Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: If psp and the nppl merged together would you rather see them use semi or psp ramp?
PSP 12.5 ramp 42 38.53%
NPPL semi 15 capped 58 53.21%
Niether, my answer is below. 9 8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2011, 05:39 PM #22
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etek3Baller View Post
Ramp is hurting paintball in general. Focusing on semi would improve both skill and the health of the sport. I believe that manufactures would focus more on the quality of the triggers and the feel of guns if it was semi, because the feel of a gun and trigger is vital in semi.

Just my .02

Semi definitely takes more skill to master to get high ROF's and consistent high ROF, however in the name of rules fairness I have to say ramping is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
Given how hard it is to effectively police firing modes, bounce, and cheater boards, capped ramping is clearly the better solution. The whole "ramping scares players away" argument is nonsense - any experienced NPPL player will be shooting well beyond 12.5 bps consistently even in pure semi.
^^ this.

I wouldn't mind seeing the speed brought back up to 13.3. 15 always felt excessively fast, 10 was excessively slow. 12.5 is fine so would 13.3 be.

I think ramping however is the way to go to keep the playing field as level as possible.

I would ideally like to see both formats remain, Xball and NPPL 7-Man.
While 7-Man Xball may be neat, I think we'd lose a lot of teams who were uninterested in the Xball format in general. In addition I don't think it would be practical for as many teams.
This is where the problem arises for the teams that play both formats. Do you have it a week long event again and have 3 days of 7-Man and 3 days of Xball? Do you have the event run at the same time and tell the teams that want to be play both formats they need to find more players?

I don't think there is an easy solution, but I hope this works out for a major win for the industry. It would be nice to see the media coverage from 7-Man come to Xball. Just my .02
DriverJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2011, 09:37 PM #23
yella
RAMPAGE

yella owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yella is for the Gunfight
I say Xball, with no coaching at 12.5 ramp. I play both formats, and enjoy them both, but choose one, and be done with it. Simplify the options, get the pricing into reality, and have 150 teams at each event!
yella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:16 PM #24
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by yella View Post
Simplify the options, get the pricing into reality, and have 150 teams at each event!
Boom

The price to play a PSP event is ridiculous considering the prizes are garbage. From 2006-2009, there were tons of teams at each PSP event and the numbers stayed pretty much the same over the years. In 2010, they dropped significantly. They need to reestablish the perceived value of a national tournament, because right now they look like a waste of money.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:38 PM #25
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
I feel ramping is hurting paintball. It makes players rely on rof more than accuracy. I also feel that ramping was some sort of idea with paint sales in mind. obviously, companies making more profit could help paintball, but I would rather guns be made with comfort, effeicancty and accurancy over ROF. like old school paintball (mech guns and other electros w/no eye used to be goodenough) paint as well, could get a whole lot better. hydrotech has a good idea, but it says .003 thousands of an inch variancies with size. not much better than agood case of evil or dxs hellfire. but its cool the shell wont react to moisture or heat as much. also there should be a better way to play high competition tourneys. 2.5 K for entry is just insane, yes u get a refs/great airfills/trade show but it turns alot of players away. i wish the PSP or NPPL didnt have as much D4 and D3 options to help keep local tourneys alive by limiting those players to local games until they reach d2 or higher level of play. local tourneys are almost non existant around here, but used to be phenominal.

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:42 PM #26
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
Coaching also defeats the purpose of personal teamwork, gun fighting and tactics skill. its like u can just sit in ur bunker until ur coach says to pop out and shoot cuz the other aint looking.there shoudl only be communitcation between the alive players on the field. this is why NPPL whoops PSP anyday, semi auto and no sideline coaching, great way to let the new high end guns play with the old school style of play (the real paintball)

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:21 PM #27
Facker10
FreeAgentContractKiller

^^ AGREED. I hate how now you make a good move and everyone knows about it. Good thing they put an end to the coaching on the staging side, yet it dont help snake guys out much bc we r usually on the showtape. Ramping is definately a plus, i feel it keeps everyone even. If you want to go back to true semi you could have guys shooting 19+ bps and then you will really hear people complaining about overshooting.
Facker10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:07 PM #28
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facker10 View Post
^^ AGREED. I hate how now you make a good move and everyone knows about it. Good thing they put an end to the coaching on the staging side, yet it dont help snake guys out much bc we r usually on the showtape. Ramping is definately a plus, i feel it keeps everyone even. If you want to go back to true semi you could have guys shooting 19+ bps and then you will really hear people complaining about overshooting.
I think there just needs to be better policing for overshooting. It's really easy to stop shooting someone. Saying "I just have fast fingers" isn't an excuse. You can expect to get shot a lot in tournament play but anything over six or seven hits is excessive.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 PM #29
Draxxus5577
MillerJ

Draxxus5577 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Draxxus5577 supports Team VICIOUS
Draxxus5577 is for the Gunfight
Draxxus5577 supports DLX Technology
dont be a ***** and accept being over shot.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:27 AM #30
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxxus5577 View Post
dont be a ***** and accept being over shot.
If you accept overshooting you should be able to accept getting punched in the face by someone's teammate when he sees you shoot his snake player in the back of the head twenty times.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 AM #31
Draxxus5577
MillerJ

i do. i have a mask on. doesnt hurt as bad. your turn, sir.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:54 AM #32
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxxus5577 View Post
i do. i have a mask on. doesnt hurt as bad. your turn, sir.
I'm not so much worried about getting beat up as I am losing the several hundred dollars I just spent to play the damn tournament in the first place

Then again, everyone that posts here on the nation seems to be a professional MMA fighter or a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu so I may have my work cut out for me.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:31 AM #33
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I'm not so much worried about getting beat up as I am losing the several hundred dollars I just spent to play the damn tournament in the first place

Then again, everyone that posts here on the nation seems to be a professional MMA fighter or a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu so I may have my work cut out for me.
made my day.

Some people in this thread need to get out in the real world. Shooting someone 18 times in paintball, yes even in a tournament, does not make anyone but yourself and your mom think any higher of you.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:56 PM #34
Biggs2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post

lol this is great.

and draxxus is right though. just accept over shooting. its competition, if you aren't having a good time dealing with it. rec ball and scenarios may suit you better.
Biggs2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:53 AM #35
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

I think we might just have different definitions of overshooting. Taking a few extra when getting bunkered or walking off the field is normal in tournament play, but when you just keep shooting someone who is obviously out just to be a dick, you're asking for trouble.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:11 AM #36
(dr)
deft

has been a member for 10 years
(dr) plays in the PSP
(dr) is an NCPA player
(dr) plays in the APPA D4 division
ramping is a joke and im pretty sure it was instituted to allow paint makers to sell a minimum at events.
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 AM #37
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by (dr) View Post
ramping is a joke and im pretty sure it was instituted to allow paint makers to sell a minimum at events.
because 12.5 bps ramp makes you shoot way more paint than 15 bps semi.
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:33 PM #38
Draxxus5577
MillerJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs2011 View Post
lol this is great.

and draxxus is right though. just accept over shooting. its competition, if you aren't having a good time dealing with it. rec ball and scenarios may suit you better.