Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-26-2014, 12:50 PM #1
dopefedz

Need some help finding a new board

Ok Ive decided Im going to start playing again so I was going through all my guns to make sure they were in working order. The one gun that is giving me problems is my viking. This gun I purchased it right before I stopped playing back in 09 or 10. The last time I turned this thing on it powered up fine and this time im pretty sure the Tadao Mikko board has taken a crap which seems to be a pretty common occurance.

Here is the gun in question.

Im almost 100% sure this is a PM5 UL frame if Im not mistaken. A replacement Tadao board is pretty hard to find now and I dont think I want to replace it with a board that is known to fail. After looking around I found that Virtue made an Oled board but Im have some concerns whether it's compatible in my frame or not. They state "Works in DM6, DM7, DM8, DM9, DM10, PM7, PM8, and UL Rail Paintball Guns (Will NOT fit the PM5, PM6 or SLG UL Frame)" and when I look at the Tadao Mikko they state "Works in Ultralite frames on the Dye DM5, DM6, DM7, DM8, DM9, DM10, Proto 6/7/8, and PMR".

I just called Virtue and they said it would not work in a PM5 UL frame if this is true what will make it not fit in my frame?

Ive never shot this gun yet since Ive owned it and I really would like to get it running to finally try it out.
dopefedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 PM #2
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I just went through this same problem with the Tadao boards in all the Frenzy frames I have. Uses a Ego 7/8 board but the Virtue OLED board doesn't have the switch in the same spot. Post #936, scroll back to see the pics.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...post8026 6065
You might have to go back to a stock board so that it fits. That's what I had to do with the Ego7/8 boards. But before I did that I bought several different Virtue boards to see what was close and what would or would not fit. You could pick up a cheap Virtue and see if it'll work or not. Or you might have to modify the frame to get it to fit.
The Tadao is still good as is, just don't have the features of the OLED. Which is kinda the whole point though right? Put you can still program it through the PC.
nlrunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:04 PM #3
Melon Bands
**WARNING** I PLAY PUMP

Melon Bands is playing at Living Legends VII
Melon Bands has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Melon Bands has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Melon Bands has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
DAT gun though...
Old 06-26-2014, 11:34 PM #4
dopefedz

I just purchased two virtue boards. One is the oled version and the other one is their "redefined" led one. Hopefully one works out. If not I found a tadao mikko with and without the usb connection but i would hate to waste money on another one of those.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:51 PM #5
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

I think the issue is the solenoid location on the PM5. IIRC, when I had a PM5 UL frame, the UL board was cut out differently than what I saw on DM disassembly photos back from matrix-owners. Because your solenoid is in a different location, I'd hazard a guess that you'd be good to go.

Also, I'm damn certain that's a PM5 UL frame. Trigger guard, and the length of the top gives it away.

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:22 PM #6
dopefedz

Received the oled virtue board. Fits just like the tadao board. Gonna get some air this weekend and try it out finally with some paint. My only gripe are the virtue grips.

My stinger grips i had hit the oled screen so i have to use the virtue grips for now. I just pulled them out the package and the rubber part of the grip is already separating from the inner hard plastic side. Gonna see if i can clearance mine to work or at least try regluing these back together.

Last edited by dopefedz : 06-29-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:27 AM #7
jojo750
retired again 03-30-2014

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jojo750 donated to help Peyton Trent
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jojo750 supports Team VICIOUS
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopefedz View Post
Received the oled virtue board. Fits just like the tadao board. Gonna get some air this weekend and try it out finally with some paint. My only gripe are the virtue grips.

My stinger grips i had hit the oled screen so i have to use the virtue grips for now. I just pulled them out the package and the rubber part of the grip is already separating from the inner hard plastic side. Gonna see if i can clearance mine to work or at least try regluing these back together.
my dm10 had the same problem with those grips.
i almost refuse to use the virtue oled board because of those grips.

and that tarantula
Old 06-29-2014, 11:25 AM #8
asylum11
Dm6 Part's Whore

Annual Supporting Member
asylum11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
asylum11 donated to help Peyton Trent
asylum11 is playing at Living Legends V
asylum11 supports Team VICIOUS
i have a w.a.s board if you ever needed to go back for any reason

Paintball, my antidrug. Because when you're addicted to paintball there's no way you can afford drugs

PBN Feedback #1

"Originally posted by TheColiseum71: The Etek is a much better gun that the Protege. It has a better asa, it comes in a better case, and it has three LED lights, as opposed to one."
"Sometimes, i will get a bag of cheeseburgers and sit down in here and just whack off all day long, even eat them at the same time!!...Hey!...don't you judge me"--Rob Riggle "Blackballed the Movie"
asylum11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:49 AM #9
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VII
I know it's been a month, but did you get the board to work?

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:21 PM #10
dopefedz

Yeah works fine. No issues at all.