PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 AM #1
TheEnglishGuy

Mini Upgrade - Foregrip Extender from YDNA

Hi All,

Firstly I'd like to thank YDNA for allowing me to be a beta-tester for this new product. Secondly I'd like to note that this review is my personal opinion, I have no ties to YDNA or his company and will be spending my hard earned money on this product the same as everyone else.

So, I received a raw foregrip extender a few weeks ago, along with instructions on how to install it. As the one I received was raw, the first thing I did was to cover up the screw holes and spray paint it with Krylon Camo Matte Black paint, so that it would closely match my dust black Mini.

The instruction sheet was very clear and concise, with detailed pictures of how the extender should be installed. The extender is mounted using two replacement screws that go into the two front holes in the air transfer plate and is also partially braced with the trigger frame. If you're familiar with taking your mini apart, this installation should take you less than 5 minutes.

After everything was installed and I verified that the board and eyes were still working, I took the Mini out for some test firing. Being more of a woodsballer, I've become used to having front grips on my A5's/X7's/TM-7's/TM-15's etc, and I was very pleased to find that with the front grip now outside the trigger frame, the Mini felt much easier to hold and much more stable as a firing platform. Being able to truly grip the front grip at any level, made a huge difference to me and felt much more natural than the stock mini does.

As you can see from the comparison pictures, this extender actually moves the front grip further forward than the front grip on the Axe, so this is a great option for those Mini owners that have been considering upgrading to an Axe, just buy this and a Relay On/Off and you're 95% of the way there.

So, in summary, I highly recommend this upgrade for those of you who would like a bit more room and a more comfortable front grip.

English

More Pictures Here:
http://imageshack.us/g/28/cimg88781024x768.jpg/
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2011, 12:12 PM #2
mk2_20v
Am i out?

very interesting.im not sure if i love it or hate it...ill pick one up and decide then thanks for sharing pics
mk2_20v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:42 PM #3
Teahouser
that one guy

Looks really cool!

Kinda makes your mini look like a transformer

I think another plus of this is not just the fact that you can increase the grip to grip distance closer to that of the axe, but having the ability to GO BACK to the mini`s much tighter profile in the matter of minutes. Being able to go back and forth between the two is something you can`t do with the axe. Playing snake the tightness of the mini comes in handy.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:23 PM #4
mini-me67
Ben

yep saw this earlier this week in some cad drawings and i fell in love at first sight, so siked to get this. cant wait, thank you ydna for being amazing and giving us this awesome product!
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM #5
Skeemask
I like turtles!

Skeemask plays in the APPA D5 division
Skeemask has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I didn't like the look in the drawings, but the finished product does look pretty sexy. Teahouser makes a good point too about being able to go back and forth between the two...I may just have to pick one up with my snatchgrip.
Skeemask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:17 PM #6
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
This is great. I should get mine soon, can't wait! I asked to wait until they finished annodizing, last we heard the annodizing was stuck because a big order came in. Looks great!

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:35 PM #8
Jhosgood
Joe

Jhosgood supports Team VICIOUS
Woah woah ydna when can we start ordering these... That is sexy as ****!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 PM #9
Kbodzak

Is it possible to throw one of these on the axe for some stretch-limo type swag?
Kbodzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 PM #10
Jhosgood
Joe

Jhosgood supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbodzak View Post
Is it possible to throw one of these on the axe for some stretch-limo type swag?
I love the "stretch-limo swag" usage rofl... i think you really could put it on one too looking at the foregrip of a axe.. its not much different as far as attachment goes but these other guys would know better than me...
Old 08-11-2011, 08:17 PM #11
TheEnglishGuy

Unfortunately the current design is such that it won't work on the Axe, there's no front screw holes to mount it. My suggestion was to mod or make a new air transfer plate so that it's a continuous piece. Would allow it to be a lot more secure as well.

He's currently waiting on Anodizing and finalizing his website but I would think it might be ready inside the next week, so start saving some money :-)

English
Old 08-11-2011, 08:28 PM #12
mini-me67
Ben

the site should be up within the next couple of days. ydna told me he hoped to get it up today, so we'll se, he also said as soon as the site was up u can order these
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM #13
TheEnglishGuy

Website is up ....

www.nummech.com

Order away :-)

English
Old 08-11-2011, 09:42 PM #14
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna works for a Paintball manufacturer
Glad you guys like it for the most part, and English's pics are a great demo for that! I also appreciate the unbias of his review since it brings up an important point...not everyone might want to use one of these. As with most of the things I plan to produce in the coming weeks, this is meant to be a preference item. I'm just trying to please the people that are interested in the concept, instead of going all THIS WILL GUARANTEE YOU 15.4% LESS WIND RESISTANCE AND YOU CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO HAVE IT!!! noooooo

Anyway, as mentioned earlier this current version isn't compatible with Axes since this hooks into the Mini's transfer plate screw holes (which aren't in the same place with an Axe). However I will probably make a "universal" mount in the future that'll hook onto the stock trigger guard dovetail and extend forward. I don't know whether it'll be a production item but I'll certainly make a few (since people have already requested it). It'll be shaped very differently from this....the good part is that it'll be universal and work with each marker, but the bad part is that it won't have the "gap" that the current Mini version has. We'll see....

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:01 PM #15
Ghost_079

@________@

Can't... resist... urge.... need....
Ghost_079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:21 AM #16
mini-me67
Ben

just ordered mine, gloss black grip extender and snatch grip! hehehe success!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:29 AM #17
Skeemask
I like turtles!

Skeemask plays in the APPA D5 division
Skeemask has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-me67 View Post
just ordered mine, gloss black grip extender and snatch grip! hehehe success!
I just did the exact same. Now if my Lurker bolt would just come in.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM #18
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Great work Andy!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:27 PM #19
oraphus

wow.. great idea and looks pretty slick.... i feel like i need to hold it to see if i like it more or less
oraphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:15 PM #20
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna works for a Paintball manufacturer
I just updated pics on the website....nice black parts mmmmmm

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:45 AM #21
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology

I just made a flyer for anybody who wants to hand these out. I know people will be asking who makes that, and this answers the question perfectly.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote