Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 PM #43
Nic#27
hvhrt
 
Nic#27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest
Nic#27 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Nic#27 supports DLX Technology
So how is two young gun's team's going to work? One game
__________________
Momentum
ECA & VSB

cool luxe
cool gear
Nic#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 PM #44
super_stanchy
the man with no plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oregon City, Or
Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic#27 View Post
So how is two young gun's team's going to work? One game
they did 9 games last time at tri-cities with only 2 pump teams
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 PM #45
Nic#27
hvhrt
 
Nic#27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest
Nic#27 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Nic#27 supports DLX Technology
So it was best out of nine?
__________________
Momentum
ECA & VSB

cool luxe
cool gear
Nic#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM #46
super_stanchy
the man with no plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oregon City, Or
Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic#27 View Post
So it was best out of nine?
haha no,it was just 9 games... ptown won 8 of em....

do you guys have any extra guys? we might be able to combine and make a 3rd team
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:47 PM #47
NateDaGreat
You can call me: The Boss
 
NateDaGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
NateDaGreat posts videos on PbNation
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
We got 2 guys
NateDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:48 PM #48
Nic#27
hvhrt
 
Nic#27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest
Nic#27 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Nic#27 supports DLX Technology
We have one guy, Our second other guy wont be in town
__________________
Momentum
ECA & VSB

cool luxe
cool gear
Nic#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:48 PM #49
super_stanchy
the man with no plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oregon City, Or
Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDaGreat View Post
We got 2 guys
2 extra?
so 5 APC young guns?

i think i have 4 SSC young guns.... time to make a couple phone calls
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 PM #50
NateDaGreat
You can call me: The Boss
 
NateDaGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
NateDaGreat posts videos on PbNation
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Pmed
NateDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:10 PM #51
-N8-
-DBS KillMode-
 
-N8-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Community Giving for Event #5.

Hi All,

I just wanted to share a small amount of information about the Community Giving for this event.

This last Saturday, my cousin passed due to severe Pneumonia and a bacterial infection in his lungs at only 23 YEARS OLD…

Elijah had finally gotten past the hard times him and his family were facing, found a good job, about 6 months prior received his BEAUTIFUL newborn daughter into this world, and was doing extremely well overall.

Elijah woke up one morning, with flu like symptoms, vomiting, coughing etc. He debated staying home, and giving his body time to fight off the bug, but decided it was more important for him to go to work, and do what he had to do for his family... He did this for three days...

On that third day, he arrived home from work, was in his kitchen, and collapsed where he stood. He was immediately rushed to the hospital, and was in a coma, having a severe case of pneumonia, and a bacterial infection (Super Bug). He passed multiple times in the first week of attempted recovery, with the doctors reviving him, and sustaining him on life support. There was one instance of hope, when he cracked his eyes open and squeezed my dad’s finger. After that, he slowly gave in to the illness, he had no brain activity, and the only thing that was keeping his body alive was the life support. The decision to take him off life support was made this last Saturday night.

The benefits that his new employer offered had not taken effect yet, he had no sick time, and little time invested. He was worried about losing his job if he took time off to get better. He knew that the family was tight as it was on bills, and didn’t want to sacrifice the comfort of his family, for himself to be comfortable.

Because of the decision to support his family, rather then spend a couple hundred dollars to go to a doctor’s office, he is gone. A decision that simple… A decision that I would be willing to bet most of us have had to make more times than we would like to admit…

He is leaving behind his girlfriend, and a beautiful little girl. All of the donations will be used to ease the financial pressure the family is feeling while providing a funeral, any healthcare bills that arive, while mourning the loss of a father, son, cousin, brother, and boyfriend.

Elijah was a lot like most of us. He had a passion for music, cared about his friends and family, would give you the last dollar in his pocket if he was starving and had nothing to eat, would stand up for what he believed, was full of pride and wasn’t scared to tell it how it is. He was a good man, and a good father. He died trying to make his family comfortable. He didn’t want to make them sacrifice, so that he would be comfortable.

Most of us would make the same decision had we not known, and had the same options…

The most important thing I want everyone to take away from this is how easy and how quickly everything can happen. Do not take things for granted, because they will be gone before you appreciate them if you do. Anyone with kids knows how fast time goes, don’t waste it, or risk the little time we have.

Those that can donate, please do so, at the tournament this weekend. Every penny raised will help his young family. Please help spread the word about what happened, that there are daily illnesses, that if not treated properly will take your life, and to not take them lightly, while also bringing whatever financial relief we can to the daughter and girlfriend he is leaving behind.

Those that cannot, I beg of you, please do not take the words above lightly. At the very least, everyone show up to the tournament ready to play some fun hardcore paintball, who knows, maybe he has a good seat to watch us from…

Thank you ahead of time to everyone that shows support.

If you would like to show support directly to the family or would like more info, see the links below.

Memorial Facebook Page - Contains information about the memorial fund.

King 5 News Coverage of Elijah's Passing, a video of him with his little girl, and His fathers emotions and comments.
-N8- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:42 AM #52
xxxSPIKExxx
NW Expendable
 
xxxSPIKExxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lebanon, Ore.
Annual Supporting Member
xxxSPIKExxx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
xxxSPIKExxx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
xxxSPIKExxx supports Sherwood Forest
xxxSPIKExxx supports our troops
xxxSPIKExxx supports Pev's Paintball
xxxSPIKExxx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
2 extra?
so 5 APC young guns?

i think i have 4 SSC young guns.... time to make a couple phone calls
hey guys I can play pump at this one as well so someone pick me up.
__________________
2014 WCPS 1st Annual Woodsball Tournament Champions!
**NewBreed Nation**
Paintballers Tattoo's www.facebook.com/PaintballersTattoos
WCPS www.weatcoastpbseries.com - Warpaint INT www.facebook.com/warpaint.int
ArtPlus Signs www.facebook.com/artplus.signs - OMEN 5150 Tattoo www.facebook.com/omen.garcia
xxxSPIKExxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:06 AM #53
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird
 
Reaper (ACI)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Beaverton, OR
Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by -N8- View Post
Hi All,

I just wanted to share a small amount of information about the Community Giving for this event.

This last Saturday, my cousin passed due to severe Pneumonia and a bacterial infection in his lungs at only 23 YEARS OLD…

Elijah had finally gotten past the hard times him and his family were facing, found a good job, about 6 months prior received his BEAUTIFUL newborn daughter into this world, and was doing extremely well overall.

Elijah woke up one morning, with flu like symptoms, vomiting, coughing etc. He debated staying home, and giving his body time to fight off the bug, but decided it was more important for him to go to work, and do what he had to do for his family... He did this for three days...

On that third day, he arrived home from work, was in his kitchen, and collapsed where he stood. He was immediately rushed to the hospital, and was in a coma, having a severe case of pneumonia, and a bacterial infection (Super Bug). He passed multiple times in the first week of attempted recovery, with the doctors reviving him, and sustaining him on life support. There was one instance of hope, when he cracked his eyes open and squeezed my dad’s finger. After that, he slowly gave in to the illness, he had no brain activity, and the only thing that was keeping his body alive was the life support. The decision to take him off life support was made this last Saturday night.

The benefits that his new employer offered had not taken effect yet, he had no sick time, and little time invested. He was worried about losing his job if he took time off to get better. He knew that the family was tight as it was on bills, and didn’t want to sacrifice the comfort of his family, for himself to be comfortable.

Because of the decision to support his family, rather then spend a couple hundred dollars to go to a doctor’s office, he is gone. A decision that simple… A decision that I would be willing to bet most of us have had to make more times than we would like to admit…

He is leaving behind his girlfriend, and a beautiful little girl. All of the donations will be used to ease the financial pressure the family is feeling while providing a funeral, any healthcare bills that arive, while mourning the loss of a father, son, cousin, brother, and boyfriend.

Elijah was a lot like most of us. He had a passion for music, cared about his friends and family, would give you the last dollar in his pocket if he was starving and had nothing to eat, would stand up for what he believed, was full of pride and wasn’t scared to tell it how it is. He was a good man, and a good father. He died trying to make his family comfortable. He didn’t want to make them sacrifice, so that he would be comfortable.

Most of us would make the same decision had we not known, and had the same options…

The most important thing I want everyone to take away from this is how easy and how quickly everything can happen. Do not take things for granted, because they will be gone before you appreciate them if you do. Anyone with kids knows how fast time goes, don’t waste it, or risk the little time we have.

Those that can donate, please do so, at the tournament this weekend. Every penny raised will help his young family. Please help spread the word about what happened, that there are daily illnesses, that if not treated properly will take your life, and to not take them lightly, while also bringing whatever financial relief we can to the daughter and girlfriend he is leaving behind.

Those that cannot, I beg of you, please do not take the words above lightly. At the very least, everyone show up to the tournament ready to play some fun hardcore paintball, who knows, maybe he has a good seat to watch us from…

Thank you ahead of time to everyone that shows support.

If you would like to show support directly to the family or would like more info, see the links below.

Memorial Facebook Page - Contains information about the memorial fund.

King 5 News Coverage of Elijah's Passing, a video of him with his little girl, and His fathers emotions and comments.
Sorry to hear this man...this is terrible and should never happen.
__________________
VANGUARD CERTIFIED MASTER TECH
Dead Box Sports
West Coast Parts, Service, Warranty, and Distribution
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:18 AM #54
-N8-
-DBS KillMode-
 
-N8-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper (ACI) View Post
Sorry to hear this man...this is terrible and should never happen.
Yeah, Watching my Uncle bury his son is just a$$ backwards, ya know what I mean... Its life, crap happens, I just want to help where I can, and this seems like a perfect opportunity to give back to one of our own...

I appreciate the support for the family. I am not concerned with myself, it is a loss, but I am not experiencing greif that even compares to his father, the little girl he is leaving behind, and her mom that will now be forced to be a single parent. Things were tough with both of them around, now it is only going to be her...

Anyhow, lets not get too stuck on the downers... Whoever can help please do, the money is going directly to the family to help with expenses. And I am grateful to Kayla and Skyler for allowing me to share the story...

Lets all go out, put on a good tournament, and have fun, Its what he would have wanted...

LETS PLAY SOME PAINTBALL!!

PS. Is anyone going to be down, that knows how to operate a DSLR Camera, and is not playing in the tournament? I will have a camera with me, but I am not sure how many photos I will be able to take, as we are coming down with a minimum roster this event... If you dont have experience with the camera, I can make it a point and shoot, and Edit as needed... I will want a focus on the Beginner Division, if there will not be any photographers capturing the whole event.. Our division is ignored too often, and besides, thats where I will be playing... Rofl. Let me know...
-N8- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:52 AM #55
Deathdealerxl
 
 
Deathdealerxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Nor Cal
 has been a member for 10 years
Deathdealerxl plays in the PSP
Deathdealerxl donated to help Peyton Trent
Deathdealerxl plays in the APPA D4 division
If I'm not reffing I will be take pics with my dslr. Skyler hasn't gotten back to me yet but I will let you know. I may take photos while reffing lol. Just don't shoot my dam camera
__________________
DMG GREY
PBK
LuxeMob
Oregon Paintball
Valken
Where It All Started!! Pg 68
Deathdealerxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:41 PM #56
-N8-
-DBS KillMode-
 
-N8-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealerxl View Post
If I'm not reffing I will be take pics with my dslr. Skyler hasn't gotten back to me yet but I will let you know. I may take photos while reffing lol. Just don't shoot my dam camera
LOL Well I cant make any statements for the others, but as long as you are on the sidelines, you are probably safe... rofl.

I bought the no questions asked warranty with my camera, for this very reason...
-N8- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:20 PM #57
TEAM_MOMMY
 
 
TEAM_MOMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealerxl View Post
If I'm not reffing I will be take pics with my dslr. Skyler hasn't gotten back to me yet but I will let you know. I may take photos while reffing lol. Just don't shoot my dam camera
I purchased a filter to screw on my lens just in case some one got to many balls in the air or I ended up in the end of some ones stream. Think I paid 15 bucks and it's a UV filter.
I will be on the 3 man field taking video and still pics so see you on the side lines.
TEAM_MOMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 PM #58
NateDaGreat
You can call me: The Boss
 
NateDaGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
NateDaGreat posts videos on PbNation
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Sometimes filters are worse because they scratch the lens if they break. Normally the lenses are strong enough.
NateDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 PM #59
PDX-Jackal
Paint is delicious
 
PDX-Jackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland. OR
PDX-Jackal is playing at Living Legends III
PDX-Jackal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDaGreat View Post
Sometimes filters are worse because they scratch the lens if they break. Normally the lenses are strong enough.
Better to have a scratched working lenses then a broken one.
PDX-Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 PM #60
NateDaGreat
You can call me: The Boss
 
NateDaGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
NateDaGreat posts videos on PbNation
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
That is true
NateDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 PM #61
WestcoastPBseries
 
 
WestcoastPBseries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Annual Supporting Member
WestcoastPBseries donated to help Peyton Trent
Team list updated with the addition of a few more teams!
__________________
Want to receive Special Team Pricing on GI Sportz gear plus other bonuses? Join the Imperial Program, now offered to WCPS teams! Email us for more details.
Click here to visit the official forum of the WCPS on PbNation
'Like' us on Facebook to stay connected!
Visit our website for news and up-to-date information:www.playwcps.com
Questions? Feel free to send us an email:westcoastpaintballseries@yahoo.com.com
WestcoastPBseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:08 AM #62
-N8-
-DBS KillMode-
 
-N8-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM_MOMMY View Post
I purchased a filter to screw on my lens just in case some one got to many balls in the air or I ended up in the end of some ones stream. Think I paid 15 bucks and it's a UV filter.
I will be on the 3 man field taking video and still pics so see you on the side lines.
Awesome Please share when the tourney is done, I can exchange emails or whatever works. Facebook is good for that too. I love seeing the pics after events. Ton of fun... If we get some shots I will share them on facebook as always...
-N8- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:54 AM #63
mama bear
 
 
mama bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eugene
mama bear is an Ultimate field/store owner
mama bear donated to help Peyton Trent
Sights to see in Harrisburg

Ok everyone, we are two short days away from #5! It is shaping up to be the best yet! I just wanted to let you know about some places in Harrisburg that you could use.
First is a great cup of coffee and breakfast burritos too!
TJs TO GO- they are in the parking lot south east of Harrisburg's only traffic light. TJ is helping put together live bands for a Mud Drag event on our property in September. So stop and say hi.
There are 3 convenience stores in town. First one is next to TJs, American market is a block south and Dari Mart will be two blocks south of that. Right across from Dari Mart is a KeyBank and a ATM.
Smith street runs east between the two convenience stores. Drive to the railroad tracks and find a great skate board park. Rivals anything in Eugene. Harrisburg had the help of professional skate boarders to design it!

See you soon!
__________________
AUDREY WHIDDON
SEATTLE THUNDER

G.I. Sportz, DLX Technologies,
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation, Luxe, Pbrack

Owner Diamondhill Paintball
Harrisburg Oregon
mama bear is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump