Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 PM #1
WritingWriter

tm7 air leak

so i was playing with my tm7 at dday. the big day comes and my tm7 sprung a leak somewhere. took it apart and couldnt find the leak. any help?
WritingWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:48 AM #2
EmpireTech
Always here to Help

EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech plays in the PSP
EmpireTech plays in the APPA D4 division
EmpireTech supports Empire
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WritingWriter View Post
so i was playing with my tm7 at dday. the big day comes and my tm7 sprung a leak somewhere. took it apart and couldnt find the leak. any help?
IF you can locate the leak that would help. There are not many places on the TM-7 that can cause a leak.. Also what kinda of leak is it?? Quiet/Slow or Loud/Fast..
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM #3
TheEnglishGuy

Remember that you can take off the outside shell and air up the marker as normal, that should help you locate where the air is leaking from.

If it's coming out of the barrel then focus on the poppet to start with, make sure you have a fresh battery and try dry firing it without air to make sure the solenoid is clicking so it can reset itself. Take out the poppet and lube it. See if either of those help first.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:54 PM #4
WritingWriter

appreciate the input fellas. im gonna check in out in the morning. from what i remember when i hooked up the air it just started leaking fast from inside the marker. i took it apart the other day and cleaned the poppit.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:44 AM #5
TheEnglishGuy

Solenoid/Poppet might need to be reset, so try what I said to reset the solenoid and also screw the rear velocity adjuster all the way in to lock in the poppet. If it airs up and holds, turn the rear adjuster about 1.5 turns out and then give it a try.

English
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 AM #6
WritingWriter

all is good now gents. thanks for the help. i think it was just the poppet needing a reset. English as always you are the freaking man.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 PM #7
WritingWriter

ok so new update. when i hooked a bottle directly to my marker it did fine. however when i hook up my remote line it started throwing air out from inside the marker. any ideas english?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:22 PM #8
TheEnglishGuy

Hmmm shouldn't make any difference either way unless the o-ring on the remote line is bad and if so it would leak out of the regulator area. Try locking in the poppet first (tighten the rear adjuster all the way in), dry fire it a couple times (no air, eyes off) to make sure the solenoid is in place, then turn on the remote line air. If it's leaking down the barrel, switch back to the tank directly attached and see if it does the same again.

English