PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 PM #1
iwasaccident
McLovin

iwasaccident helped look for balloons
ST, lets make a prediction......

Next country to experience a revolution of sorts.

Go!
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 PM #2
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell

rnauman821 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rnauman821 is Legendary
Pakistan is a good maybe.

Otherwise I'm feeling a good central american rebellion.
rnauman821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:59 PM #3
Iamamartianchurch

Would you like to know more?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:20 PM #4
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post

Would you like to know more?
That would be nice, but the central government of the US won't give up power easily. I think the citizens would get bored and just let them take back over.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:29 PM #5
benji25
Legen (wait for it) Dary

benji25 is a Moderator
benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 is playing at Living Legends V
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 supports our troops
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Texas or california.
benji25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:29 PM #6
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell

rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
That would be nice, but the central government of the US won't give up power easily. I think the citizens would get bored and just let them take back over.
People are too weak willed anymore. Two weeks without power and they would be willing to give up just about anything they have to turn the lights back on.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 PM #7
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
Pakistan is a good maybe.

Otherwise I'm feeling a good central american rebellion.
Oh Pakistan is always a great choice for anything involving destructive behavior or failed government.

I'm gonna say Mexico, due to the cartel activity as of late. Seeing an entire city's police department quit and leave the city to fend for themselves is pretty bad. Somalia has potential.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:30 PM #8
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
That would be nice
A civil war in the US would be NICE? What the ****?
There really is no polite response to that.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:38 PM #9
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
A civil war in the US would be NICE? What the ****?
There really is no polite response to that.
Civil war wouldn't be nice. You are 100% correct. But a venture away from a centrally controlled... well everything, would be. The bad part is the central controllers won't give up their control (through use of force) without the use of force.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 PM #10
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
People are too weak willed anymore. Two weeks without power and they would be willing to give up just about anything they have to turn the lights back on.
Side note - ever see that show The Colony? It was pretty good.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM #11
TwoKaySix (Banned)

I'll go on record saying that the USA will suffer an uprising, and it will be before the year 2020. It will likely be staged by the government, in order to pushed towards a world government system, which will be controlled by the zionists, the Bilderburg group, and a few select otheres.
TwoKaySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM #12
TwoKaySix (Banned)

At this time, the new "world" body will declare war on what is left of the Muslim religions and attempt to abosrb Budhism and Hinduism as they have succumbed to "democracy" and are weakened and dependent. The war will be short and brutal as the last bastions of freedom fall to imperial might.
TwoKaySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:59 PM #13
iwasaccident
McLovin

iwasaccident helped look for balloons
Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 PM #14
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell

rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Civil war wouldn't be nice. You are 100% correct. But a venture away from a centrally controlled... well everything, would be. The bad part is the central controllers won't give up their control (through use of force) without the use of force.
"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."

Quote:
Side note - ever see that show The Colony? It was pretty good.
I caught a couple of episodes. My issue with it was that it didn't have multiple completely independent groups of competing in it. I was hoping they would take like 4 groups of 10 and throw them into 4 different parts of the city and just let them roam and survive. It really had the potential to be an interesting social experiment.

It was interesting to see how people put their priorities during when there wasn't infrastructure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKaySix View Post
At this time, the new "world" body will declare war on what is left of the Muslim religions and attempt to abosrb Budhism and Hinduism as they have succumbed to "democracy" and are weakened and dependent. The war will be short and brutal as the last bastions of freedom fall to imperial might.

I'll go on record saying that the USA will suffer an uprising, and it will be before the year 2020. It will likely be staged by the government, in order to pushed towards a world government system, which will be controlled by the zionists, the Bilderburg group, and a few select otheres.
... Nope.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:43 PM #15
Murph1329

Quote:

wow i'm going to have to agree with you on that
good post

a confederate type movement would never work in today's society due to the way information flows so easily. It would be stomped out by the federal government before it could gain any traction.

A great example is the tea party. For the longest time people used to say wow wouldn't it be great to have a 3 party system. And now that we are on track to get that we have media and the government doing everything in their power to critize the movement. Then you have Al Gore saying we need a middle-eastern type movement (non-violent) here in the US, isn't that the tea party? I guess the tea party doesn't fit his ideals.

It doesn't make sense to me because shouldn't the democrates imbrace the tea party because all it would end up doing is pull votes away from traditional republican canidates.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-10-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:20 AM #16
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell

rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
wow i'm going to have to agree with you on that
good post

a confederate type movement would never work in today's society due to the way information flows so easily. It would be stomped out by the federal government before it could gain any traction.

A great example is the tea party. For the longest time people used to say wow wouldn't it be great to have a 3 party system. And now that we are on track to get that we have media and the government doing everything in their power to critize the movement. Then you have Al Gore saying we need a middle-eastern type movement (non-violent) here in the US, isn't that the tea party? I guess the tea party doesn't fit his ideals.

It doesn't make sense to me because shouldn't the democrates imbrace the tea party because all it would end up doing is pull votes away from traditional republican canidates.
They will end up getting sucked into the GOP. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because their existence is sucking up a few fence votes. In ten years they will be an after thought.

Anymore, the only way to over throw a US type government would be to kill the economy so the common man hurts, create massive amounts of negative media about all parts of the gov, and start a viable alternative party. When things start getting real ugly, you finish off the economy as it sits and push the government to move. At that point you push your movement and hope the people are pissed enough to roll the government over.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:33 AM #17
情けない
武士道&

Quote:
They will end up getting sucked into the GOP. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because their existence is sucking up a few fence votes. In ten years they will be an after thought.
No way to know if this is true. They may reside within the GOP but they have a large and growing amount of influence. With any luck the Tea Party will be able to develop a true conservative alternative to the two parties we have now, regardless of whether they end up "counting as" republicans.
情けない is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:59 AM #18
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell

rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 情けない View Post
No way to know if this is true. They may reside within the GOP but they have a large and growing amount of influence. With any luck the Tea Party will be able to develop a true conservative alternative to the two parties we have now, regardless of whether they end up "counting as" republicans.
... They reside within the GOP. However GOP doesn't stomp them out. Why wouldn't they stomp them? They aren't even remotely large enough to control any decisions that are being made. They virtually all vote party line with GOP. So at this point their existence is irrelevant to the Republican party. When and if they do see them as a legitimate threat to their own interests... they will either absorb them directly or kill the party and take their members.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 AM #19
情けない
武士道&

Quote:
... They reside within the GOP. However GOP doesn't stomp them out. Why wouldn't they stomp them? They aren't even remotely large enough to control any decisions that are being made. They virtually all vote party line with GOP. So at this point their existence is irrelevant to the Republican party. When and if they do see them as a legitimate threat to their own interests... they will either absorb them directly or kill the party and take their members.
They have influenced the GOP greatly. They don't control decisions completely, but they have had a tangible effect on the GOP, and the threat of a Tea Party primary has pushed many GOPers further to the right, which is a good thing.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:29 AM #20
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell

rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by 情けない View Post
They have influenced the GOP greatly. They don't control decisions completely, but they have had a tangible effect on the GOP, and the threat of a Tea Party primary has pushed many GOPers further to the right, which is a good thing.
What effect have they had? They sucked in some lost suckers in the middle who didn't have a voting identity. That won't last for long though. They aren't centralized enough develop, their stances are all over, and their members are inconsistent and float all over. It's a matter of time before they either break up themselves or get sucked into the right, the later being the smarter decision for the right.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:33 AM #21
情けない
武士道&

Boehner would have caved far sooner had it not been for the tea party. They also defeated Boehners useless bill, resulting on Boehner getting a slightly better deal when he didn't back down (mostly "better" only because it had no tax increases). That's just in the past few days.

They've also been quite influential in the moving of Ryan's healthcare plan to the mainstream of the GOP, as well as the desire for a BBA.