PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 PM #1
Corbzz

Corbzz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I need help making a team.

I am getting prepared to present a new idea to my high school. A paintball team. I need help trying to convince them to support the idea and endorse us as a school sport. Ive got a powerpoint presentation showing what paintball is how its played and what we want to do and how it can benifit the school. In the powerpoint i go over how its one of the safest sports and how the Sporting Goods Manufacturer's Association estimates that over 10 million people play the game in the United States annually, with 1.9 million playing at least 15 times a year.Im going to tell them that im not looking for money but were just looking to be recognized and how we would go to NCPA tournys . I made this thread to ask for ideas to convince them to let us have a team. Any help would be greatly appriciated and i need some people who have already asked their school about a paintball team. Thanks!

EDIT: If this isnt in the right section just tell me and ill delete it.

Last edited by Corbzz : 11-26-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Corbzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2011, 08:11 PM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
You don't need to be an official sport. Just being a club is where you get started. If you present it that you want to be recognized as a sport, the school may think that you are looking for help in funding for team jerseys and for a paid coach.

Make it a school club instead. Al you should need for a club to get approved it some members and a teacher/faculty to agree to be in charge.

As for playing NCPA, all you need to play the HS division is to have all of the players be from the same high school. School id cards are usually checked at events, so make sure everyone has one. For more info on the NCPA, I would visit the website or find Chris Rahle here on PBN. He is often in the NCPA tournament section and is very willing to help any new school start a club/team.

I would suggest proposing the idea for the club to be recreational paintball so that anyone can be interested in joining. From those people, you can see who would interested in playing competative tournament paintball. The players who already do or who are already interested will know what it takes. Those who don't may not and will either choose to stay with rec ball or may be interested in learning how tournament ball works. From there, you can build a team.

Good luck to you and if you have nay other questions or concerns, find and ask chris. If you can't find him, feel free to drop me a pm and I can answer it or find chris.

Josh

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote