Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
What did punkworks have to say about the design? If you can tell us that is.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 AM #548
y0da900
Nerdivore

Bryce never got a chance to test it, that's what the huge delay was. He changed jobs and didn't have the time to test things like he was anticipating.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:12 PM #549
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900
Bryce never got a chance to test it, that's what the huge delay was. He changed jobs and didn't have the time to test things like he was anticipating.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:32 PM #550
rkenders
Northern Colorado

I love upgrades! I want one.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM #551
cjballer87

i have a g3 and interested when you guys finally develop your product. hit me up once its done. if stats look good ill be interested
Old 05-29-2012, 07:36 PM #552
nguyen4524
Cool and Calm

nguyen4524 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
nguyen4524 is for the Gunfight
nguyen4524 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nguyen4524 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjballer87 View Post
i have a g3 and interested when you guys finally develop your product. hit me up once its done. if stats look good ill be interested
Or you could stick around the thread. I believe they are doing the work on the bolt, the least you could do is contact THEM when they say it's finished.

On another note, I'm dying of anticipation. Can't wait to see what the testing says, it'll be nice to tell someone with a high-end marker that I'm getting better efficiency than them.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 PM #553
van457

Any news on testing results yet?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 PM #554
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by van457
Any news on testing results yet?
No
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 AM #555
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyen4524 View Post
Or you could stick around the thread. I believe they are doing the work on the bolt, the least you could do is contact THEM when they say it's finished.

On another note, I'm dying of anticipation. Can't wait to see what the testing says, it'll be nice to tell someone with a high-end marker that I'm getting better efficiency than them.
Or have somebody with a Luxe or Geo say, "Damn that G4 is so quiet! Mind if I shoot it a few times?" Then you walk over to the chrono and shoot 280,281, 280,279, 280, 280 and their mouth drops as you get better consistency than their $1300 gun.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:02 AM #556
nguyen4524
Cool and Calm

nguyen4524 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
nguyen4524 is for the Gunfight
nguyen4524 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nguyen4524 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
Or have somebody with a Luxe or Geo say, "Damn that G4 is so quiet! Mind if I shoot it a few times?" Then you walk over to the chrono and shoot 280,281, 280,279, 280, 280 and their mouth drops as you get better consistency than their $1300 gun.
I'm almost close to that actually, rocking my SL3 regulator. I'll have to do some more extensive testing, but I'm getting about +/- 3.14157~3.14158 (gettin real technical up in here).
I'm just giddy for the efficiency man
Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 AM #557
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyen4524 View Post
I'm almost close to that actually, rocking my SL3 regulator. I'll have to do some more extensive testing, but I'm getting about +/- 3.14157~3.14158 (gettin real technical up in here).
I'm just giddy for the efficiency man
Has anyone heard of shaving off a little bit of the tail on a techt bolt to improve efficiency and lowering the reg pressure for the G3 and G4?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:13 AM #558
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
OLD_B4LL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OLD_B4LL3R has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OLD_B4LL3R supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
Has anyone heard of shaving off a little bit of the tail on a techt bolt to improve efficiency and lowering the reg pressure for the G3 and G4?
I have not, but please continue and intrigue me more.....

Zodiac ZR-1 Black/Green = Ninja 550psi Reg'd Crossfire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Ego10 DigiCam Midnight (Virtue OLED) = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
PE Geo2 Midnight = Ninja Air 68/4500 = Seed Rotor
Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
My YouTube . . BattleField Orlando
Old 05-30-2012, 05:12 AM #559
van457

Yea, I've done it on my g3 and my oldest son's g3, and this is why.On our bolt engine's I felt becuse of the back cap can that goe's into the gun air chamber there wasn't enough pressure on oring on plastic bolt stop, our's would sometimes eventualy losen during a day's play.I have a pair of digital micrometers so I took bolt stop and sanded face on boltstop (oring side) on flat surface making sure I took the same amount off all sides. I then took metal off bolt stem to get back to approx. same opening "dwell" so to speak. You don't want to take to much off becuse you want dump chamber to begin to open as oring gets close to front of breach past where ball drops in.Also, I feel techt dosen't R&D there stuff enough before it's put to market, hence "revisions" and "versions". Example: on all my bolt engine's installed in guns (3 g3's and 1 g4) on initial installation sail? oring on rear most part of bolt was too tight in my opinion. As far as I know, this is a stock oring the same as ring on stock bolt.Never checked dia. of techt bolt in this spot(ring slot location)vs. stock but it must be bigger. Check yours by inserting bolt and moving bolt back and forth in breach with your fingers, should move REAL easy but not leak air.So I put a SLIGHTLY smaller oring's on from a oring kit I got from compulsive, But the clearence between bolt and breach made me nervous, didn't want to scratch up breach. Wrapped 3-4 turn masking tape around bolt stem, chucked up bolt stems in drill press BY HAND, don't use key if you do this, gentle. Turned bolt shaving small amount off back of bolt (where rear oring meets breach)with file, clean up with fine sandpaper and fine steal wool 0000 as you turn it. You can also use metal polish like megiure's mag or sim. to polish bolt, I leave ano on mine vs. pooty bare aluminum style. I"ll have to measure bolt's to see what I bring them down to. If you try this remember you can alway's remove metal but not add. go slow.I tried a couple other things that got 2 of my g3's down to operating pressure of 140 psi but out of time now. will get back to that later.

Last edited by van457 : 05-30-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: mispelling's
Old 05-30-2012, 05:56 AM #560
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
I don't want to OT y0da's thread and his bolt,
Van457 please send me a PM. I have more questions or start another topic so I can discuss openly with you. (Other's can read and learn too that way.)

I am having a hard time visualizing what you are saying, with the TechT Bolt itself. I got the bolt stop part fine, but not sure why you'd sand it, other than to reduce the 1/16" it protrudes into the breach.

Thanks in advance for starting a new thread....

Dye DM9 Champagne (Pooty51 Polished Bolt / Virtue OLED) = Ninja Reg'd CrossFire 70/4500 = Seed Rotor
Old 05-30-2012, 06:47 AM #561
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Due to the fact that I posted my mod question in the wrong thread (sorry folks!), I have created a new thread just for modding the Techt bolt.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post75688304
Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 AM #562
van457

addendum to my first post. I forgot to mention that lack of pressure on G3bolt engine bolt stop ring is due to can being too long (IMO) and almost all the way to front of bolt stop ring. You have to sand about a 1/32" or so off can to squeeze bolt stop ring.This is not nessesary for bolt function, I just wanted more pressure on bolt stop ring so engine is more snug in gun. If you do this you will have to shorten bolt stem so your dwell is the same. All this work just to snug bolt stop oring so it may not be worth it to you, I don't know if I would do this again for No real performance improvements. ON THE G4,there is an extra oring in rear of breach, you can't really play with this bolt stop as you won't cover internal breach ring and you will get a leak. Now, on to gun pressure.When we got my son's g3 some years back, upon taking gun apart to see how it worked and to clean crap dp lube off and lube solenoid etc. I noticed 2 things. Small volume of air stored to fire ball(yea it's not sealed off during firing)and small air inlet (IMO) to feed air to this area. Now, a larger volume of air to fire a ball requires lower pressure,(e.g. d.p. threshold)and a small volume of air requires higher pressure. So,on the g3 you need to increase air storage/fire chamber volume. This is what I did. From tippmann parts I bought some 90 degree barbed air fittings with 10/32 thread and a 1/8 i.d. barb which works with the heavier tippmann response hose. I tapped g3 on left side of gun just above reg. port where reg screws to gun with 10/32 thread. I then tapped firing can area also on left side to firing can area (THINK AGD HOSE LINE). There is a cut out down low in firing can area(inside gun) avoid tapping here were it's thin, go above this. Try to aim barbs straight at each other. Use BLUE locktite on barb threads. mount hose on one barb, pull taught, and cut hose with razor blade. You may want to cut hose a little short of where it will but up against elbow of sq. 90 degree part so you can pull it taught on barbs. Then I put a reg. extender (i use c.p. regs.)on reg threads on gun then mount reg. to reg extender.Reg. extender is now your post reg. stored air pressure connected via hose to air can area, Thus more volume of stored air per shot. When I first did this (been years now, trying to remember)I think gun ran around 175 psi before hose installed(bolt engine). After first hose, operating pressure dropped about 25 psi. to 150 psi. after second hose installed on right side of gun, pressure dropped about addtional 10 psi leaving me at about 140 operating pressure. One hose is all that is called for IMO. DO THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK YOU MAY RUIN YOUR GUN. In worst case scenario you can always put 10/32 allen set screws in tapped holes if you have a problem. Let BLUE locktite dry for 24 hrs.I still get some leaks (small)if I touch hoses with my hand while I'm playing. I put a rubber bike grip (wal mart) at the top of reg. extender with flange at top, kind of shields hose/fittings and I like a bigger dia to grab onto at reg area anyway. Yea, grip looks stupid but I don't care, I'll take function over looks any day.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:06 PM #563
asfaraslogic
Professional Hater

Please post pictures
Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 PM #564
rkenders
Northern Colorado

van457,

This is the wrong thread for this stuff. Post it in the new thread I just started. See the below link. Also post pictures and possibly explain what you did better. It is quite difficult to follow what you are saying. I work with Macdev on gun designs so I'm no dummy, but I have no idea what you are describing.

POST Techt modding here:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post75688304
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 PM #565
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Woah.

I wonder who that sauce guy is. Looks like Tim wasn't too happy. ;d

Finally got the prototype back to y0da and he should be receiving my G4 shortly. Everything is still moving along. We hope to have a video up shortly that will substantiate a few claims.

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of: Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Old 05-30-2012, 01:36 PM #566
van457

Will post anything new in new thread
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 PM #567
OLD_B4LL3R
www.teamoddity.com

Annual Supporting Member
Come on Deathwish_DW killing me here with anticipation buddy!!!

Closed Thread