PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-28-2011, 12:13 AM #1
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Food Portion Shrinkage in Fast Food

Has anyone noticed the decreasing portions of fast food and the increasing prices?

I went to Taco Bell this week for the first time in several months and noticed they had two types grilled stuft burrito; a regular and their supersized version for quite a bit of money more. The regular was the same price I was used to.

Anyways, ordered the regular with chicken. Upon receipt I noticed the burrito was nearly half the size of what it used to be. The **** is going on. Do I have to pay nearly double the price just to get a fulfilling meal? I can control my own portions by just not eating anymore when I'm full. Now I have to buy more food because the fat ****s in this country don't know how to exercise a bit and control their portions on their own.

/rant
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2011, 12:18 AM #2
IplayforRelentless
Quit changing my avatar!

IplayforRelentless is BST Trusted
IplayforRelentless is a Paintball photographer
IplayforRelentless supports our troops
IplayforRelentless is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
IplayforRelentless is attending Decay of Nations VI
The first time I noticed this was when I got a pizza from Papa Johns a while back, their large was considered a medium when I was a kid =/. I agree that portion control is up to the people, it shouldn't be up to the food service industry.
"Originally posted by -|2ain: Ima kill Dieing to live when he gets back! THEY MADE ME DO A RECTAL EXAM!!!! A ****ING RECTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
"Originally posted by tremis: I love the self righteousness of the photographers with the claim that they "created" a photograph. Delusional at all? The law may ignorantly side with the photographer, but the subject has done the vast majority of the work and they dont get any credit/royalties."
I take hipster photos on Instagram - @hobbesthetiger
NJ Devils MN Wild MN Twins Chi Cubs IA Hawkeyes
IplayforRelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:42 AM #3
snoller
lurking in the background

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
snoller is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
snoller is Legendary
Mcdonalds pisses me off the most. I ****ing love their fries and they keep ****ing downsizing them.

p8ntball@ddict: If I had T-Mobile, you would be in my MyFaves
MR.JABM:Hi everyone, i'm snoller. I have an avatar changing addiction
Auctionjunkie!: If nothing else Scott you are passionate on your thoughts and topics. Kudos to you.
jdev: snoller, do you have the ability to make food that is not epic? or is everything you make just pretty epic?
TheMike: How do you take off a bra one handed? Theres too many styles of clasps, and I dont want to look like a fool in front of the woman..
snoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:03 PM #4
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
midman112 plays in the APPA D4 division
Its not all due to lack of portion control by the general public. It has a lot to do with the increased cost of food to each restaurant chain, the cost of running the business, cost of transporting the food to the restaurant, etc. Their prices increase, our prices increase. Another way to make money is to down size the portions forcing those hungrier patrons to buy more food in order for them to reach satisfaction.

It pisses me off too, don't get me wrong but I do understand it because I have worked in the restaurant business for a while now when I'm not at school. I think the one food service that pisses me off the most are pizza restaurants. Like said above, the large's now are the size of a medium from when I was a kid. My dad showed me a picture from when he was in college of he and a bunch of people in his living room chowing down on this massive pizza. I asked him what size pizza it was and I was so surprised to hear him say "Well, back in my day that was considered a large." This thing was easily twice the size of a large pizza we know today. What happened to the good ole days?