Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 PM #1
joebotz

First tourney coming up, need advice!

Our first tourney is going to be a 3-man on October 9th and I was wondering if anyone has some 3-man tactics we could use and which paint we should go with. From what the place told me tourney players have the choice of Marballizer or All-Star paintballs.

Last edited by joebotz : 09-15-2011 at 07:17 PM.
joebotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 PM #2
SMJxKAB
Palm Beach Vipers

SMJxKAB plays in the PSP
SMJxKAB posts videos on PbNation
SMJxKAB is an NCPA player
SMJxKAB supports Pev's Paintball
SMJxKAB plays in the APPA D4 division
SMJxKAB has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Marballizers. Also just stay calm! When you get to your bunker before coming out count to three and take a deep breath! Works every time.
""Originally posted by pntball_dude1990: i need a ride to and from world cup. im pretty skint on cash but i can get you a huge free burrito at work. i also might have some beer but thats iffy. hit me up.""
Palm Beach Vipers

V3 Viper Vapor for Sale or Trade!
Xbox 360 with Extras for Sale or Trade!
SMJxKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:08 AM #3
nevekd128

allstar. brighter fill
hit someone wearing dark colors its real hard to tell when shooting marbs
Old 09-16-2011, 04:44 PM #4
BayAreaScrapers
Nugs Up!

BayAreaScrapers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BayAreaScrapers is for the Gunfight
BayAreaScrapers has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
3 man is a very fast type of tournament paintball. I'd recommend all three guns up off break, looking to secure that one G off break. When you get that first G, lets just say for example on the snake side, your snake player will want to rush up and exploit the hole you've made. Get that G, push the G side like crazy, but remeber to still play smart. you're one body up, dont make a dumb move to even the playing feild out. In a situation wher eyou lose a man off break, have the two remaining player cross up their lanes, makes for a lot better protection. Also, dont be afraid to "break games open", making those big moves, like running down your opponent, in order to give your team the upper hand, somtimes sacrificing yourself. Basicly, it's a really fast style of paintball, take advantage of it.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:52 PM #5
manwee
Explosive Kittens

manwee supports Team VICIOUS
marballizer varies crazily from batch to batch so get the all star the fill is really bright and it breaks very well. There is a thread in this section about a first time tournament checklist/ how to so check that out.

"Are they my balls all over your face?"
Karma Police 12 - "OMG IT has the worlds first ever SLPR (super-low pressure lpr) cause its gonna run at negative psi. worlds first ever anti-matter marker."
SquareDorito,"I shoot and it's going right at them, then the wind comes in and is like LOL JK!!"
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
lucasicool is my best friend. I call him Rocky
manwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:33 PM #6
joebotz

Rotor issue

Thanks for the responses so far guys. I'm looking for help with my rotor issue which is when the rotor is out of paint it makes a loud whirring sound this is normal of course but then if you leave it on and spinning for around 5 seconds the sound escalates and gets louder. Is this problem normal? if it's not should I call dye b4 the tourney to have them send me a new rotor because this one is defective and I still have warranty.
joebotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:43 PM #7
PEballer

i shoot all star every week it is an awesome paint. nothing wrong with marballizer i just prefer the brighter fill of all star
PEballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:19 PM #8
Facker10
FreeAgentContractKiller

not too sure about the rotor issue, however i would highly suggest bringing an extra hopper with you no matter what it is. I have recently seen a kid using a revy on an Ego, slow feed is better then no feed. As far as play, stated before stay calm. Watch for lanes dont make a move just to run into someones lane.
Play smart and good luck.
Facker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:27 PM #9
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
joe, take apart the feed system on the rotor and clean it. Maybe you didn't (not sure if possible) set it up properly last time you took it apart? Also, if things start grinding for some odd occurrence, which they never ever should when setup right, feel free to drop some gun oil on the cogs and cogs ONLY.

Also, as far as the tournament is concerned, having a clear and stable mind is best.

Take laxatives and just go **** happy the morning of the event (before you get to the field and in the bathroom of course). That's less crap (lol) to worry about and you'll maybe weigh a little bit less as well? Meh, I do it.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!
LNIB PE HDEs - CHEAP - Need em gone!
It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:28 PM #10
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facker10 View Post
not too sure about the rotor issue, however i would highly suggest bringing an extra hopper with you no matter what it is. I have recently seen a kid using a revy on an Ego, slow feed is better then no feed. As far as play, stated before stay calm. Watch for lanes dont make a move just to run into someones lane.
Play smart and good luck.
Well, that and a Revvy can actually keep up with the PSP ROF now... sooo.... if you want to be the most economical PSP player.. you know what's up.
Revvy, legend, steely, wassuuuup

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!
LNIB PE HDEs - CHEAP - Need em gone!
It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote