PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2015, 04:46 PM #1
Grazfather
AKA Owner

has been a member for 10 years
Need new hardware (2k4 viking)

I have been treating my viking poorly. First time cleaning in it over two years (only played with twice, granted, but still). The eye cover screws as so rusty I will probably have to file a slot to get them open. The rest are workable but getting run. I also stripped the trigger return screw because I forced it out without letting off the set screw.

Just wondering if there's a list of the specific screws I need somewhere, or a kit I can buy.

Also, how much are 2k4 vikings going for these days? SCM, ccm feedneck, tadao (unmilled).

finally, is dc customs still around? Are they still the go-to? I might want to ship my gun off for a proper tune up.

Thanks!

And the AKA forum is so nice as you really have to know something about paintball, rather than what is printed on the forums and in magazines, to even go to that forum. After all, most of the current genre of players have probably never even heard of AKA.
-Jack from Planet Eclipse
Grazfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2015, 05:03 PM #2
Ink drinker

Yep, DC is still up and running.http://destructivecustoms.com/

In fact, Destructive Customs is now running AKA.

You can purchase replacement screw kits through DC. http://destructivecustoms.com/index.php?id=104

Feedbackhttp://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=346218
Ink drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:19 PM #3
Grazfather
AKA Owner

Fantastic! Thanks a lot.

Another question: I have a JMJ 'tentacle' trigger. I cannot for the life of me remove it. I have removed the short set screw where the trigger pivots and tried to hammer out the pin from the other side... No luck! I also noticed that if I tighten that set screw at all the trigger seizes. How? My assumption was that the trigger pivots around a pin in this hole, but looking at it, it looks like the entire pin has been turning with the trigger. The _only_ problem I have ever had with this marker is that the trigger gets jammed if i get shot in the trigger (It gets gummed up). I can move the steel pin closer to the magnet (What is normal the trigger return screw) but I'd rather be able to clean it.

How do I remove the trigger? Is it being a magnetic jmj trigger make the process different?

Thanks!

And the AKA forum is so nice as you really have to know something about paintball, rather than what is printed on the forums and in magazines, to even go to that forum. After all, most of the current genre of players have probably never even heard of AKA.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:21 PM #4
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have had this problem on other triggers that use ball bearings. I'm assuming yours does. Over time, and lack of cleaning will cause the trigger pin and ball bearing to seize together. I completely remove the frame, place on something soft, yet hard, like a piece of wood and use a punch to get the pin out.

Don't be afraid to hit it hard. You might have to smack it a few times to get it out. And I've gotten ones out and then the pin doesn't want to fit back into the bearings. It almost like they're just fractions of a size different. Currently buying new bearings and pins that will work together.
nlrunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:22 PM #5
Grazfather
AKA Owner

OK I will do that, but I will wait until I have replacements. Do you know where I can get them? Maybe I could just buy a new trigger from DC.

What confuses me, though, is that the pin is apparently rotating. How can it rate with a few grams of pressure but seize completely laterally?

Old 04-26-2015, 02:55 PM #6
MeuroM

Usually, bearing fit is a very light pressfit on a shaft. The bearing might not do its job anymore, being seized itself, and stuck onto the pin, so the pin would be held by the bearing and turning with it.

I am MorueM / Cocker's and AKA's aficionado..
Resurrected Swirl / Poop-O-type / RevengeV2 / Most of my AKA bunch
MeuroM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:11 PM #7
nlrunkle

Yep, ^ this. Punch that baby out and replace. And no DC does not sell ball bearing triggers that I know of. Course I haven't asked Jared either, so....
I found them on McMaster-Carr. Little over $5 each. I believe they are 1/4x1/8x.109.

Last edited by nlrunkle : 04-26-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:19 PM #8
Grazfather
AKA Owner

Great thanks a lot for the help guys I will buy a new ball bearing and punch the current pin out.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess akalmp is still a site. Anyone know somewhere else to buy it?

While I'm buying a bunch of stuff, where can I get the proper oil for my viking? My old bottle's lid cracked open and spilled everywhere

From the manual:
Quote:
Recommended lubricants: Extreme-lube from AKALMP. Under no
circumstances should you use Vaseline, WD-40, Grease of any kind (ie. NO
DOW 33), Engine Oil, 3-in-1, gun oils, and any similar oils. We do not
recommend other lubricants because we do not know what is in them.
It'd be nice if they told us what was in their oil haha.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:19 PM #9
Grazfather
AKA Owner

This looks like the bearing I need, but I will have to measure it when I get the little ****er pin knocked out. http://www.mcmaster.com/#57155K365

Old 04-26-2015, 07:14 PM #10
fsrxc1

AKA is still a site....DC owns AKA not just run it....If you need oil, check our site. It should be on DC

Monster Paintball- I Bleed GREEN
fsrxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:19 PM #11
Grazfather
AKA Owner

FWIW I couldn't find it on DC, but I wish I could 'cause I would have added it to my order (bought the SS hardware) to save on shipping.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:02 PM #12
nlrunkle

Search the threads, there was another guy just asking about aka oil. I believe the answer was standard hydraulic oil you can buy at autozone is what aka sold.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:08 PM #13
MeuroM

Dan said once that AKA oil was transmission fluid direct from Shell Oil without the coloring. Then said synthetic air-tool oil would work too.

I've been using synthetic air-tool oil for a while now. Was using ATF before, but didn't like the red color when I dropped some on my clothes. I'd say get synthetic something something.

I am MorueM / Cocker's and AKA's aficionado..
Resurrected Swirl / Poop-O-type / RevengeV2 / Most of my AKA bunch
MeuroM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:52 PM #14
nlrunkle

Maybe it was that and now I think the person posted the question on the Facebook pag now that I think about it.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:12 PM #15
Destructive Customs
AKA Tech

Annual Supporting Member
Destructive Customs supports our troops
I combine the shipping if I send them in the same few days and can ship together. I can add to yours if you like. I am packing tonight.
Wanted all below
Any Viking/ Excal bodies,03 eye covers, used cartridges
PM UL frame
Destructive Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:59 PM #16
Ink drinker

I ordered AKA extreme lube last week from the AKA website, and received it in 2 days. (Thank you guys!) Scroll down after opening this link: http://www.akalmp.com/misc.html

fsrxc1, sorry, I did not mean to understate the ownership of AKA. I just went with the "DC runs AKA" in reference to the welcome message on the AKA site. Thank's again

Feedbackhttp://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=346218
Ink drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:51 PM #17
Grazfather
AKA Owner

Looks like I missed the boat on getting the oil from DC. NBD I will try to find air tool oil or just order from the AKA website (you guys should add it to the DC website ).

I probably have everything I need. Thanks again for the help.