Old 09-20-2011, 10:12 PM #22
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Boss
There will never ever be a paintball event held where someone doesn't complain about the following:

1. Reffing
2. Paint
3. Cheating
4. Reffing
5. It's hot
6. It's cold
7. Why is it raining?
8. My gun didn't work yo
9. Where are all the girls?
10. mershmersh derp

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:59 PM #23
Pomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
There will never ever be a paintball event held where someone doesn't complain about the following:

1. Reffing
2. Paint
3. Cheating
4. Reffing
5. It's hot
6. It's cold
7. Why is it raining?
8. My gun didn't work yo
10. mershmersh derp
you amaze me sometimes..
Old 09-21-2011, 06:36 AM #24
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball

DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by HnGryHnGryHiPp@ View Post
so ur sayiing favoring home teams is cool. yea i guess as long as your home team...PS ur a cheater...
When did I say favoring home teams is cool?? How am I a cheater? It was clearly spray off a bunker hence the reason why the NPPL ref wiped me clean.

The fact of the matter is... wether it was NPPL refs, PSP refs, Your team reffing, there is bound to be bad calls. They happen all the time in Professional sports everyday. NFL has the replay system and they still mess things up from time to time. The worst call of them all is the fact that you let it come down to a refs call.

Last edited by DelawarePBguy : 09-21-2011 at 06:41 AM.
DelawarePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 AM #25
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomy View Post
you amaze me sometimes..
Your beard amazes me sometimes.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 AM #26
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:

1. Reffing
2. Paint
3. Cheating
4. Reffing
5. It's hot
6. It's cold
7. Why is it raining?
8. My gun didn't work yo
10. mershmersh derp
This is so true. I have been doing this for 13 years. 13 LONG years. Reffing is and will always be the hottest topic of disscussion. I personaly sat there at the score table for most of Sunday. I saw most of the calls. The refs in my opinion were did a great job and were dead on. I am not going to say they did or did not do anything wrong. I will ALWAYS stand behind the reffing crew. It is a hard job, especially when your out there standing getting shot and yelled at wearing your goggles for 10 hours.

As for the comment on home teams, I am not sure if you are talking about the GPL/MAPL event or not but I will clear this up. I am not sure if you were aware but 99% of the refs out there this weekend on my fields are not even from the area, heck most of them live 5+ hours away. They are PSP, USPA, NYPL refs. If I remember correctly, out of the staff on the field, I believe only 1 of all the refs that was on the field even plays at OXCC... the others don't (some it was their first time even being there).

I love all you guys (players and staff). As you all know I try to go out of my way to make sure you guys are all happy. I appreciate all the comments though because if I dont know what you want or what bothers you, then I cant give you the event that you want!

Cyndi
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:57 PM #27
k2im

Quote:
i saw a player get a 1 for 1 for "spinning" when he clearly was facing the other player as he was attempting a bunker run. Then I ran and bunker a kid , shot him in his back, he clearly spun and he got no penalty...
I think that was me. Take a look and you make the call. Turn up the volume at 1:13.

Last edited by k2im : 09-26-2011 at 06:28 AM.
k2im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:25 AM #28
Booyahkai (Banned)

Booyahkai plays in the PSP
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D4 division
I saw the whole thing happen Ed. It was a bad call but nothing you can do about it now.

Nice contour BTW. I was on the wire about getting one. You made up my mind for me. What mount did you use by the way?
Booyahkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:38 AM #29
Facker10
FreeAgentContractKiller

Quote:
i saw a player get a 1 for 1 for "spinning" when he clearly was facing the other player as he was attempting a bunker run. Then I ran and bunker a kid , shot him in his back, he clearly spun and he got no penalty...
I saw that game lol. That was incredible, everyone on the sidelines were saying it was bull$*!%.
Sorry for that game man at least you know you had a good move lol.
Facker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:10 AM #30
bino

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2im View Post
I think that was me. Take a look and you make the call. Turn up the volume at 1:13.

I'm gonna go by first saying thanks Cindy for having Leon and my reffs there we had great time. And now to the good old reffs suck banter lol.

Haha this is great your right it wasn't spinning it was playing on because u got shotin the shoulder which isn't in the pic and then you shot him sorry for the miss saying forgot people make mistakes but reffs can't geez.what has the world come to. I was lenient with you guys if it was up to me Iwould reff you like i do the pro's and drop the hammer on you guys evertime. But im not reffing the pro's this is divisonal and for some ther first tournament and i dont want them hating us for things you guys dont understand I threw 3-4 penaltys all week I prob could have thrown 20+ flags easy with out even breaking a sweat. I had teams get shot in the goggles and ask for a check. You got people getting shot in there hands and then saying they didn't feel it. I can go on for days about this past weekend I've seen more pb then most of you will see in your career and i have herd every excuse known in pb. I know reffing is the most hated and hardest job of it all and as a reff we will make mistakes it happens but I guarantee we are getting the other 90% right where working on getting it right 100% But if you want to help or suggest things to make reffing better I want to here them pm me I'm here to make it better. Or even going to promoter of the event and express your concerns there or going to ultimate reff is allot better then coming on a form and saying this and talking that. But instead you guys would rather go and do what you guys are doing now bashing us and telling us we favor other teams we need get are eyes checked the same old bs pb talk. That doesn't help pb it only makes it worse.
But I can tell ya this none of my guys favored anyone or any team we didn't travel 6hours to reff you guys to favor any team that's pretty crazy to say. I reffed you guys as what your playing d4/3/2 players not pro guys you guys have to understand that divisional reffing and pro reffing is different ask any divisional team that plays psp they will tell you. Sorry we didn't get them all the calls right but I do know I had more loosing teams saying good job reffs this weekend then the winning teams.
Oh yeah My name is Carlo the 50 snake reff. Im here all day for questions.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:32 AM #31
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bino View Post
I'm gonna go by first saying thanks Cindy for having Leon and my reffs there we had great time. And now to the good old reffs suck banter lol.

Haha this is great your right it wasn't spinning it was playing on because u got shotin the shoulder which isn't in the pic and then you shot him sorry for the miss saying forgot people make mistakes but reffs can't geez.what has the world come to. I was lenient with you guys if it was up to me Iwould reff you like i do the pro's and drop the hammer on you guys evertime. But im not reffing the pro's this is divisonal and for some ther first tournament and i dont want them hating us for things you guys dont understand I threw 3-4 penaltys all week I prob could have thrown 20+ flags easy with out even breaking a sweat. I had teams get shot in the goggles and ask for a check. You got people getting shot in there hands and then saying they didn't feel it. I can go on for days about this past weekend I've seen more pb then most of you will see in your career and i have herd every excuse known in pb. I know reffing is the most hated and hardest job of it all and as a reff we will make mistakes it happens but I guarantee we are getting the other 90% right where working on getting it right 100% But if you want to help or suggest things to make reffing better I want to here them pm me I'm here to make it better. Or even going to promoter of the event and express your concerns there or going to ultimate reff is allot better then coming on a form and saying this and talking that. But instead you guys would rather go and do what you guys are doing now bashing us and telling us we favor other teams we need get are eyes checked the same old bs pb talk. That doesn't help pb it only makes it worse.
But I can tell ya this none of my guys favored anyone or any team we didn't travel 6hours to reff you guys to favor any team that's pretty crazy to say. I reffed you guys as what your playing d4/3/2 players not pro guys you guys have to understand that divisional reffing and pro reffing is different ask any divisional team that plays psp they will tell you. Sorry we didn't get them all the calls right but I do know I had more loosing teams saying good job reffs this weekend then the winning teams.
Thank you so much Carlo. Yes guys, I am always here. I'm at the field or the table during events. Dont be afraid to come to me. If I'm not at the table, let the girls know, they know where I am. I WANT to hear it. If you dont want to do it at the event here is my PERSONAL CELL PHONE - 518-742-0111. Text me, Call me.

Thanks again guys.. cant wait until Event 5 Oct 8-9!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:57 AM #32
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

On a seperate note... this is the thread for Event 4 D2/3... so its time for Event 5. Already got some 3man D2/3 signed up... lets get the division enough teams too... Want to end the year with a BANG!!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:29 PM #33
KdogDReapers
KCrute #93

KdogDReapers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KdogDReapers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lol. with the previous few comments. but yes, i was the player from PGK that got the major for a pack hit. bad calls happen, but still. overall good tournament as always MAPL
KdogDReapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:28 PM #34
Image rkelly
The comeback.....

Image rkelly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Image rkelly is for the Gunfight
Just my 0.2 cents

Ok then, well the refs did a great job from what I could see. U refs have praise and no complaints from me an Ex NPPL ref.

Now onto D2/D3 3man teams and having enuff teams. Im all for letting these higher division teams mix in with D4 3man teams if there aren't enuff teams yet. Put two higher division teMs in each D4 race to 2 bracket.. Look back at the old NPPL brackets befour divisions came on the seen. You had pro and amtr, each bracket had 2 pro teams in them. Pros would play both levels in there bracket then move on to sat then ending sunday with the top 6 pro teams and then the top 8 amtr teams playing in there respectful brackets. Do you guys see were im going with this? im all for some old school division play it gives D4 teams some hard play and will help with progression of the divisions that we all hope to progress toward. So ladys and gentleman of the D4 divisions what do you see wrong with this? All I see is a division that WE need to help grow on a small level now. So when were ready to play in this higher division we have a place to do it on a local level. Thats just my lil bit of input to get these higher divisions up and running this is a brief look @ a option. It def should be looked @ and explored alil more.thank u class dismissed...

SUPAFLY headbands voted the best by everyone who owens one...PM me for info

SUPAFLY headbands...get one for your dome piece..pm me
Image rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:30 PM #35
k2im

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyahkai View Post
I saw the whole thing happen Ed. It was a bad call but nothing you can do about it now.

Nice contour BTW. I was on the wire about getting one. You made up my mind for me. What mount did you use by the way?
It's over.

I used one of countour's helmet mounts, but went to walmart for a rifle scope mount that would fit around the dye barrel.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:39 PM #36
k2im

Quote:
Originally Posted by bino View Post

Carlo, thanks for responding.

Last edited by k2im : 09-23-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM #37
SONICBOOM
FreeAgentContractKillers

Quote:

1. Reffing
2. Paint
3. Cheating
4. Reffing
5. It's hot
6. It's cold
7. Why is it raining?
8. My gun didn't work yo
10. mershmersh derp
hey idk what talking u about but i complained about every single thing on your list except no.9.. we had cyndi, blue eyes moxy and michelle..no complaints there..
SONICBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 PM #38
Johnnymac631

Johnnymac631 plays in the PSP
Johnnymac631 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Johnnymac631 is an NCPA player
Johnnymac631 plays in the APPA D3 division
Great event ! Can't wait for the next one ! Let's go d3 get some teams going !!!!! Btw the refffing was awesome ! And all around fair on both sides , the best reffing gpl has seen in a long time.

Play the Quickshot 3 man Paintball 2014 Series !
Johnnymac631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:23 PM #39
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICBOOM View Post
hey idk what talking u about but i complained about every single thing on your list except no.9.. we had cyndi, blue eyes moxy and michelle..no complaints there..
aww... thanks D5 young gun
Old 09-26-2011, 01:26 PM #40
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image rkelly View Post
Ok then, well the refs did a great job from what I could see. U refs have praise and no complaints from me an Ex NPPL ref.

Now onto D2/D3 3man teams and having enuff teams. Im all for letting these higher division teams mix in with D4 3man teams if there aren't enuff teams yet. Put two higher division teMs in each D4 race to 2 bracket.. Look back at the old NPPL brackets befour divisions came on the seen. You had pro and amtr, each bracket had 2 pro teams in them. Pros would play both levels in there bracket then move on to sat then ending sunday with the top 6 pro teams and then the top 8 amtr teams playing in there respectful brackets. Do you guys see were im going with this? im all for some old school division play it gives D4 teams some hard play and will help with progression of the divisions that we all hope to progress toward. So ladys and gentleman of the D4 divisions what do you see wrong with this? All I see is a division that WE need to help grow on a small level now. So when were ready to play in this higher division we have a place to do it on a local level. Thats just my lil bit of input to get these higher divisions up and running this is a brief look @ a option. It def should be looked @ and explored alil more.thank u class dismissed...
I remember those days, we use to play that way in the old GPL days too. And this is from an Old School Girl, I love that idea, but the industry/format has changed that now thats not the norm. Yes it would make like alot easier. But I also still need to have enough people in a particular division to cover those divisional prizes too... I am hoping I can make this work abd play all divisions!