Got my parts from Andy on Friday of last week (drop forward & snatchgrip). Install of both parts took about 30 minutes. The instruction sheet included with the drop forward was very thorough and explained every step of the install in great detail. The kit also had spare o-rings of various sizes to solve any leaks that might occur with the new part, as well as 4 short set screws and 2 ball bearings (more on this later).
Here's how easy it was to install:
1. Basic breakdown of marker - remove grip cover, foregrip, grip, air tube connected to the ASA
2. Remove ASA, set aside OEM set screws for use later; remove dovetail
3. Install drop forward onto the grip (you might have to wiggle/press hard to get the drop forward's rails to insert completely into the grip)
4. Drop the 2 ball bearings into the dovetail mounting holes on the grip, and secure using 2 of the short set screws
5. Re-install air tube, making sure the small o-ring is seated around its tip before securing to the drop forward
6. Back out the internal set screws on the dovetail so they are visible about halfway into the set screw holes
7. Use one of the o-rings supplied in the kit, and carefully line up the dovetail and ASA and secure using original set screws
: if the set screws securing the ASA to the drop forward do not seem to go in all the way (e.g., they bind after a few turns), back the set screws out every 2 or 3 turns as you tighten them to cut the threads/anno. The set screws should be able to turn all the way flush to the drop forward.
Fit and finish - very nicely designed, does not look or feel cheap, nor does it take away from the Mini's style as an aftermarket part as some hardware add-ons do. Finding 2 ball bearings in the kit was a little odd to me at first. Although that was a bit strange to me , they are an intelligent means of applying securing pressure without digging grooves into the drop forward from just screws alone. NICE TOUCH!
Usage - Played about 5 hours yesterday, running recball/scenario/urban style fields. Did not get a chance to play speedball (teams were practicing that day), so I can't say how much of a difference it would have made there. The drop forward made finding tighter positions behind bunkers much easier. I didn't feel as disconnected from my marker in snap shot situations either like I normally do, as I was able to pop up/around corners and such while presenting smaller target areas to my opponents.
Overall - a lot of positive compliments from some of the regulars where I play, plus it added a cool factor to rental kids who now are drooling/dreaming of owning a Mini (quite possibly the drop forward was the clincher). Extremely comfortable shooting positions from any angle. Feels like you are more "one" with your marker than with the stock setup. Quality and design of the drop forward is top-notch. I will
be buying more for my other Minis.
out of 5