PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-23-2011, 03:44 PM #1
Nicow

Battle Front Paintball

This form is for everything related to Battle Front Paintball.
Nicow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2011, 03:48 PM #2
Nicow

I just discovered "Battle Front Paintball" a couple of days ago. They are currently located right next to Golden Eagle Park off of Vista. Their phone number is (775) 287-5386. I called them to see what days they were open and they told me they are in the process of moving.

I hope they stay out in Sparks! If they make some good fields, I am going to be a full time supporter of them!

Last edited by Nicow : 08-23-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 AM #3
nvghostrider

Definitely get us as much info as you can. Always looking for paintball related businesses. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:00 AM #4
nvghostrider

Been in contact with them. Can't wait to see the fields. Check them out on Facebook. They are hoping to have the fields open by this weekend.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 PM #5
Nicow

They are open and running!
71 Web
Reno, NV
They are having tryouts for teams and all sorts of things this weekend!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 AM #6
nvghostrider

Awesome. We really need more info from them and links to their networking sources. I'd love to spread the word with an official word to spread.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM #7
Nicow

The only web site i found that they have is:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Battle...51414571599733

They just moved from Sparks to Stead.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:30 PM #8
nvghostrider

Here is the more up to date one
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002675506166
Old 09-11-2011, 11:04 PM #9
jptothetree
OVER THE LINE

jptothetree plays in the PSP
jptothetree posts videos on PbNation
jptothetree plays in the APPA D2 division
Battlefront has lots of potential and Chino the owner is a really nice dude!
DMG:Dedication Makes Greatness
jptothetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:45 AM #10
Reno Paintball Club

Arrow BFP experience

Hey guys just played there this weekend and it was great the UNR team was there and played a few games with those guys. Those guys are awesome very approachable and helpfull. I think they said they will be out there again this Sunday.

Here are some info on the BFP they're out there Sat / Sun from 8am to 4pm they do have air available (compressed and Co2) for fill at $15 all day. Outside paint are welcome but they do have paint if you need it. Rentals are available for $25 w/ a full hopper of paintballs. The $25 comes with everything you need to play from mask, vest, gloves, jacket, neck protector. That's what my friend got. Here is their number (775) 287-5386 owner is Chino. Nice guy!!!

Give this guys a try if you haven't nice and friendly atmosphere. They had some younger kids playing and really made sure everybody was safe.

james
Reno Paintball Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 PM #11
Magus249
[SLT Assassins]

Magus249 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Magus249 supports Pev's Paintball
Magus249 plays in the APPA beginner division
nice our team from south lake tahoe will check it out soon!

what is the cost of admission+air?

also any idea on paint prices/variety?

-will

×SØUTH×SHØRE×ASSASSINS×
Magus249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:00 PM #12
nvghostrider

I believe the $15 is their admission that includes all day air. Let us know how it goes when you make it out.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:25 PM #13
Nicow

On October 22, they are having a begginner tourny, gravity feed only.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002675506166

Have not desided if I am going or not.... It is a three man team and I currently only have two...
Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 PM #14
nvghostrider

Did the date change? The FB post says NOV 5th. I wanted to head up and check this out.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:51 AM #15
nvghostrider

Rather than general bashing of the field and personal bashing of the operators perhaps stating your experience with the field and improvement suggestions would be more constructive. Just a friendly suggestion.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 PM #16
stackz8
st4ckz

scared to use his real pb handle, just call him hater #1 there will be plenty more.
if there so bad why do u even worry about them? go play on your field, sounds like you think bf is a valid competitor. tourny players need a regulated airball field to practice, and i dont see any other field up here hosting tournaments since iv moved up here. instead of hating try and get together a style like pfoa. where bf, rip, and herbies have one tournament. so seems to me bf is making the right steps to get this paintball community going. go back to your woodsball and will play our airball.
stackz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:46 PM #17
DaMeanLady
Capo Dei Capi

DaMeanLady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wow!

Aloha all! First off so you all know I'm not hiding behind my computer like some other monkeys do let me introduce myself. I am Dan Timbreza. I am currently call Battle Front my local home field. If you wish for more background on my playing experiences come by and I'll share it with you. Or message me if you're uncomfortable chatting face to face. I play at Battle Front because the staff are nice, the players are friendly, and most of all the owner Chino is a PLAYER. He see's things from a players perspective. He's trying to build the local player pool by offering another venue but apparently others in our community feel that offering choices locally won't benefit the true players. I can't say anything about Complete Coverage because I don't know him personally nor do I know his experiences or lack there of. I can say that if I wanted to play elsewhere I would but I choose to play at BFP. Given time and being able to work without people trying to back-stab him Chino will do great things for Reno paintball.
On UNR Paintball. They're a bunch of stand-up guys and gal (Woo Hoo! Andrea got repped!) who are not only there to play but are constantly out helping newer players and others who seem to need a hand. You NEVER see unbalanced games or noobie bashing.
The tourney is set for newer players who wish to enjoy another facet of our sport. Some UNR players, myself, other tourney experienced players will be offered to assist with coaching for those who want it. The reffing will be fair and unbiased. Why cheat? NO ONE with tourney experience will be allowed to play and the loader catch will further level the field. Contact Chino if you're interested in running in it. Gonna be fun!

Last edited by DaMeanLady : 10-30-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Too much stuff
DaMeanLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:12 PM #18
DaMeanLady
Capo Dei Capi

DaMeanLady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wow!!!

Just checked Coverages posts! OMG! You don't know Neal do you? REALLY know him? Did you know that he went to other fields when the opened in the Reno area and offered to help them out? He visited Larry at Dawgs and Craig at HPA offering his knowledge of the sport to get them going in the right direction. I honestly don't think that what you did on both Eddie's and Battle FrontS forum is what Neal would appreciate. That's not his style. I remember playing against him during the GW and PanAm days up to just last year. We were actually trying to put something together to go play a tourney down south together. I sincerly hope he doesn't get wind of your shameful acts. You just embarrassed an icon in the Reno and westcoast paintball community. Better yet, sell your gear and quit the sport.
DaMeanLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:33 PM #19
stackz8
st4ckz

thats why he didnt use his real pbnation account lol
stackz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:44 PM #20
sparks paintball

Yes, WOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complete_Coverage View Post
Thanks for nothing Chino. You screwed up paintball in Sparks by setting up a such a crappy field that you got shut down by the city in just 2 weeks! WOW, you are total newbie. Go back to making T-shirts at Circus Circus and Starring on the Garage Wars or Storage Wars.

Now you have set up another cruddy field that even Desert Dawgs and HPA put to shame.

For what Battle Front is offering, we will just play in Dog Valley for FREE!

BTW: The UNR boys will ref this tournament event and also play in it, no way dudes talk about bias reffing. We might as well dress the newbies in ref jerseys. Save your money.

Hello everyone I am Chino Nabong. First of all I got screwed in Sparks thank you very much!! I didn't get a chance to screw anybody! I have the paper work to prove it. You need to get the real story. When you grow a pair and man up ask like a man. You got my number! And yes I am the owner of the cruddy field but were improving. We don't claim to have the best field, we don't claim anything!! We are a paintball business that just want's to grow and have a good product for paintballers. I want my field to be available for the new guys and for the experience guys. We have ways to go but people that play with us has had a good time. There's no experience players beating on a newbies on our field. New players are given a chance to experience paintball and show them how fun it is. Our experience players show them how to get better and play safe. I want people to come to my field and be comfortable and have a great time. I have nothing to say about the other fields cause I've never played there. I did meet the guy at desert dawgs a long time ago seems like a nice guy. We did just play at dog valley, I love it there. Watch out if you haven't been there lately, there was a fire and bulldoze a lot of the cover. Oh and thanks for the plug on the airbrush T-shirts. My Wife is one of the best t-shirt artist in town. We are located inside Circus Circus. X-mas is coming, nothing like a personalized present. If you have a business, club or just want an airbrush t-shirt let me know I'll give you a good deal. As for the storage thing!! Don't go to those things they are very addicting. I was just there to watch, next thing you know I got storage full of vending machines. Those things weigh a ton!!! O.k now for the UNR comment; these are best group of guys i know in paintball. You don't need to trash these guys. Wolfpack paintball team thank you for all your help with the field and helping the new guys who have played there. If there's anybody that needs help in paintball, these group of guys are very approachable. Don't take my word for it, come by and check us out. If anybody has any questions feel free to call me. 775-287-5386. We want everybody to have the best experience in paintball. Thanks for your time guys. Hope to see you out there.

Chino
Owner of the cruddy field. I'm a nice guy damn it!!! hahaha...lol
sparks paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 PM #21
Allan926

It's a start

I've been going to Battle Front since it first opened in Sparks. It was my first time playing and ever since I've tried to play every week or every other week.
It's been a great experience after another.
Like in any buisness the first year is always tough. You will always have the competition bad mouthing you or trying to get you shut down.
The employees and volenteers there are very profesional, unlike other places where I've experienced/seen and heard horror stories.
Chino is an outstanding guy, very motivated to growing the sport.
The UNR players and Dan are always there to help, I got a lot of great lessons from them.
I don't claim to be an expert at paintball, like I said I just started.
On the buisness side of it, it just started, it's not perfect (but what is?). there's a lot of room to grow.
Two permanent fields, tire and spools, with a lot of space to grow.
Price I THINK (so don't quote me on it): $25 for all day, includes marker, hopper full of paint, air/co2, vest, gloves, mask . If you have your own equipment its $15 all day with air/co2. You can bring your own paint or buy it there for $30-40 (not sure). I dont think it get's cheaper than that in Reno/Sparks.
Try it out. Hope to see you there.
Allan926 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups