PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-10-2010, 08:31 PM #1
RIP2010

NV REIGN - Official Team Thread

Nevada State Paintballers,

NV REIGN is a NPPL Division 3 - 5man team based out of Reno.

The team is open for all Nevada resident players and combine style tryouts are held annually between November and February. In order to be eligible to be rostered on the team during any season, a player must have participated in the Pb Combine held at RIP-Reno Indoor Paintball; no mid-season walk-ons are allowed.

*Note* Consideration is being made to players in Southern Nevada for the 2011 season, please stay tuned for details on how you can tryout.

NV REIGN opened its 2010 season with a 1st Place Victory at the NPPL's Surf City Open in Huntington Beach, California. Preliminary record was 6-2 and in the tournament Semi-finals defeated SCP Edge 2-0. In Sunday's Final round NV REIGN ultimately beat Southern California's own "Team Good For Nothing", in 3 games. Game 1 - a timed out draw, Game 2 - NV REIGN Win, Game 3 - a timed out draw. NV REIGN wanted to win game 3 outright, but smartly realized that GFN had to push the action and failed to come out of their defensive positions prior to time running out.

Congratulations to the team; Captain Ryan Johnston, Mid-field Captain Patrick Smith, Front-players Captain Cody Wilson, Front-player Kyle Wirgler, Back-player Micah Grover, Back-player Clay Keith, and Front-player Jimmy Walker.

NV REIGN is now training hard to bring the action to the NPPL's Chicago Open on May 29th. Good Luck and bring home the win to Nevada!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000083474579
RIP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2010, 08:40 PM #2
775-baller

sweet we have our own thread now
775-baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:02 PM #3
Team Enemy

Team Enemy supports Cereal Killerz 2
Team Enemy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Good Luck Reign......

"Lil Ed" Krzak #69
Team Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 PM #4
Youre The BeEzy V.2
Sin City Enemy- 99

Lol good luck... we have a team thread to ... good idea i had huh? lol! good luck!!! when you come down lets scrim!
Youre The BeEzy V.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 PM #5
yellowman

has been a member for 10 years
What league and division does your team currently play?
yellowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:58 AM #6
joeyb![lvpp]
Awaiting Email Confirmation

joeyb![lvpp] helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowman View Post
What league and division does your team currently play?
it says in the first sentence. Nppl d3 5man
joeyb![lvpp] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 PM #7
Jag8

Hey guys. I moved up here from vegas a few years back for college.

Long story short I said i wouldnt play pb again untill i move to norcal or until reno got a decent field with some talent. well it seem that both of the latter have happened so i have decided to get back into the sport and see where it takes me this time.

When are some good times to catch you guys at the field for rec play?

you guys sunday drivers??????
Jag8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:53 AM #8
yellowman

We are practicing wed night at 7:30 pm and this weekend in Carson city on sat and sun

marq victory, marq 6, hybrid mummy, 06 infamous, orry pump, orry race, , cocker pump
Old 05-12-2010, 04:26 PM #9
ironpanther

YEAH! Team thread.

Now we are L-E-G-I-T!

LOL. Anyways the most up to date information in regards to team activities can be found through our Facebook page as well as by searching youtube for NV Reign.

Best times to meet the team are at the open practices monday and wednesday at Reno Indoor Paintball.

Come grind with us. Those who do are definitely more prepared for the combine come off season.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:42 PM #10
Malleus Dei

Good luck in Chicago guys, I look forward to seeing the games live on the NPPL webcast.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:31 PM #11
yellowman

Day 1 Preliminary is over and Reno's own NV REIGN earned a record of 3 wins and 1 loss. Day 2 preliminary rounds will surely be more difficult than today, but know this - Reno knows how to keep it DIRTY! We know that in order for our supporters to watch us on Monday, we have to earn it.

marq victory, marq 6, hybrid mummy, 06 infamous, orry pump, orry race, , cocker pump
Old 05-30-2010, 05:04 PM #12
yellowman

Day 2 leaves us 3 wins 0 loss and 1 draw. 6-1-1 going into finals and playing for first and second on Monday.

Did our 5 man run through on Team Method. We need to tell the refs so they can keep up with us and not make bad calls from behind us. We got a one for one on a player that the ref thought was hit from behind but the player was clean and he would not reverse the call. Hey he made a call and stood by it, I cant fault that!

Last edited by yellowman : 05-30-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:44 AM #13
ironpanther

New web blog wrapping up all our prelim games. Search youtube for NV Reign.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM #14
deadboxking

hummm, out of only 3 teams you guys took 2nd????, should really practice more outdoors and in all types of weather NOT just mostly indoors where the temp is controlled,,,,,,,,good try though, keep up the good old work,,,heaven forbid if you would practice at herbies once in awhile or go over the hill more,
deadboxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 AM #15
Malleus Dei

Now we are certain that the comment made by the "dead box king" are written by a person who has no skill or will to compete at a higher level than just recreational.

NV REIGN worked a 6 win 1 loss 1 draw record (the draw was the run through). A run through that caught the attention and respect of every player in the pits; including the pro's pitting with us. Losing is a part of the game and a part we don't often experience.

In finals, NV REIGN, Won in 2 min flat over a team that it had now beaten 5 times. Game 2 went to a draw with a double 1 for 1 on both squads resulting in no one left to hang the flag. Game 3 was a loss (oh well) and the match would be decided in a 1 on 1 final game. The 1 v 1 went down to a simultaneous shoot that unfortunately was decided in their favor. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and if it takes a team 6 attempts to earn a win, then so be it, we will just make sure next time that they do not get that many shots at us.

If you think RIP is temp controlled then you are definitely not aware of the conditions there. Any player in Northern Nevada worth their weight in ability is already training with us and the deadboxking is definitely not one of them!

NV REIGN took the referees calls and losses in stride and remains the #1 points leader in the 2010 NPPL Series Points Race.

One final thought; stop hiding behind the name and get on the field because if you have anything to offer this squad in advice, training, and or experience, then put up or stop boring us with your petty posts.

NV REIGN

Last edited by Malleus Dei : 06-01-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:36 PM #16
shoot_thomas
I work for a living.

shoot_thomas supports our troops
Glad to hear you are doing well.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson
Xbox live gamertag: shoot thomas
Jersey sale: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post65343302
shoot_thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:21 PM #17
Malleus Dei

Thank you for the support and after we shake off a disappointing end to an otherwise great tournament we will start preparing for the D.C. Open where we will not allow a one hit wonder to take our title.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:17 PM #18
shoot_thomas
I work for a living.

shoot_thomas supports our troops
Just stay hungry. The predator never loses: if it does, it dies. Be the predator and play every game as if it were your last.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson
Xbox live gamertag: shoot thomas
Jersey sale: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post65343302
shoot_thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:59 PM #19
Malleus Dei

Great focus, love it!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:25 AM #20
crashoveride

crashoveride supports Cereal Killerz 2
crashoveride plays in the APPA beginner division
Malleus, think it is time to really not take Dead box king too seriously anymore. Taken straight from Urban Dictionary the poster is a classic case of a negative nancy. All the posts the poster makes complains about Karnage, Location, fees, etc. Little does this person know Walley World will never build us a paintball field so why even support these places that sell other paint even going to local events.

Ok sorry I hijacked the thread a second but needed to get that out there for other readers, was a quick thread drive by there.

Good luck in DC team and I think you guys are doing damn good representing Nor Nev at the NPPL
crashoveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM #21
yellowman

The house teams new training schedule is Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7 pm and Sunday mornings. Sundays won't start till June 27 but the Tuesday Thursday training starts now.

See you there

ReplyRegional Ups