a two piece and ano the front with out a plug since it would leak through the ports anyway. The front on a two piece isn't part of the bore btw. For one pieces I like to plug the back and shove a plug down the barrel just passed the ports. In answer to your question yes it does change the bore of the barrel. A .68 will become a .69 and so on, Wonderboy is mostly right tho, It doesn't really change the finish MUCH. It will dull it a little depending on how may times its been stripped and reanoed.
xsvdynastypballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:19 PM #6
ccluff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsvdynastypballa View Post
The correct way to do a barrel is to plug the back if its a two piece and ano the front with out a plug since it would leak through the ports anyway. The front on a two piece isn't part of the bore btw. For one pieces I like to plug the back and shove a plug down the barrel just passed the ports. In answer to your question yes it does change the bore of the barrel. A .68 will become a .69 and so on, Wonderboy is mostly right tho, It doesn't really change the finish MUCH. It will dull it a little depending on how may times its been stripped and reanoed.
.68 to .69 would be a .010" dimensional change. You probably ment .689" to .691"

Assuming you use a reputable anodizer the barrels internal surface texture should remain the same. If the barrel can't be plugged you will loose .001" per surface. This means a .689" bore will become a .691" bore.

If you plug a 1 peice barrel past the porting you will be left with a seam/ledge inside the barrel where the 2 anodizing layers meet. It may or may not affect performance depending on how well its done.

WEBSITE COMMING SOON...
ccluff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:46 PM #7
pykim01
smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsvdynastypballa View Post
i understand that the fronts usually don't have to do with boring but does the dulling of the internals interfere with efficiency, velocity, and/or accuracy? i feel like pe is renowned for having great barrels and annoing it will just ruin it