PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-23-2016, 11:33 PM #1
*Smoothie*
Go Army

has been a member for 10 years
Pristine 04 Highlander Viking(with pics) What's it worth??

So the title states the gun, now I will post the upgrades and hopefully you knowledgeable folks will tell me what you think it's worth. This gun is pristine, I mean pristine. It's my buddy's gun and he has maybe, MAYBE 2-3 cases of paint through it. It is so new condition, it has ZERO breach wear. I am a little hazy on the details and upgrades as I have not seen it in 3 years, but I know he has had this as a wall hanger for the last 8 years and is one of his most prized possessions.

Gun
04 Dust Black AKALMP Highlander Viking
Javelin barrel

Upgrades
I believe quad detent---Talked to my buddy, it is not milled in any way.
DC low pro lightened bolt pin
Rob town valve
JMJ razor trigger
JMJ snatch grip
Tadao board
Hogue Palmswells
CP rail
CP on/off

Items that will be sold with
Soft AKA gun bag
Tadao box with stock board inside
Stock parts(valve, bolt pin, etc.)
Warped Sportz dust black Lucky 15

Last edited by *Smoothie* : 08-26-2016 at 10:52 PM.
*Smoothie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2016, 01:52 AM #2
PillsburyDoughboy
CondomDealerExtraordinair

PillsburyDoughboy is a Supporting Member
PillsburyDoughboy helped look for balloons
PillsburyDoughboy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It is worth whatever someone will pay....seriously. It is not like you can just find this floating around on pbn or ebay.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=638985
I love dirty dirty house music....
PillsburyDoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:25 AM #3
brock_averill
Ill Factor

I'd guess around $700 with the market the way it is now. I wish I had the cash to make an offer.
brock_averill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 AM #4
*Smoothie*
Go Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillsburyDoughboy View Post
It is worth whatever someone will pay....seriously. It is not like you can just find this floating around on pbn or ebay.
Yeah, I know this is true, that's why he is hoping for it to bring some decent money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock_averill View Post
I'd guess around $700 with the market the way it is now. I wish I had the cash to make an offer.
My buddy is in the market to sell(or testing the waters at least) but I know he'd be loosing money at a price like that! I hope that price is not too accurate...or doesn't stay that way.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:13 AM #5
mpodesta
Dude has 1 Hand

mpodesta has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Smoothie* View Post
My buddy is in the market to sell(or testing the waters at least) but I know he'd be loosing money at a price like that! I hope that price is not too accurate...or doesn't stay that way.
unfortunately, the Market for Vikings and Excals is rubbish right now. Several good guns for very decent prices have just been sitting or going for below their asking $$.

the possible saving grace is that their currently no other highlanders on the market.

I would agree with 700-800 with the way the market currently sits, If he can hold out for awhile at a higher price, I would
Old 08-24-2016, 08:52 AM #6
Pariel

Annual Supporting Member
It's not likely the market for these is going to get any better in the long run.

If he's holding onto it in hopes that he can get more money in the future, it's a fairly poor bet.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:58 AM #7
Phaelynar
Resident Jew

Phaelynar supports Ninja Paintball
Phaelynar supports Empire
Like others have said, you're probably not going to get more than $700 - $800 for it. I also don't think there is going to be this massive upswing in the market value for vikings by sitting on it either.

Yes there is a niche community that really likes AKA products, but it's not like the Autococker community which has a much larger following.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:10 PM #8
Toddles
Stuff

Toddles is a Supporting Member
Toddles supports Ninja Paintball
Interesting

But, I agree, today's market will probably fetch 7-800. Even at that price it might be slow to move.
Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 03:57 PM #9
*Smoothie*
Go Army

Double post. See below.

Last edited by *Smoothie* : 08-24-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:02 PM #10
*Smoothie*
Go Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodesta View Post
I would agree with 700-800 with the way the market currently sits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariel View Post
It's not likely the market for these is going to get any better in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelynar View Post
Yes there is a niche community that really likes AKA products, but it's not like the Autococker community which has a much larger following.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
Interesting
Thanks for all of your input, but dang! I would have thought at the very least it would be worth $1k. What's to say that the prices will not increase? I have seen the AKA cocker market fluctuate, but the Viking and Excalibur market has hovered and stayed where it currently is at. Why is that? It's not like there is a flooding of the market as there was a short few years ago. Can someone explain?
Old 08-24-2016, 05:31 PM #11
Pariel

Annual Supporting Member
The people who want Excals/Vikings no longer play paintball.

'Cockers are making a come back for other reasons (mostly pump but a little bit to the return of players to mech).
Old 08-24-2016, 05:37 PM #12
*Smoothie*
Go Army

Quote:

'Cockers are making a come back for other reasons (mostly pump but a little bit to the return of players to mech).
That's a shame as these things kick ***! I myself am in the market for a cocker. Hopefully I can pick one up soon.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:42 PM #13
Toddles
Stuff

Toddles is a Supporting Member
Toddles supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
I would agree with this.

Also my own personal thoughts:

The markers are 12 years old now. Parts support is now essentially limited to DC, and Jared can be hard to get ahold of in a timely fashion at times.

Back when I had a somewhat substantial AKA collection around 6 years ago...I don't recall me ever spending much more than around 7 or 8 bills when acquiring something. To me, I can spend 8 bills on something like this...or spend 4-6 bills on something like a G6R.
Toddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:43 PM #14
mpodesta
Dude has 1 Hand

Quote:
That's a shame as these things kick ***! I myself am in the market for a cocker. Hopefully I can pick one up soon.
I agree, just picked up a viking and excal for prices I could have only dreamed about a year or 2 ago.

GL with the cocker thing, just watched a 2k12 inline Merlin go for silly amount in BST, makes me want to build the 2nd body I have just to hock it
Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 PM #15
*Smoothie*
Go Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
I would agree with this.

Also my own personal thoughts:

The markers are 12 years old now. Parts support is now essentially limited to DC, and Jared can be hard to get ahold of in a timely fashion at times.

Back when I had a somewhat substantial AKA collection around 6 years ago...I don't recall me ever spending much more than around 7 or 8 bills when acquiring something. To me, I can spend 8 bills on something like this...or spend 4-6 bills on something like a G6R.
True but this technology is not antiquated by any mean. Plus these things can rip! I agree, the price compared to some of the new things is a drawback, but I tend to line to live in the past myself. Personally don't have anything newer than 06...to each their own I guess.

I have some business to work out with Jared myself...if only he would check his emails more often.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:54 PM #16
*Smoothie*
Go Army

Quote:
I agree, just picked up a viking and excal for prices I could have only dreamed about a year or 2 ago.

GL with the cocker thing, just watched a 2k12 inline Merlin go for silly amount in BST, makes me want to build the 2nd body I have just to hock it
See, I would own this thing if my buddy comes to term with the market, but once I tell him what these are going for I am sure he will just hang the thing back on his wall. He likes it too much to let it go for so little...sentimental reasons and all.

See I have a bunch of ideas for AKA merlins. If only I could get in touch with Jared and find someone to mill the projects that isn't charging an arm and a leg with decent turn around times. Only time will tell.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:20 PM #17
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

Annual Supporting Member
skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
Quote:
It was sold back to the original owner. He had to sell it during a divorce, and had been trying to find it ever since he got his finances back in order.

On a side note, where did the "2012 Round Body Merlin" name come from? The body kits were released in 2010.

skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List
MCB Feedback | Old PBN Feedback | CC Feedback | eBay Feedback
skinnyfatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:01 AM #18
mpodesta
Dude has 1 Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyfatguy View Post
On a side note, where did the "2012 Round Body Merlin" name come from? The body kits were released in 2010.
Couldn't tell you, neither the complete gun or the body kit I bought were marketed as such but i'm am no authority on cockers to say otherwise about the 2k12 title the seller posted
Old 08-25-2016, 08:40 AM #19
Pariel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
See, I would own this thing if my buddy comes to term with the market, but once I tell him what these are going for I am sure he will just hang the thing back on his wall. He likes it too much to let it go for so little...sentimental reasons and all.

See I have a bunch of ideas for AKA merlins. If only I could get in touch with Jared and find someone to mill the projects that isn't charging an arm and a leg with decent turn around times. Only time will tell.
I'm literallyworking on a project to make Merlin/autococker blanks right now, in order to start making custom bodies.

If you have ideas, feel free to PM me. I've got several designs on the drawing board, but nothing cut yet. I expect that will change in the next week or two, as I'll be making the first blank tonight.

One offs will probably be in the $400 range. For a run of bodies, I plan to be in the same range as Inception (~$300).
Old 08-25-2016, 11:31 AM #20
*Smoothie*
Go Army

Quote:
I'm literallyworking on a project to make Merlin/autococker blanks right now, in order to start making custom bodies.

If you have ideas, feel free to PM me. I've got several designs on the drawing board, but nothing cut yet. I expect that will change in the next week or two, as I'll be making the first blank tonight.

One offs will probably be in the $400 range. For a run of bodies, I plan to be in the same range as Inception (~$300).
Yes, I saw your thread about the extrusions and I am willing to pay up front for one of the blanks, but I am a little leery as I saw people tend to be looky-loos and don't actually pull the trigger. Will you still make the extrusions even if people don't preorder? Also, was there a decided upon length overall for those bodies(mini, full, etc)?

I have a great deal of things I would like to do, but I kind of figured the most I would do would be one-off stuff as that's my jam. So I will hit you up about some ideas I have and maybe some pictures of past milling projects?
Old 08-25-2016, 12:16 PM #21
spyderjunke
PBNation spy

Annual Supporting Member
spyderjunke donated to help Peyton Trent
spyderjunke supports our troops
spyderjunke supports Shocker RSX
Feedback

::::::::=============
::::::::=============