Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2011, 02:27 PM #1
Klutch88

Klutch88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Klutch88 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Klutch88 supports Team VICIOUS
Klutch88 plays in the APPA D4 division
USA vs TALIBAN scenario game OCT 8th DURHAM NC!!!!!!!!!

On 09/11/2001 One of the largest sneak attacks on American soil started an 11 year war between the united states, and the government formally known as the Taliban.

Spearheading this fight was the special forces for the U.S. A small group unit, technically and tactically proficient. Their cause was that of revenge. Their purpose was clear, to destroy the Taliban, and kill Osama Bin Laden.

For years Osama has been fighting the foreign invaders. For years they have been sticking their hands in places it didn't belong. The Americans do not belong in Muslim affairs.

Xtreme Kombat will be hosting a scenario game on October 8th 2011. The scenario will be engaging on missions that lead from 9-11-01 to the assassination of Osama Bin Laden.

Where: Xtreme Kombat - Durham, NC
When: October 8th, 2011
Time: 0700-1800
Price: pre-registration online with be $20. Day of event $30.
Paint: FIELD PAINT ONLY. (Basic, mid, and pro paint)

If you need directions or want the website to pre register, PM me, and I will have no problem getting them to you.

Thanks!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!

"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family.
It's about being a Hostile Kid."
Klutch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2011, 03:45 PM #2
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Am I the only one here who sees this as possibly offensive? First making light of a war that is still going on and where soldiers are still dying? This could go either way, so it could go as a way of honoring our heros. Sure there are other events that are recreated in paintball (D-Day anyone), which I have no problem with. The only issue I have with it is that most recreations are historical, not current events.

Second, calling Taliban and Muslims one. Many Muslims have faced very wrongful heavy persecution since 9/11, and I don't fell like this would help. Maybe just take out the Muslim part, and it wouldn't be so bad.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:02 PM #3
Of_Death1980
Over there.

Of_Death1980 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
As I don't see it as offensive, I can see your point. If people nowadays weren't so sensitive it wouldn't be an issue. I have played other games when I still lived in NJ that had the same names and premise as ongoing military operations, i.e. Operation Enduring Freedom. I don't think that it should matter that it's a current war, and not a past one. As with the Muslim/Taliban comments, not all muslims are Taliban, however all of the Taliban is muslim. I don't think anyone would be offended, no one is generalizing all muslims as terrorists.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM #4
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Of_Death1980 View Post
As I don't see it as offensive, I can see your point. If people nowadays weren't so sensitive it wouldn't be an issue. I have played other games when I still lived in NJ that had the same names and premise as ongoing military operations, i.e. Operation Enduring Freedom. I don't think that it should matter that it's a current war, and not a past one.
I understand that people are too sensitive about a lot of things. What once were jokes are now taboo.

I'm not 100% against it, heck if it were in my area I might play in it, as American. There is no way I could even "act" as the Taliban and shoot at "American soldiers." It would just feel too odd for me (even playing as a German in D-Day would feel weird for me.

Quote:
As with the Muslim/Taliban comments, not all muslims are Taliban, however all of the Taliban is muslim. I don't think anyone would be offended, no one is generalizing all muslims as terrorists.
I understand the difference between the Taliban and Muslims, the only issue is that it could be perceived as Americans vs Muslims. In fact, I would bet someone would be offended if someone said, "Lets go get the Muslims" (even if it were just part of the act of the game).

BTW, just in case, I am not trying at all to start an argument, nor am I offended. I just want to bring up to the OP that because of the sensitivity there is now, it could be an issue. Being a fairly current event doesn't help either.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote