Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:41 PM #22
PEballer

Iv'e done it and as long as you don't twist it or rotate on it you will be alright, but probably not the smartest thing to do.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2011, 05:09 PM #23
Pbballer96

I just had acl surgery two weeks ago and im running and walking fine with out a brace and stuff. And I also broke the top of my tibula(the bone that holds the acl in place) and I'm pain free when I play. I had a 3rd degree full tear which is really weird but its just about your pain tolerance also. But its really risky
Old 10-01-2011, 06:54 PM #24
erikguti

Annual Supporting Member
erikguti donated to help Peyton Trent
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
erikguti supports Team VICIOUS
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbballer96 View Post
I just had acl surgery two weeks ago and im running and walking fine with out a brace and stuff. And I also broke the top of my tibula(the bone that holds the acl in place) and I'm pain free when I play. I had a 3rd degree full tear which is really weird but its just about your pain tolerance also. But its really risky
sorry bro you mean 3 years ago?? cant be running 3 weeks after acl surgery...
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 AM #25
TooTallNiCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
Just do it, play back or somewhere easy paintball isn't a very physically demanding sport.
I want to know what kind of Paintball you play then.

Don't do it. You're just putting your knee at more risk and its not worth not being able to walk without limping for the rest of your life
Old 10-14-2011, 11:44 AM #26
XxCubakkaxX
Topgun/Allstar player

XxCubakkaxX plays in the PSP
XxCubakkaxX plays in the APPA D4 division
XxCubakkaxX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i wrestled on a slightly torn acl, figured "ill be fine, it doesnt hurt too bad, it just moves the way its not supposed to sometimes, throw some tape on me" ended up tearing it fully a couple weeks later, had to get surgery.

i also played football with a torn rotator cuff (in 4 places), torn laybrum, my anchor's that ripped out (put there by two previous surgeries) and a chip of bone in my joint. had to get pretty major surgery for the 3rd time.

it hurts from time to time, but im lucky that the surgeon did a fantastic job.

point of the story, it takes much longer to heal, risks a lower chance of being back to where u were physically, and causes alot more pain if u play on a serious injury figuring theyll put u back together later. my advice is to take a break (trust me, i know, it sounds much easier than it really is) get it taken care of WORK HARD IN THERAPY, and ull be much better off

best of luck to you

START FAST, FINISH STRONG
Old 10-14-2011, 11:50 AM #27
levesque45
TFM

levesque45 plays in the PSP
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
levesque45 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
levesque45 is Legendary
Never tore my ACL but in Feb this year I ruptured my MCL and tore my meniscus.

Took good care of it for 2 weeks.... played back and made sure I didnt slide cause it hurt like a mother ****er, PT 2 times per week and made sure i did EXACTLY what they told me to and I didnt miss a practice...

I still wear a compression brace under my knee pad to help with stability but you should know your limit.... I pushed it and didnt do damage.... i was lucky.... its up to you....
Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 PM #28
lastexile01

I tore my ACL playing Frisbee. I played on it for almost a year before I got surgery. I managed to separate my knee a half dozen time playing Frisbee between that time. Now 3 years after the surgery I have to deal with Arthritis in my knee that will never get better. If you can figure out a way to play Paintball without twisting your leg, making sudden stops or changes in direction, sudden changes in elevation you could probably not injury yourself again. But the type of paintball you would have to play would not make the game fun IMO. Lots of standing around and the constant danger of doing permanent damage to yourself. I would seriously recommend getting surgery but if you don't, just know if you do continue to play paintball at any serious level you have a very likely chance of necessitating surgery at a later point in life.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:25 PM #29
s2kphil
Extreme Pro's Paintball

s2kphil is playing at Living Legends V
s2kphil owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
s2kphil is for the Gunfight
s2kphil has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
s2kphil has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Only take advice from people who have torn their ACL's. Everyone's opinion is just hearsay and stuff they have heard through stories. I tore my ACL almost 2 years ago. I went to see a highly regaurded arthoscopic knee surgeon and he told me the following:

If you can live with your knee the way it is and do not want to play basketball, football, or other sports where pivoting and sudden movements are necessary to complete then DO not have the surgery. Your knee will be just fine. But if you want to do these things then it is probably necessary.

He did say that I could do things like running, bowling, hiking, and even paintball as long as I was not pivoting or making agressive moves. IMO that sucks and I am having the surgery because I am young and I won't give away 20 or more years of competitive sports for a few bucks and minor risk of the surgery not going as planned.

I tried not getting it fixed as the doctor recommended and I think you will regret it. I would be totally rehibilitated by now. True, I can still run. True, I can still play and have some fun. But False, I can not compete at the level I used to be able to. Flase, My knee is not "just fine", It gives out all the time, I have pain, if it is bent for a long period of time it locks up due to swelling. Even playing rec ball can and often does result in knee pain.

From someone who has experience in this situation, and from someone who got initial advice just like your getting to hold off on surgery is at all possible, DO NOT HOLD OFF. It sucks and just prolongs the inevitable. Unless that is you want to quit every sport you ever loved to play.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 AM #30
(dr)
deft

has been a member for 10 years
(dr) plays in the PSP
(dr) is an NCPA player
(dr) plays in the APPA D4 division
Paintball tears up your knees. You have to have good pads and be in great shape to slide properly. Even then your knees will suffer sometimes. I wouldn't risk your mobility later in life for a game now. You will already be older and less able to do stuff, you don't want a bum knee as well.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:22 PM #31
Dyeballer55

heal up, paintball will still be around when you get better
Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 PM #32
JFBomber
Joint Fury Plank-Owner

Tore my ACL close to 20 years ago.........at age 40, I suffer arthritis every day in my left knee and it sucks....if you going to play, make sure you wear a brace and / or take it easy.........its not worth the pain later on, trust me
Charmin
Nachos
The Question Mark "?" TM
AND our Newest Sponsor.........GOO be GONE! (For when the paste-eaters take over your local paintball game)

JOINT FURY: TERRORIZING THE PAINTBALL COMMUNITY AT LARGE SINCE 1996
Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 AM #33
Heaton
Rain likes to raep.

Heaton is playing at Living Legends VI
Heaton owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Heaton supports Team VICIOUS
Heaton supports Sherwood Forest
Heaton supports DLX Technology
Pro player Corey Field (Naughty88) of former Naughty Dogs tore his ACL during a tournament. He took a bit to recover but he's always a presence at the field. And a beast at it, for that matter.

FOR SALE:
Embers 2 GEO 3
LNIB GEO IV CORE
70/45 Ninja tank
Old 11-11-2011, 07:00 PM #34
mgatti
Xandata Pump Team

mgatti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mgatti is for the Gunfight
mgatti supports Sherwood Forest
i wouldnt play on a torn ACL i have had to complete reconstructions and my knees still hurt every day im done playing
Closed Thread