PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-24-2011, 06:29 PM #1
stormtrooper123

stormtrooper123 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
luxe vs geo2. help

ive been playing with an etek3 LT, dye rotor, and a 50/4500 ninja air tank for a while now and think its time to upgrade to one of the very high end guns. shot a luxe last weekend and it was incredible. they are expensive but in my opinion i think it is worth it. but...how does the geo2 compare with this gun? looking at maybe getting one of these also. will planet eclipse be making this gun for 2013+? any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
stormtrooper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2011, 07:08 PM #2
bettle
RIP Bills BackYard

bettle plays in the PSP
bettle plays in the APPA D4 division
well since your coming into a luxe forum its going to biased. in my time with geos they seem to break often. ive never worked on one or maintained one but when i have used teammates they seem to not want to work for me. my luxe was shooting poorly when i got but after a few oring fitments and some tweaking it has shot great. plus the customer service from dlx is second to none. soo of course imo luxe is def the better choice.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM #3
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
OLD_B4LL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OLD_B4LL3R has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R supports DLX Technology
Do like I did and Buy BOTH!

My Geo2 is always in my bag. I primarily use my Luxe, and if it ever acts up, I will pull out the Geo2. Both are very good reliable markers. The Luxe is a bit smoother, and the sound signature is more quiet. The Geo2 is a smooth shooter, but still has little pop to it, when it shoots. The Luxe is more of a swoosh sound to it. Before a Geo guy says break in your Geo2 then decide, I have over 20,000 rounds through my Geo2 and it's very well maintained.

As for resell value, the Luxe holds value more than the Geo because of Planet Eclipse's release strategy. (Supposed to change this year though : ie no more Ego per every year. - we will see) Geo2 resell was ok - then they release a 2.1 and the change is not backward compatible, so that dropped the value in the Geo2. The Luxe's 1.5 modification (eye covers) can be adapted to the Luxe 1.0 Anyway - just minor things to consider, but you really can't go wrong performance wise either way!

Hope this helps!

*****NOTE: all of this is a personal opinion, and why VS threads are not normally allowed, as crazy fan boys want to attack various brands. Many people have various opinions and all of them can be very different based upon perceptions.
Zodiac ZR-1 Black/Green = Ninja 550psi Reg'd Crossfire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Ego10 DigiCam Midnight (Virtue OLED) = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Geo2 Midnight = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
My YouTube . . BattleField Orlando
OLD_B4LL3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 PM #4
habicabi
PCU

habicabi plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD_B4LL3R View Post
Both are very good reliable markers. The Luxe is a bit smoother, and the sound signature is more quiet. The Geo2 is a smooth shooter, but still has little pop to it, when it shoots. The Luxe is more of a swoosh sound to it.

I agree with him. For a spool, the Luxe absolutely blows the Geo2 out of the water. Comparing the Luxe side by side to the Geo2, the Geo2 didn't seem like a spool. It felt like a poppit. Now I don't know how many cases the Geo2 had through it. I heard somebody say it was relatively new. (I didn't buy it because it had a local teams logo anno'd on it)

Luxe is definitely quieter.

Take some time to learn some different tricks and some more common problems with the Luxe. When you get a leak down the breach, change the bolt sail oring, if you get a puff in the grip frame, change the can oring, stuff like that.

Not saying those are incredibly common, but you know what to do at the field if it should happen.

Essentially I'm just telling you to do your homework and know your gun.

Last edited by habicabi : 08-24-2011 at 07:42 PM.
habicabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 PM #5
AaronGPB

AaronGPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AaronGPB supports Pev's Paintball
AaronGPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have neither gun. I just stumbled across this thread because i typed in 06 ego (dont know why this popped up)

But I can tell you that from what I have seen the luxe is a better shooting gun. When it shoots. It is very finicky, and the only 4 people I know with luxes have had problems in the beginning and fixed them, but have had more problems come up day by day. From what I have seen, the luxe isn't a gun that you can go out for a day and swear that it'll work.

I know a couple of people with the Geo 2, and I have to say that the thing is pretty impressive. I shoot a victory (which I love) and the Geo2 is a little smoother. The Geo2 is a little on the loud side (quieter than an ego, louder than a DM) but it is also a super smooth shooter. The Geo2 (from my experience) is a lot more efficient, so if you're a back player, or just shoot a lot of paint, I would go for the Geo2.

If the decision was up to me I would go with a Geo2, just because they are a solid gun that you can rely on, but I must say that the feel of a luxe is amazing, once again, when it works.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by AaronGPB : 08-24-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: i meant geo2 not geo
AaronGPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 PM #6
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Pretty much every high end out there these days is great. IMO the Luxe has them all beat in terms of ergonomics and gentleness on paint.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:05 AM #7
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!

lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
luxe. ive had 4 because every other gun to me now seems like its not as good.
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:03 AM #8
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Moved to the vs forum.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 PM #9
TeamLeadersAccount

TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
But geo 2 will be more accurate
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 PM #10
AaronGPB

AaronGPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AaronGPB supports Pev's Paintball
AaronGPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Not necessarily. The Geo shoots like an ego, in that it has a little bit of lob to it, while the luxe shoots more straight but has quite a bit of scatter.

So the Geo is more accurate to an extent. I like the feel of a geo more.
AaronGPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:28 PM #11
jk178206

jk178206 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
jk178206 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jk178206 supports Team VICIOUS
jk178206 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I love both, but if I had to choose. I'd go Geo 2. Just because they don't act up in extreme weather and don't need sprung to take care of first shot drop off. I know some people will read this and say theyve never had fsdo but ive seen it on many luxes. But I've also seen a few geos have it too! All though the luxe is way quieter and way smoother. The geo is pretty smooth and quiet in it's own respect. Maintenance is pretty simple and PE's customer service is top notch. Also the geo is 300 bucks cheaper and you could use that extra cash for paint, new trigger, or a shaft 4 boost kit. Just my 2 cents, but you can't go wrong with either.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:45 PM #12
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLeadersAccount View Post
But geo 2 will be more accurate
Accuracy comes from your paint quality and barrel bore matching.

To OP: The Luxe will shoot smoother than the Geo2. It also costs more. I have owned both and they both shoot great. I liked my luxe because it was super smooth, used freak inserts, had a great case to carry around, was easy to maintain, and had a rechargable battery. However, I was not a fan of the stock trigger (easy to replace) and how the board was set up where I had to open the grips every time I wanted to change something and I had to use a little joystick on the board to do it. Also, the talking board was cool at first, then it got annoying. The luxe was also long and made my grip seem off.

The geo was not as smooth as the luxe and uses a standard 9V battery that I have to replace, but it was easier for me. I liked having the LCD screen that allowed me to make adjustments fast, the barrel was good, the way it was held was shorter and more compact, I liked all the stock parts, came with a good case, and was eay to maintain. Another plus for me was availability of parts. I can go to any shop and they wil carry PE parts. PLus, my local shop, as are most, is a PE dealer. With the luxe, I had a hard time finding a shop that carried spare parts and could service them.

Now, I don't have either. Shoot a Vanguard Demon instead and Like it better than both since it has all of the features of both guns. But between these two, I would go with the Geo2 unless you can drop the extra cash and have a DLX dealer/tech a short distance away.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:18 PM #13
SouljaboyRI
Keep Calm and Flex On

SouljaboyRI plays in the PSP
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
SouljaboyRI plays in the APPA D4 division
SouljaboyRI owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I have a new luxe 1.5 and have shot my teammates geo2 and I say luxe tbh the smoothness is phenomenal on the luxe
SouljaboyRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 PM #14
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Owned both and I say luxe. you'll need to shoot both to decide for yourself, but as efficiency is essentially a wash, the luxe is a bit smoother and feels better in my hands then my geo2. If you don't have the $ for a luxe, then the GEO2 is still a fantastic marker and you'll enjoy either.

Again, shoot both at your local field and decide for yourself.

to answer your other question, I am sure that there will be a geo 3, but only Jack Wood knows when that will be released.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:35 AM #15
memopb

memopb supports DLX Technology
Same here! if you donīt have the money for the LUXE the GEO2 is a great gun! very smooth, You cantīs go wrong with either one !!!
memopb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:58 AM #16
TrentwAnderson

It all depends on what you 've been shooting in the past. They're both pretty sweet markers, but my personal opinion would be the geo, simply because I've gotten used to my geo.
TrentwAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:11 AM #17
Lomedicojb

Lomedicojb owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I have both markers. My Geo2 will shoot super consistent rain or shine, freezing or scorching hot out, and maintenance is easier for me on it than my Luxe. My Luxe is smoother and quieter, little more efficient, but it's kind of a princess when it comes to the weather (meaning it's picky). If you like a light weight gun, then the Geo2 is the way, but although the Luxe is heavier, it also gives you a more stable feel in your hands. Regardless, I love them both, but if you HAVE to chose one, then it depends on what you do on the field. If you play front, go Geo2, if you play back, go Luxe.

Dye DM12 - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post76113014

Back ups

<<<<<<<<<Girlfriend in avatar
Lomedicojb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 AM #18
95saturn

If you're like me and after the day is done you just throw it in your gearbag and forget about it, then get the geo. If you clean and re lube your guns every time you go out, then get the luxe. I've shot both. Only reason I pick geo is bc of reliablity. Two of my teammates have luxes(1.0) and they go down every practice and they both get the same problem.

Example, about to start a drill, friend with luxe shoots one ball when he walks on the field to just make sure it's on and everything. When he get's to the deadbox, takes another shot and *puff*....Takes a few more shots and the same thing happens. De gasses and re gasses it, puff starts to go away then go back to normal....Not something I would want to do deal with every point or in game.
95saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 AM #19
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95saturn View Post
If you're like me and after the day is done you just throw it in your gearbag and forget about it, then get the geo. If you clean and re lube your guns every time you go out, then get the luxe. I've shot both. Only reason I pick geo is bc of reliablity. Two of my teammates have luxes(1.0) and they go down every practice and they both get the same problem.

Example, about to start a drill, friend with luxe shoots one ball when he walks on the field to just make sure it's on and everything. When he get's to the deadbox, takes another shot and *puff*....Takes a few more shots and the same thing happens. De gasses and re gasses it, puff starts to go away then go back to normal....Not something I would want to do deal with every point or in game.
Means the lube they are using is too thick and/or they are over-lubing them. Either use a thinner lube or lube the gun much less and they won't get the FSDO or bolt stick.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:56 AM #20
95saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feloniousnick View Post
Means the lube they are using is too thick and/or they are over-lubing them. Either use a thinner lube or lube the gun much less and they won't get the FSDO or bolt stick.
I understand that...We used dow 33, tech t lube...about everything except oil.
95saturn is offline   Reply With Quote