Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2011, 03:19 AM #1
mxfreakxx

covering head

why do i always see people put their hand on the side of their face when they run to cover? Sorry if this is in the wrong area or its been asked before i just couldnt find it. Thanks
mxfreakxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2011, 12:21 PM #2
KIDDIEMIX

KIDDIEMIX plays in the PSP
KIDDIEMIX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KIDDIEMIX posts videos on PbNation
People put their hand there because your hand is a softer object than your goggles. If a paintball were to hit your goggles there is a higher chance of it breaking because of all the plastic. If a paintball were to hit your hand instead there is a higher chance it will bounce and you can keep playing.

In my experience it is a bad idea to put your hand in front of your face when running because it blocks out your view of what's happening on the field. A good player will see the field as they run, notice where everyone is going, where the incoming paint is being shot and adjust accordingly. Running to your bunker with your hand covering your face means that you can't see that player that just jumped into the snake or is coming to bunker you
KIDDIEMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 AM #3
mxfreakxx

Oh i see why they would do that. It makes sense i guess... Thanks for the answer!
mxfreakxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:37 PM #4
BURN177
DIRTY SOUTH BALLER

BURN177 supports Team VICIOUS
BURN177 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BURN177 supports DLX Technology
BURN177 supports Empire
Same reason he saod and some people do that so if it breaks when they dive it all gets rubbed off
Old 09-09-2011, 11:47 PM #5
BigDaddyYates3

you used to see people do it a lot more back in the day but now most would agree its a bad idea. I still see people do it sometimes because of bad habits.