Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2011, 07:59 PM #43
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I'm still working my way through military stuff so I can't comment. I know I just make a small squad in the military menu and then move them around with the squad menu. Everyone is set for weapon of choice and metal armor. Past that, I don't have a clue.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM #44
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

My squad only has 4 guys in it right now. I just activate them long enough to stick them in the danger room and then deactivate them again.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 AM #45
zellthemedic
GRAAAAAAA

zellthemedic helped look for balloons
zellthemedic is playing at Living Legends III
zellthemedic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
zellthemedic is for the Gunfight
zellthemedic has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdenton69 View Post
God damn I hate my dwarves. One was taken by a mood and created legendary figurines of my starting 7 dwarves, worth 70k dwarf bucks, and then later, another was taken by a mood, created a copper sarcophagus, used the figurines to decorate the sarcophagus, and its only worth 12k total.
LMFAO. That's ****ing awesome.

UNITED STATES NAVY
zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:30 PM #46
HOSLAY3R
Prince of Biomass

Things are going good in the fortress, aside from a few dwarfs going berserk in which I had my military squad kill them immediately because I didn't have the materials they needed to create an artifact. Does anyone know how to assign an artifact to a certain dwarf or do they automatically find it on their own?

Also my dwarfs are complaining about stale water? I have 2 small lakes that I've assigned for drinking but no rivers or streams in my biome that I can link them to. Is there any other option for fresh water?

Tonight after work I think I am going to try finding a cavern for some rare minerals to mine.
HOSLAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:03 PM #47
HOSLAY3R
Prince of Biomass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdenton69 View Post
Depends what kind of artifact. If its furniture, just put it in the dwarfs bedroom. If its armor or a weapon, you have to go into your [m]ilitary screen, press [e]quip, where I'm 99% sure you can assign them specific weapons and armor, or don't assign it and a dwarf will pick it up and use if if they want.

Pumping water "cleans" it.

Awesome, Thanks for the info!
HOSLAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 PM #48
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I haven't played in a while now. I just played WAY TOO MUCH for about a week and burned myself out. Lots of free time this coming week so maybe I'll try and ease myself back into it.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:16 PM #49
jcdenton69
poo

Started my new fort without turtles because there were none for me to take. First dwarf that gets taken by a mood wants turtle shells.

jcdenton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:10 PM #50
jcdenton69
poo

Why didn't anyone warn me reclaiming a fort was such a pain in the ***?

Garbage everywhere that I have to manually claim or dump, I would rather just build a new fort.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:03 PM #51
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I never tried that before. Can't you just mass dump it like you do with stone? I guess that would take a long time with only the starting dwaves though.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:50 PM #52
jcdenton69
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
I never tried that before. Can't you just mass dump it like you do with stone? I guess that would take a long time with only the starting dwaves though.
you can, but everything is all over the map, and its even more of a pain in the *** because I build my fort on/in a volcano, 36 zlevels with garbage all over.

Luckily the lazy newb pack comes with dfhack utilities, ran dflair before I abandoned the fort, made it so the items don't go everywhere when you abandon the fort, you still have to reclaim everything though. Back up to 46 dwarves and the majority of them are still stuck hauling the old forts stuff around.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:19 AM #53
jcdenton69
poo

Goblin attacked the kitten, the kitten fought back, the goblin tried to dodge the attack and ended up falling down the side of a mountain.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:04 PM #54
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I remembered this game today!

10 minutes in while I'm still remembering how to play and where I left off on my old fortress and I get a double goblin ambush. I hid behind my drawbridge until the human caravan in my fort was ready to leave so I had some backup. GOBLINS DEFEATED. It only took me 2 forts to survive the first attack.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 PM #55
jcdenton69
poo

If you abuse danger rooms (like I know you do) you shouldn't have to worry about ambushes or sieges, titans or forgotten beast.

I was able to hold all of the above off with 2 squads and only suffered a single injury. A goblin managed to punch a dwarf and knocked a tooth out.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:10 AM #56
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

I just take a really long time to get set up, so I never have my military fast enough. And I still haven't found any good metals anywhere, so that industry is nonexistent. I did request tons of steel and iron (bars and equipment) from the trade caravans, so hopefully that is enough to get everyone slightly geared.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:28 PM #57
jcdenton69
poo

in my "current" fortress (haven't played since I posted those pictures above), all I had to work with was copper and maybe ~20 pieces of iron until I dug down deep enough to find the adamantine vein. Copper was good enough to keep me alive during the first few ambushes and when I went cave exploring. Copper axes are kind of junk though, I noticed that they very rarely sever limbs, even mere iron outperformed copper by a lot when it comes to axes.

I always depart with 2 pure miners, and a third dwarf multiclassing as a miner and something else, and I sometimes cheat and use dfprospector to tell me what kind of metals are on my map. I have to get my metal industry up as fast as possible, and get my first full 10 man squad going by the 3rd or 4th migrant wave.