PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 PM #1
Saved
=--------newb-------->

Bought a T9 Ranger. Few questions.

1) How difficult is it to insert the HPA stem adapter into the clip / convert a regular mag? Do I need anything else apart from the stem?
2) How difficult is it to swap between an HPA mag and a CO2 12gm mag?
3) What type of paint are you using in your T9's (apart from FS for x.1's)?
Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 AM #2
GMAN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saved View Post
1) How difficult is it to insert the HPA stem adapter into the clip / convert a regular mag? Not difficult at all just make sure you are careful not to overtighten. And do NOT use tape or anything to secure it.Do I need anything else apart from the stem? No you do not. Once you have swapped stems, you are good to go to use the tank-in-stock
2) How difficult is it to swap between an HPA mag and a CO2 12gm mag? What do you mean by a HPA MAG??? Not sure about this one.
3) What type of paint are you using in your T9's (apart from FS for x.1's)? In the summer time I use EVIL and in the winter I use All Star (which can be used year round). Evil is tournament grade paint and while it breaks on impact almost every time, if you don't take care of it in the cold season, it can get brittle and break easily. I love it because it shoots very straight and breaks no matter where you hit the person. All Star is great also.
Hope this helps.
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 PM #3
Saved
=--------newb-------->

I have a T9 not a T9.1, so there's no tank-in-stock. There are 2 magazines / clips / mags for the Ranger: one which is strictly for 12gm Co2 while the other has a stem / remote adapter for HPA. The one I bought doesn't come with the remote adapter for HPA. E-bay sells them for around $15 and I'm curious as to what all needs to be done in order to convert a conventional mag into the "HPA mag."

How brittle is EVIL paint? Is it something that I can shoot out of a T9 and say, an A-5?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 PM #4
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Take one regular mag. Screw the 12 gram tightener IN until it goes completely inside and falls out. Take remote adapter, thread into same hole from the bottom of the magazine until it's snug. Take a wrench and lightly tighten it down. If it leaks when you add a remote (with the magazine out of the gun, the built in valve will still function), snug down a bit more, but don't over do it. Place mag into gun, attach remote to mag, shoot people.

Really that's all there is to it. To switch from remote to 12 grams you can take out the magazine with the adapter, and put in a magazine with a 12 gram. You might need to adjust your velocity settings a touch when switching air sources.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:10 PM #5
Saved
=--------newb-------->

Awesome help. I was worried I'd have to change a valve.

I didn't know I could reload the mag w/ the remote hooked up. Nice to know.