PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-01-2015, 03:22 PM #1
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Seeing how much interest there is for PBX trigger's?

I just purchased the PBX Excal off of Gunhero and the main reason was to acquire the PBX frame with trigger so that I can duplicate it. I'm sure as several of you know I have a few frames with no triggers. I would like to make them complete to be able to better pass them on.

All of that being said, I've already spoken with my machinist and he gave me a rough estimate of about $50 a trigger. I am only going to make the number that I need and that is it, no more.

I am of the understanding that there are several other people that have these same frames with no trigger. If you would like to possibly have one made up for your frame as well post here and PM me.

As soon as I get the marker the trigger will be off to the machinist, so hopefully it won't take long. And after I get a correct count on how many to have made, I can get back to you with a more concrete price.

Nathan
nlrunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2015, 06:42 PM #2
Ink drinker

I may be interested. What would a complete frame cost? Also, I am in the market for an Excalibur board, as my Excal currently has the nelson.

Thanks

Feedbackhttp://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=346218
Ink drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:52 AM #3
nlrunkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink drinker View Post
I may be interested. What would a complete frame cost? Also, I am in the market for an Excalibur board, as my Excal currently has the nelson.

Thanks
Reply sent
Old 05-15-2015, 01:15 PM #4
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is playing at Living Legends V
Dark Side is playing at Living Legends VI
Dark Side is playing at Living Legends VII
Dark Side supports Empire
I'm interested in one.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
NDZ Autococker frame
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:29 PM #5
nlrunkle

Well finally got it in hand...

Sure there's no one else that needs one? Mike, I thought I seen somewhere you have one of these frames and no trigger?

They will be going to the machinist within the next week to nail down a price on making them. The other thing that I can see will effect the price on the final trigger will be the 2 magnets it needs and 1 for the frame if you don't already have it. Going to start tracking those down now and get a price on those.

Only thing I don't like about the trigger is the slop that's in it. Looks like PBX used these tiny, tiny shims on either side to take that away. Quite frankly, I don't know how they got them all in there. I think I would have an aneurism, trying to put this back together. Actually I know I am.

Going to ask the machinist 2 things, 1.) if he can make them a little wider to do away with the shims and/or 2.) make the location of the pivot hole large enough to be drilled through to accept the same size bearings that's in all the other aftermarket triggers.

Last edited by nlrunkle : 05-21-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:18 PM #6
Ink drinker

Feedbackhttp://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=346218
Ink drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM #7
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is playing at Living Legends V
Dark Side is playing at Living Legends VI
Dark Side is playing at Living Legends VII
Dark Side supports Empire
I thought I remember from my messing around with one of mine that it accepts Emag trigger magnets.

Oh and bearings would be badass especially if you could pin the trigger in place like the early DMs do. ( I have no idea if all DM triggers work in this way, only messed with DM4/DM5 triggers).

Still, sign me up for one at least.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
NDZ Autococker frame
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM #8
nlrunkle

Well if you know the size of the magnets? I've never seen what the Emag uses so I don't have a reference to go off of. I do know that I have an order to place with AGD to get the rest of the parts to complete the frames and was going to order the magnets but after getting this trigger and looking at the magnets, they look like they might be larger than the ones on AGD's site.

Course that's a stock photo and can be deceiving on the actual size of the magnets. These to me just seem like they are bigger?? Plus you need 3 for a complete trigger and frame.