Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2011, 03:53 PM #1
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Old Trracer and Empire Trracer bolt interchangable?

I have an original Trracer, and the back lip of the bolt is getting worn down by the hammer latch. Would I be able to order a new Empire Trracer bolt and use my current bolt velocity adjuster in that bolt? Are the threading the same between the two?

This might be a question that only Simon can answer, but if anyone else has the answer, that would be great as well.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2011, 04:59 PM #2
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends VII
Simon supports Team VICIOUS
I think it depends on which bolt you have for the original Trracer. There were a few different ones over the years from what I have seen. Unfortunately I think it is unlikely that the old adjuster will work with the new bolt. I would suspect our bolt would come with the adjuster, (or you could get it to).

Is there a reason you want to use the original adjuster? Or that the new one won't work for you?

With the Trracer bolt itself, have you turned it over already? With most (all that I know of) you can simply rotate the bolt 180 degrees and re-install it, and now you have a brand new catch lip.
Simon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 PM #3
georgeyew

Thanks for the info Simon. Yes, I have already turned the bolt around. Both sides are worn

The new Trracer has slightly different internals. The new velocity adjuster has a guide tube on it which will not work with the old Trracer parts. It seems like in order to change one part, most of the internals will have to be swapped out as well. The cost to buy the updated internal separately is almost as much as a new marker. So I am just looking for the cheapest solution.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:55 PM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

So you would need to replace the bolt/adjuster, hammer, and powertube, correct?

For those who haven't taken one apart, the old Trracer was fairly unique among Nelson clones in that the valve had only a very short powertube sticking out of it and the real powertube was built into the center of the hammer.

This page has good pictures: http://www.pukindogspaintball.com/nelsons/NELSON.htm

The new one is more traditional.

Georgeyew, have you tried using a file to restore the edges of the bolt to a more squared-off edge that will catch the sear better?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:13 PM #5
georgeyew

Yup, basically all the internal pieces will needed to be replaced for everything to work. I will give the file a shot to see if it will extend the life of the bolt. Thanks for the idea.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 PM #6
Teahouser
that one guy

i was wondering this as well. i have an old aci maverick pump (trracer) and it had the adjustable bolt in it. then one day my friend was "adjusting" the velocity and tried to turn the brass screw the wrong way and he ended up snapping the whole brass fitting off inside the bolt. if i bought your new trracer bolt would it not fit my gun?
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:12 PM #7
Trouble_maker

This may help you out, I found these stainless steel Empire Trracer bolt on ebay. I got one it works great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_500wt_ 949
Trouble_maker is offline   Reply With Quote