Trollin' the trolls.

Annual Supporting Member
The_Fresh plays in the PSP
The_Fresh plays in the APPA D4 division
The_Fresh has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Fresh supports DLX Technology
The_Fresh supports Empire
USPS stole my stuff

Hey guys. Got an issue here. Forgive me but I feel like I need to be detailed so no one asks for a step I missed.I need honest real advise, primarily from people who have experienced this.

I bought a geo bundle here on the site from someone. He has 0 trader rating but is a fantastic seller / communication as well. The bundle was a geo, 68/45 tank, sly profits, proto gloves, proto pants, velocity jr. I sent the payment we had no problem. He was awesome enough to send the stuff the next day via usps. I had suggested it because Ive never had a problem, and its cheap and fast. He sent two boxes. Pants, hopper, gloves, and a free bag of draxxus paintballs he had laying around in box 1. The other had the gun, mask, tank. He provided both tracking #'s, both left for shipment. He sent both pics of the boxes with shipping labels and tracking numbers. I couldn't ask for a better scenario honestly. I checked both #'s, worked and shown both left washington state where he sent them from.

About 3-5 days later I get box one.. the boring stuff, pants hopper gloves paintballs. Expected date for the good stuff in box 2 was july 28th. July 28th rolls around. Nothing. I wait a week. Nothing. I ask whats going on, he doesn't know, obviously since it left washington. I asked usps they kept saying wait 14 business days. It's been a month. Him and I communicate via txt on cell phone, hes been extremely helpful. We have both filed claims with usps. 3 days ago, usps sent him a package, inside was the chopped up sections of the box saying my address and his address. inside the note said "package located, contents empty". Him and I are furious.

HERE'S THE CATCH ladies and gentlemen.

So. You think he insured it and it's all good? Nope. Anytime I've sent stuff over 100 dollars in value, I insure it. He didn't. This whole situation sucks, he's a good guy. It's not his fault usps stole the stuff. He tried blaming me saying I didn't mention to insure it and it's the buyers responsibility. I said it's the sellers, and he never asked me... obviously because well, who doesn't insure something like this?

So I don't want anyone to get screwed here.. but what do I do?
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2011, 01:22 PM #2
TheGraveDigger
My Darkest Fear

TheGraveDigger is playing at Living Legends VI
I find that very odd that USPS would ever do something like that.

The tank that was shipped with it, was it empty? It is considered illegal to ship tanks through USPS but I have talked to UPS associates and they say you can white lie by telling them it is something else and not a tank. If they do have air in it they do have the advantage of blowing up which I'm not sure can help you solve this situation you are in.
TheGraveDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:27 AM #3
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
how did you pay?
if paypal file claim immediately
you did not receive all the items you paid for (regardless of who is supposed to buy insurance).
Very odd that the package would disappear for so long and nothing but scraps would be found. If there was a problem with the tank I think the note would have said "tank seized" but I doubt they would remove everything from the box.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:07 AM #4
The_Fresh
Trollin' the trolls.

Annual Supporting Member
The_Fresh plays in the PSP
The_Fresh plays in the APPA D4 division
The_Fresh has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Fresh supports DLX Technology
The_Fresh supports Empire
Tanks aren't illegal as long as they were discharged I believe. It was out of hydro and empty when he shipped. Ya I sent money thru paypal, good idea, ill do that. I've heard of so many horror stories with usps. I refused to believe it would happen to me, and well, it did.