Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-20-2011, 09:35 PM #43
mini-me67
Ben

just finished my first day playing with the extender and i have to say it worked great, only one problem the grip seems to wiggle a little on the mount due to the fact that the extenders rail isn't exactly the same as the stock one so it does move a little, and during my first game the grip slide all the way off into my left hand so i went into the pits and tightened down the screw some more and used some electrical tape to keep it on. other than that it worked great. and if u have a v2 model i suggest u put two screws to hold on the grip instead of just one.
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2011, 09:56 PM #44
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Are you referring to the small set screws that hold the foregrip onto the extender itself? There should be two of them pre-installed, the ones that take a 1/16" allen key...maybe you only got one set screw by accident (?) let me know!

The next batch of these will have some small changes and I'm all ears to this and other characteristics. I was already thinking about adding another threaded set screw hole in case of user preference, although the position of the screw holes is a little tight, since it has to coincide with the machining process (that's what the two 1/8" mystery holes on the front of the dovetail are for).

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:11 AM #45
mini-me67
Ben

crap i totally missed the second screw. only after taking a second look at it did i see it, in my haste to put it on my gun i didnt see the second screw just above the other one. sorry about that i seriously thought it only had one. well that should definately fix the problem. really sorry.

Last edited by mini-me67 : 08-21-2011 at 01:15 AM.
mini-me67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:43 PM #46
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
well that makes more sense....I was about to be confused!

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Old 08-22-2011, 01:54 PM #47
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
Hey all. Just letting everybody know that I took my mini along with the prototype snatch grip out on Sunday to try that out. It worked great.

I handed out a bunch of fliers to people around the field using mini's and every single one of them said they would order at least one thing on there that night. Even the owner of the field said he liked the idea and would be willing to put up a display for everybody to see.

Can't wait to try the rest out!

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:48 PM #48
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian

aspiderfreak plays in the PSP
aspiderfreak is an NCPA player
aspiderfreak is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
aspiderfreak is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito-z View Post
Hey all. Just letting everybody know that I took my mini along with the prototype snatch grip out on Sunday to try that out. It worked great.

Glad to hear it. I ordered a fore-grip extender last night. Looking forward to playing with it.
aspiderfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:10 PM #49
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian

My fore-grip extender arrived today! I'm very impressed with the speedy delivery. It has a very nice high gloss black anno. I will definitely get pictures & video of the extender/mini combo this weekend. My initial impression is that it works as advertised. I have pretty large paws, and the extender definitely has greatly improved the ergonomics of the mini.

The installation instructions are pretty clear. It only took me about 15 minutes to install (10 to find the right allen key).

I decided to make a pictorial guide to installing the grip extender for those that have lost their instructions, or have acquired one via trade.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:02 PM #50
ralliman

Hey YDNA, I saw sometime back (not on your site I don't believe) that there was an experimental forgrip extender but instead of the grip going staight down it was angled out towards the barrel so \ instead of | might this be in the works?

Also, any chance your barrels will be coming out to us normal people?
ralliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:11 PM #51
TheEnglishGuy

Not sure how often he's checking here but the last time I spoke to him about it, he wanted to finalize his new attachment design (the same as the one he uses for the horizontal version) before completing his angled design. So likely he's already working on it now.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 PM #52
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
Yeah as English said thsoe are in progress. The problem is I plan for them to be universal to both Mini and Axe, so I have to almost start over when it comes to the design. We're getting there...

The barrels are available right now but you have to call up Thin Air's distributer to get them. They don't have any online ordering and aren't going through retailers so it's kindof a hoop jump for the time being.

aspiderfreak that's awesome, nice work...it looks great with the black and silver color scheme.

As told by Stobaeus
Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 PM #53
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
aspiderfreak that's awesome, nice work...it looks great with the black and silver color scheme.

Thank you for your innovation. You've made the mini shootable again.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:01 PM #54
The_BC_08
Conflicting all over you

The_BC_08 plays in the PSP
The_BC_08 plays in the APPA D4 division
The_BC_08 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The_BC_08 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
an chance you make an axe compatible version? Maybe add a bit of material were the set screws are and have some longer set screw that go into/thur that material. (sorry if that doesnt make sense)

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE

BOOM-WISEGUYS| Guerrilla Air | Planet Eclipse | KEE/EMPIRE | The Badlandz |
The_BC_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:12 AM #55
TheEnglishGuy

That's the plan, once he perfects his new mounting solution, which should work on both Mini and Axe.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 PM #56
ralliman

Anyone tried the barrels?
ralliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:11 PM #57
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
Hey everybody. I'd like to start out by saying how lucky I am to be able to test out these parts for Andy and Nummech. It feels great to be able to help out a brand new company.

One of the major reasons that people do not purchase the Invert Mini is because the gun is too small. They feel they cannot get used to putting their hands extremely close together. This product fixes that by moving the foregrip forward 1.2 inches. It makes a huge difference.

Installation of my foregrip extender was free of hassle. The instructions were clear and professional, with lots of diagrams to help. The installation only took me about 5 minutes. Everything came pre-assembled, no fiddling with circuit boards and screws for hours trying to figure out how it fits together.

After trying out the foregrip extender at the field, all I can say is wow. I'm in love with the new feel of my mini. Questions about my gun were non-stop; people wanted to know how it felt, where to get it, and how much it cost. People were surprised when I told them it was only 35.99. Even the owner and I chatted about Nummech and the new upgrades.

Having only used speedball-type guns, I was used to having to jamming my hands together to hold the trigger frame and foregrip. With this, I felt I was able to really hold my gun.

All in all, Nummech and Andy did a great job. You can't go wrong with it. It's worth every penny. For a brand new idea and upgrade, they nailed it.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB

Last edited by incognito-z : 04-01-2014 at 02:39 AM.
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:43 AM #58
Ghost_079

I received the extender and snatch grip yesterday.

I was a bit concerned by the pictures... maybe the extender would put the front grip too far away? I'm not very tall and having played with egos, DM's and other markers, they all felt too big. This is normal for mini users: the mini is so compact that if you get used to it, the other guns would feel unconfortable in your hands.

Put tank and barrel in mini... test for gun feeling...

HOLLY $%$"&"

The guns changes completely. Period. PERIOD. It's hard to describe... more stable, your hand does not twists in a strange way, the frontgrip has the perfect size and roundness to provide an excelent grip... The extender assembly/construction quality is excelent, no lateral movement and feels very sturdy. Had a bit of a trouble finding the correct allen size for the inner screws, but no biggie.

Conclusion: Buy the damn thing!!!. Best upgrade so far, at the same level of the eigen bolt. Worth every cent, or even more!. I haven't been this surprised before with an upgrade/mod.

100000 kudos to Andy. I'll try to post pictures later... I'll also promote it locally in my country.
Ghost_079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:22 PM #59
Ghost_079

After the extender installation, the board didn't detected the trigger pulls, so I had to adjust it a bit using the screws. Why? I dunno. The upper body sits flush with the trigger frame, so it's kind of weird for this to happen.

Just a side note. Everything works as it should. Love my new Medium.
Ghost_079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:17 PM #60
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
Update

The "Mini-only" foregrip extender that was originally the subject of this thread are all sold out. Normally I would have more already available but there's been a change in demand so instead I'm going to switch gears and concentrate on the hinted "universal" extender that will fit both Mini and Axe, and those will be available two weeks if all goes according to plan (hah!)

I might make more of the mini-only versions but it probably won't happen unless a retailer specifically requests it. In the meantime there's plenty of parts available in case anyone runs into problems.

The modified adapter versions (angled) are still planned but those will have to wait until I build up more stock of the universal straight extender.

As told by Stobaeus
Old 10-14-2011, 07:30 PM #61
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
I am in for a universal one

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:22 PM #62
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is BST Trusted
Progresso!

(roughing)

Please note these parts aren't finished, but their final shape is certainly visible. We so excited!

As told by Stobaeus
Old 10-23-2011, 02:40 PM #63
mikeyr4444

Annual Supporting Member
mikeyr4444 is playing at Living Legends VII
mikeyr4444 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm liking the look of the universals so far, can't wait to see the finished product
mikeyr4444 is offline   Reply With Quote