Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-04-2017, 07:59 PM #1
Rlb123

Dad looking for pod/ tank harness that fits kids

Kids (3 of them)and I have recently gotten into paintball. We are all hooked. I've been trying to find a harness that will fit the kids so I can run a remote for them to lesson the weight of the marker for them. Most of the harnesses look like they will fit an adult just fine. Problem is my kids are all young (8-11) and on the small thin side. Anyone have any experience with something that will fit the properly? I like the elastic sided kind that are set up like a back brace to keep it tight. The snap clip kind seems like it would be floppy and not fun to run or move around in much. Any help or experience appreciated.
Rlb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2017, 10:05 PM #2
ekkthree
Hurry up and relax

Annual Supporting Member
ekkthree owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ekkthree plays in the APPA D5 division
ekkthree has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ekkthree has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ekkthree has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ekkthree supports Ninja Paintball
Yes to the giant velcro type. They are very snug.
Cant help you with vrands and sizing, but you could try a harness with suspenders. Milsim type, that allow you to run a remote, exist

Rotor shell
GoPro Hero3 Black
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=5507321
ekkthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:18 PM #3
Nosaj2189

Annual Supporting Member
I know the valken fate series has quite a bit of velcro on the belt for a snug fit.

Also, the 2 pod holders such as https://www.ansgear.com/Empire_2_Pod...e2podpouch.htm
You can simply slide the 2 pod holders over any belt.

They also make tank pouches for the tactical vest ( not sure but you may be able to use them the same was as the 2 pod holders). Or simply get them a small vest with molle webbing and you can attach pretty well anything you can think of to them with the added benefit of padding.
Nosaj2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:49 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

I know at one point, Tippmann made a 2+1 harness. It has 2 pod holders then a center pocket for a tank. The down side is that it does use a simple belt instead of those big elastic-sided velcro straps. Personally, I have never used the Tippmann 2+1 or know if they are even available. However, you could use whatever "belt" you wanted with them so maybe getting those actual back braces that fit the Kiddos would work.

If you are (or know) someone that is handy with a sewing machine (or needle and thread), you could always pick up a regular 4+1 harness and either sew on extra velcro if the velcro that comes on them don't line up - or take in some of the belt with by sewing up some slack on each side.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:31 AM #5
Rlb123

I'm gonna try a 4+1 harness and do away with 2 of the pod holders. My sis is good with a sewing machine so I think we will take the two outside pod holders away to shrink the over all size. I'll post when I see how it turns out.
Rlb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:00 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlb123 View Post
I'm gonna try a 4+1 harness and do away with 2 of the pod holders. My sis is good with a sewing machine so I think we will take the two outside pod holders away to shrink the over all size. I'll post when I see how it turns out.

I would think it should be simple enough to take in some slack to get a decent fit. You could just fold over the material on itself (separately for each side) and sew together.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote