Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-28-2011, 05:19 PM #1
Sk8tersporty25

Empire Axe or Geo 2.1?

I could probably get the Axe easily, but should I wait longer & put up the extra like $900 for the Geo 2.1?
Because the Axe beats it in Efficiency, & Accuracy?
+ It has the smoothness of a Spool & the efficiency of a Poppet?
Sk8tersporty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2011, 05:45 PM #2
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
how exactly is the axe more accurate?

Get whatever one you feels better in your hands, or if you have the opportunity, play a game with each.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:54 PM #3
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post

Get whatever one you feels better in your hands, or if you have the opportunity, play a game with each.
This.

There are pros and cons to both guns.

Axe: Pros- price, good CS, all modes needed, macroless (if prefered), easy to maintain, air efficient, easy to resell, can leave in the bag for a week after playing and will still shoot, techs at every event, most shops deal.

Cons- stock barrel may want to replace, uses a spring to adjust velocity, Uses LED lights (can make it hard to tune on the spot, preference), will need new gun case, limited colors.

Geo 2.1: Pros- efficient on air, has an LCD screen for easy tuning (preference), good stock barrel, many color selections, new style asa and reg, good CS, comes with case, smoother shot, easy to maintain, techs at every event, most shops deal, easy to sell or trade, still uses macroline for easy fixing.

Cons- price.

The Axe is a poppit and the Geo2.1 is a spool, which operate differently. While the Axe is the cheapest tournament level poppit on the market, there are other spool markers that shoot just as good or better than the geo2.1, yet can be found at a lower price. May want to look around a bit.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:12 AM #4
TeamLeadersAccount

TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639

This.

Axe: Pros- price, good CS, all modes needed, macroless (if prefered), easy to maintain, air efficient, easy to resell, can leave in the bag for a week after playing and will still shoot, techs at every event, most shops deal.

Cons- stock barrel may want to replace, uses a spring to adjust velocity, Uses LED lights (can make it hard to tune on the spot, preference), will need new gun case, limited colors.

Geo 2.1: Pros- efficient on air, has an LCD screen for easy tuning (preference), good stock barrel, many color selections, new style asa and reg, good CS, comes with case, smoother shot, easy to maintain, techs at every event, most shops deal, easy to sell or trade, still uses macroline for easy fixing.

Cons- price.

The Axe is a poppit and the Geo2.1 is a spool, which operate differently. While the Axe is the cheapest tournament level poppit on the market, there are other spool markers that shoot just as good or better than the geo2.1, yet can be found at a lower price. May want to look around a bit.
I agree with everything that u said except colors. If I'm not mistaken. On ANSgear.com they have tons of colors for the axe
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 PM #5
Immortal15

Immortal15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Immortal15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Immortal15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
This.

Cons- price.

I`m gonna agree with everything except that the Geo 2 isn`t so great on air.
Immortal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:42 PM #6
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Your sources are pretty misguided if you've come to the conclusion that one gun is more accurate than another.

I really don't understand your comparison though. It's like asking "should I get the Ferrari or the Ford?" The only advantage the axe has is being cheaper. Otherwise the Geo beats it at everything, literally everything.

Last edited by outkast kid : 08-29-2011 at 03:45 PM.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 PM #7
nick425

nick425 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nick425 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nick425 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The geo is not more efficent than an axe but yes if you have the money a geo is smoother, better reliability, simpler to maintain and program.

Although just to say. It is possible to add a barrel kit, virtue oled, nano feedneck, rf chip and still be what almost half the price of a 2.1 geo. Then that axe will perform Damm close to a geo 2

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth
nick425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:41 PM #8
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Efficiency doesn't matter, the geo isn't a shoebox, it'll give plenty of shots for a back or front player. Even with 'ups' an axe will never be as reliable as a geo.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:06 PM #9
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLeadersAccount View Post
I agree with everything that u said except colors. If I'm not mistaken. On ANSgear.com they have tons of colors for the axe
Ansgear does custom annos on their guns. If you were to buy from a shop, you would be able to get 3 stock colors from Empire, maybe a fourth if the Ice is available.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
Old 08-29-2011, 05:08 PM #10
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal15 View Post
I`m gonna agree with everything except that the Geo 2 isn`t so great on air.
Depends on the Geo2 in my experience then. I used the Paintballgateway.com team's geo2 and I was able to get 9 and a hopper off if it. It was well broken in though.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
Old 08-29-2011, 05:41 PM #11
cslguy

Keep in mind an Axe with a barrel kit, upgraded bolt and it being tuned still gets the job done, heck a stock Axe gets the job done, but I would still say the Geo is got to be better but personally if you want high end spool then I would go with a DM or Cone VX
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:34 PM #12
heyyo
All Walk

has been a member for 10 years
heyyo helped look for balloons
heyyo posts videos on PbNation
In all honesty I would go with the axe. The difference in accuracy is minimal to none. If you were to shoot both guns without knowing what they were you probably wouldn't notice the difference. XSV (shooting axes) took 2nd in their first event at NPPL and I would aquit that to skill but their guns must have been shooting accurate as well.

Many people get caught up in relating price to quality of product but if you want the best gun for the money focus on the design of the product. If it feels good and is reliable than the gun most likely works for you. Accuracy comes to bolt design and barrel paint match which can have little to do with buying a more expensive gun (patent laws).

Infusica Music Blog - Hip-Hop, Electronica, Beat Music, Ambient, Glitch Hop at www.infusica.com

Nonstop Drum and Bass for your gaming needs...www.clutch.fm
heyyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:26 AM #13
JoelsTimmy
I Bust Balls On You!!

JoelsTimmy is playing at Living Legends VII
JoelsTimmy supports Pev's Paintball
JoelsTimmy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
JoelsTimmy supports Empire
Well said, Heyyo.

PayPal Verified / eBay Feedback +298/0/-0

PINOYBALLASOCIETY
JoelsTimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:36 AM #14
cslguy

Got an Axe yesterday and playing today with it, it came with a Nightstick. I will let you know how it goes
Old 09-04-2011, 01:52 PM #15
Kraig"K-Mart"Martin
412 KREW

Kraig"K-Mart"Martin plays in the PSP
Kraig"K-Mart"Martin plays in the APPA D4 division
Kraig"K-Mart"Martin supports Empire
I owned both and its all really about preferences. I love the axe though. I have a used for rec ball dust black axe with green virtue laser eyes, dust black dye ul barrel used once, empire nano feedneck, plus all original boxes and barrel. No original feedneck it was messed up when I swapped out for the nano feedneck. Everything was just bought I am original owner and took it all out plastic like 3 weeks ago and is literally brand new only used for 4 fast games of rec ball. Pm me if you are interested then I will take pics. looking for 400
412 KREW #12

ONE TEAM, ONE FAMILY, ONE POINT AT A TIME!

412 Krew paintball team tryout and info thread:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post85367169
Kraig"K-Mart"Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:24 PM #16
cslguy

I played today and had stock settings and wow, it shoots very nice and smooth! I recommend it! I also think after shooting the Axe, you dont really need anything more "high end" then that
Old 09-05-2011, 08:19 PM #17
Immortal15

Immortal15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Immortal15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Immortal15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
First off any two guns without Apex/Flatline barrels, chronoed at the same FPS, using decent paint, and clean but not overlubed will shoot the same.
Axe (in line poppit)
can play tighter
more efficient

Geo 2/2.1 (spool)
smoother
quieter
batter packaging
more reliable (Axe has yet to prove itself)
longer feel (if you like that feel than this is a pro)

Both have great cs
Bottom line is the Axe is a great mid to high end but a Geo2/2.1 is a true highend. High ends are just built better. If you wanted to go down the highend road I would look other than a Geo2/2.1 because they are nothing special. Here is my list of high ends you should consider: (top to bottom, best to worst)
Clone Vx
Victory
Luxe
G6R

Last edited by Immortal15 : 09-05-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Immortal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 PM #18
cslguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal15 View Post
First off any two guns without Apex/Flatline barrels, chronoed at the same FPS, using decent paint, and clean but not overlubed will shoot the same.
Axe (in line poppit)
can play tighter
more efficient

Geo 2/2.1 (spool)
smoother
quieter
batter packaging
more reliable (Axe has yet to prove itself)
longer feel (if you like that feel than this is a pro)

Both have great cs
Bottom line is the Axe is a great mid to high end but a Geo2/2.1 is a true highend. High ends are just built better. If you wanted to go down the highend road I would look other than a Geo2/2.1 because they are nothing special. Here is my list of high ends you should consider: (top to bottom, best to worst)
Clone Vx
Victory
Luxe
G6R
Well said my friend

Although I have only played with my newly aquired Axe once I think its pretty damn smooth and pretty quiet, still need to break it in though. I think it would get the job done very well and I cant see myself even possibly NEEDING more "high end" then the Axe.

Now on to the other high ends. I love really smooth guns (I prefer spools over poppits) and the Clone VX really looks super smooth and pretty efficient, sexy too! If you want a high end, cross the Geo off the list and REALLY look at the Clone or Luxe (I would take the Clone over the Luxe)

Thats about all I got as of now, good luck
Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 PM #19
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
This.

Cons- price.

If it's red it's wrong. Axe's are smooth as **** and have no kick just kinda snappy.
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:29 AM #20
Wakerider@DUB-C

Wakerider@DUB-C owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wakerider@DUB-C is for the Gunfight
I've watch the nppl event 1 tons of times and I have to say every other game or so Thomas Taylor was having to mess with something on his axe because it was malfunctioning or the hopper popped off. Not sure if that was before or during the time they had the axe pro edition with all the ups on it.
Wakerider@DUB-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:53 AM #21
woah
Gun For Hire

woah owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
woah is for the Gunfight
woah supports DLX Technology
woah supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakerider@DUB-C View Post
I've watch the nppl event 1 tons of times and I have to say every other game or so Thomas Taylor was having to mess with something on his axe because it was malfunctioning or the hopper popped off. Not sure if that was before or during the time they had the axe pro edition with all the ups on it.
Yeah and I saw a lot of barrel breaks, so it's not very fragile on paint, but we all know how ridiculously fragile the paint is at events
woah is offline   Reply With Quote