PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-24-2011, 09:35 PM #1
kenjay

kenjay is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Upgraded Mayhem Inside!

Over 10 years ago I had bought one of the first v1 Mayhems ever produced (I believe it was #9). I shortened the trigger pull and installed an air agitation setup, but only had it for maybe a year before trading it away (for a Supernova actually). Well, recently I picked one back up again, this time a purple v2. Purple and gold were both limited release colors, according to PGI at least. So after some changes...below is the result!

Specs:
PGI Mayhem v2 - Purple #377
SP Max-Flo LP Inline Reg
Bob Long Mini Rail
Redz Clamping Feedneck
Delrin Spool & Poppet
Heavy Main Spring
Double Trigger Frame
Scenario Dreams UTB
Bouncebeam Eye

I need to pick up a fresh battery to get it humming along. I had this same marker shooting over 11bps with an e-blade frame on it, so I expect similar results with the UTB setup. The frame utilizes the UTB membrane pad, which is installed on the rear of the frame along with a small LED window. Enjoy!

Last edited by kenjay : 08-14-2011 at 02:24 PM.
kenjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 AM #2
Maj Tom

Nice, I just did nearly the same thing to a parts Mayhem I bought, except for trigger frame (needed to carve out an Illustrator frame to work), heavier main spring and delrin spool.

What pressure are you running with the heavier spring?

Started like this:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/jabeli2/002-3.jpg

Do you happen to know the model of eye you have? The ones I've found from other electronic suppliers don't seem to work and S Dreams hasn't responded to any previous contact attempts.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 AM #3
kenjay

Pressures are running about the same with the heavier spring.

The double trigger frame came off of an F4 Illustrator as well. Tough to locate, but they pop up every now and again.

I started off using the stock E-blade eye. It worked well with the E-blade frame, but since the SD eye logic is setup differently (no sensitivity adjustment), I couldn't get it to sense the ball with where I had it installed in the breech. I needed to move it further up into the breech and closer to the ball. The tiny PCB that the E-blade eye is on was too big to shove up into the 1/4" hole under the ball, so I needed to change plans. Obviously the Kodenshi SG2BC eye would work if I could move it up further into the breech, but these aren't readily available in the states. I ordered 5 of them, which are being slow-boated from Poland. And in the meantime, I picked up a variety of different reflective sensors off of Digikey and ended up using the Optek OPB606A. I have a couple of others that should work, and of course I have the Kodenshis that are coming in who knows when. So let me know if you need something.

As far as contact with SD, I haven't had any issues going back and forth with Damon. A little delayed sometimes with his responses, but I can only assume he's got a life to tend to.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:40 PM #4
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

I'm a fan, where'd you find it?

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Polish Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:17 PM #5
kenjay

Picked up the Mayhem off of eBay in a package deal. It was stock except for a hi-rise angel feedneck that's no longer on the marker obviously. Updated the thread with more pics showing the install by the way.

Last edited by kenjay : 08-14-2011 at 02:51 PM.