PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-22-2011, 10:47 AM #1
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

TV Choice Time

Lolol, for those that remember my thread on my laptop choice, well I think I've made my decision. I'm not going with a MBP because after comparing the specs between a 17" MBP and 17" PC, I could have an extra $1,600 to spend on my car, or a new TV that I want My choices are either the HP Pavilion - 17.3" - i7 - 6GB memory - 750GB HD - BluRay - much more for $1,000, or the Toshiba Satellite - 17.3" - i7 - 6GB memory - 750GB HD for $830. I'm going to a couple stores tonight to look at them both/order which one I choose.

Both of these will be plenty of computer, plenty big (I took what you guys said about not needing to carry it to class and back as often as you'd think and decided to just sacrifice $100 or so and get the bigger laptop) and leave me with a lot of spending money afterward.

Now, with this money, I'm going to put some away for my car, some away for booze and some is going toward a new TV. I'm think a 26" will be perfect for a dorm room, but might want to bump it up to 32". I will be using it for TV and xBox and, when I go home for breaks/summer I will have a new TV for my room (which is what I really want).

Thoughts on a good TV between 26"-32"? Let's keep this one sort of civil. As much as it looked like I wasn't taking your suggestions, I was. I wasn't very serious about getting an Alienware...
MrSmartyParts5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2011, 11:14 PM #2
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
to the op

walmart vizio for the money are not bad tv. the best looking lcd/led tv are samsong tv. read the reviews on xbox and other consol gaming web sites on tv that dont have a lot of lag or settings that remove it out. if you can wait a week or two you might see some good sales due to the nfl kick off. (last year models going bye bye and newer units)
Old 08-23-2011, 08:01 AM #3
Firestorm540
Injured :(

Firestorm540 donated to help Peyton Trent
Firestorm540 helped look for balloons
Firestorm540 is an NCPA player
Firestorm540 plays in the APPA D5 division
I bought a 42" Vizio when I moved and have been very impressed with it thus far. Just my two cents, though. Always check out the TVs in person to see the one you think looks best, as it is pretty subjective sometimes.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 AM #4
Angry_Birds
Money over *****es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm540 View Post
I bought a 42" Vizio when I moved and have been very impressed with it thus far. Just my two cents, though. Always check out the TVs in person to see the one you think looks best, as it is pretty subjective sometimes.
This. I was looking at a Dynex online for a great price and it had really good reviews, but when I saw it in the store it was very grainy compared to everything else. Also, buying it in store makes everything easier if it's DOA or you want to return it.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 PM #5
revo900
Big Guys Play Snake Too!

revo900 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
revo900 supports Team VICIOUS
revo900 is an NCPA player
Go with a HP pavillion dv6t quad edition I custom built mine... I may look into having the graphics car upgraded by the company but that's all. The thing runs like a freaken beast. I'm actually looking for a tv too! I'll connect it to my laptop and watch netflix movies on it when I have huge gaps in between classes.

Vizio's are the college student's go to tv... that's all I see in every dorm room!

Guns on Guns on Guns
revo900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:15 AM #6
AlienBoy

Ive got a Samsung 50'' Plasma HDTV.
Awesome display, I only play xbox 360 on her.
Watch movies. Alot of cool features!
Can change your tv mode, to game mode. Movie Mode. etc!!!
Also can be setup for suround sound. But i live in a tripple decker appartments i cant be thumping on the 3rd floor.

Shop on Blackfridays, day after thanksgiving.
Stores like bestbuy, walmart all have major sales for the Christmas shoppers. hint "black friday" Day after Thanksgiving
I went and scored my Samsung for 700.00 w/ 1yr warranty. Regular prices was 1,799.99
After that you've got to renew your warranty and it cost $$
I don't think ill get the extra coverage, thing is nice. But i dont really want to dump anymore cash into her. More important things!
AlienBoy is offline   Reply With Quote