Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2011, 02:43 AM #1
NSHoss

New 9.1 owner looking for answers

Hi all, first off I just bought my first new (to me) Tiberius marker, and while I wait for it, had some general questions.

One, I plan on running remote for the time being, until I have the money to invest in the Tiberius tank/stock. I am wondering is there anything to be done to prevent air from leaking down the mag well without having to keep a spent 12g in the mag? Or during mag swaps? I know the tank/stock comes with something to install, so I guess I'm wondering what exactly it is, and if I can get it elsewhere.

Two, what exactly is the difference between the FS mags and non-FS mags? I've heard references to colored springs, but what else? And are they a heavier or lighter spring?

Thanks a lot in advance for whatever advice ya'll can give.
NSHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 02:59 AM #2
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHoss View Post
Hi all, first off I just bought my first new (to me) Tiberius marker, and while I wait for it, had some general questions.

One, I plan on running remote for the time being, until I have the money to invest in the Tiberius tank/stock. I am wondering is there anything to be done to prevent air from leaking down the mag well without having to keep a spent 12g in the mag? Or during mag swaps? I know the tank/stock comes with something to install, so I guess I'm wondering what exactly it is, and if I can get it elsewhere.

Two, what exactly is the difference between the FS mags and non-FS mags? I've heard references to colored springs, but what else? And are they a heavier or lighter spring?

Thanks a lot in advance for whatever advice ya'll can give.

The 9.1 should have come with the air blocking nipple, you don't need to buy a tank/stock combo to get that.

Non-FS mags are the ones that came with the 8.0 and 9.0. They only could be loaded with paintballs.

FS mags come with all the x.1 Tiberius markers. The come with a silver spring and a red spring. Install the red spring (stronger spring) if using ONLY FS rounds. Use the Silver spring (lighter) if shooting paintballs and occasionally FS. The red spring is a little more reliable for loading FS rounds, but too strong for paintballs.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:13 AM #3
NSHoss

Ok. Like I said, I'm picking it up used, so I'm not sure if it will have the nipple or not. Is there a way to convert the older mags to use FS at all?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:50 AM #4
voodooaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHoss View Post
Ok. Like I said, I'm picking it up used, so I'm not sure if it will have the nipple or not. Is there a way to convert the older mags to use FS at all?
No the x.0 mags can-not be modified to use first strikes. They can be modified to work with the x.1 series for paintball only use. Stock they won't fit into the x.1 series.

You can contact Tiberius and pickup the nipple from them. I had to do that on a used 9.1 before as well.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:46 PM #5
gfaherty3

Voodoo,

Have you tired running the red springs with regular paintballs? Someone, I don't remember who, posted on the tiberius forums that they were running the red springs with regular paintballs with no issues so that is what I have been doing as I typically run with both regular and FS rounds. But now that I think about it, I am getting more chopped balls with my 9.1 than FS rounds and I am wondering if it is the springs. I guess that should have occurred to me but I converted all my mags to red springs right away and haven't tested one against the other. hmmm
gfaherty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:47 PM #6
gfaherty3

one follow up question is how well do the FS rounds work with the silver springs? If I am going to have chopped or misaligned rounds due to springs I would rather chop cheap balls than FS rounds.
g.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:33 PM #7
voodooaddict

I haven't tried actually using red springed mags with paintballs. I just saw how much the red spring deforms regular paintballs by releasing the spring outside the marker. I typically use modified 8.0/9.0- mags for paintballs.

We've found that the silver spring greatly increases the chance of a FS chop on the last or second to last FS round
Old 08-16-2011, 04:51 PM #8
NSHoss

One more question, anyone know of Tiberius specific magazine pouches?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:40 PM #9
gfaherty3

I am using two different types of mag pouches. I have a set of pouches designed to hold M4 mags which works pretty well for both tiberius and TPX mags. I am also using these http://www.rockstartactical.com/prod...-tib-3-coy.htm from Full clip, triple pouch. I like these a lot and wish I had more of these rather than the M4 mag pouches
Old 10-25-2011, 05:48 PM #10
Sloppy

I swapped over to the red springs on my T9.1 and was using the regular paintballs and had at least one chop in every clip i ran with it. I just got the thing and believe 100% that it is the Springs that are causing the chopps. I had a T9 and a couple T8s and rarely had any breaks using the silver springs. So I would not recommend using the Red ones with the regular paint.

Has anyone used the FSR barrel with Regular paint and not FS rounds? Thought about getting one of those but like most I use both FS and Regular paint. Plan to be FS mag feed only and hopper feed regular paint when heavy gunning/cover fire.
Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:00 AM #11
voodooaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post
I swapped over to the red springs on my T9.1 and was using the regular paintballs and had at least one chop in every clip i ran with it. I just got the thing and believe 100% that it is the Springs that are causing the chopps. I had a T9 and a couple T8s and rarely had any breaks using the silver springs. So I would not recommend using the Red ones with the regular paint.

Has anyone used the FSR barrel with Regular paint and not FS rounds? Thought about getting one of those but like most I use both FS and Regular paint. Plan to be FS mag feed only and hopper feed regular paint when heavy gunning/cover fire.
I haven't read of anyone successfully using the FSR rifled barrel with regular paint. I suppose there might be someone out there that has tried. The riffling is rather aggressive compared to other paintball "rifled barrels". We just never bothered, thinking that the deep groves with squared edges would shred a regular ball.