PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2011, 06:52 AM #1
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

Credit card suspicion

I was looking at my CC statement online this morning to see how much I've spent so far this month and I noticed two purchases that are kind of weird.

1) McDonald's order of ~$9. I don't remember going to McDonald's on August 3rd and spending $9, but I do remember going to McDonald's a little while ago, so it may have been on the third. However, I went to Taco Bell a couple nights ago and, since I didn't have any cash on me, I had to use my CC for a $5 - it hasn't showed up on my statement, but the statement said it was all the purchases through August 10th, so shouldn't my TB purchase be on there?

2) Exxon Mobile gas purchase of $49.01 yesterday. The weird thing about this is that 1) I bought gas yesterday, but it came out to $49.52 and, 2) not only did I buy gas from Sunoco, the statement said the purchase was made in Victor, NY, when the Sunoco I stopped at is not in Victor.

What do?
MrSmartyParts5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 09:25 AM #2
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
1) If it was only two days ago it could be a pending charge or just not have shown up yet.

2) Welcome to using a credit card! The gas station probably charges from a different location as their local office or something.

Looks like normal charges to me. Also, usually or always, gas stations put a temporary charge on your card first because they don't know how much gas you're buying, it's often $100 but could be other amounts.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:20 PM #3
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

I see what you're saying about the Taco Bell, but I just thought that it was weird that they'd charge me a number so close to my actual. Oh well, hopefully they don't change it because I'll get to save $.51.

That's two gumballs
MrSmartyParts5 is offline   Reply With Quote