PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 PM #1
kamikaze!!!

kamikaze!!! owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kamikaze!!! supports Sherwood Forest
viewloader vlocity humming?

I got my new viewloader vlocity in the mail the other day and when i took it out to test it I noticed that whenever I am not shooting the loader makes a sort of a humming noise so I was wondering if there is anything that I could do to stop the humming?
kamikaze!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2011, 08:59 PM #2
Sand6452
Lainway Sports Rep

Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
I'm pretty sure the motor does that for X amount of minutes/seconds. I think so at least, its been a long time since I've had one though.

Wilkes University Paintball
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:28 AM #3
.Outlaw.
Dustin Powell

.Outlaw. owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
.Outlaw. plays in the APPA D4 division
.Outlaw. is Legendary
.Outlaw. is Boss
It's completely normal. Depending on what you have your tension settings as, it will continue to do it or will stop after a little bit (then will start again after you activate it by shooting, repeat). I think if you have it on tension setting 1, it won't do it at all... It's been a long time since I've used a VLo so I don't remember the exact settings, but I do know that humming is completely normal.

"Originally posted by dehr: anything i post Chis Hansen is probably recording"

SOFT GOODS SALE
.Outlaw. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:01 AM #4
peachesarenottasty

peachesarenottasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesarenottasty supports Team VICIOUS
peachesarenottasty supports Pev's Paintball
peachesarenottasty has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes, humming is completely normal. All I really use is my vlocity and I love it. Keep the tension at 1 and you will get no humming at all, and be careful that you don't break the button otherwise it'll change tension settings by itself like mine does.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:31 AM #5
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Outlaw. View Post
It's completely normal. Depending on what you have your tension settings as, it will continue to do it or will stop after a little bit (then will start again after you activate it by shooting, repeat). I think if you have it on tension setting 1, it won't do it at all... It's been a long time since I've used a VLo so I don't remember the exact settings, but I do know that humming is completely normal.
That's correct, with setting # 1, it will not hum at all. With all of the other settings, the motor will pulse, putting varying degrees of tension on the clock spring. This is to provide some speed if you suddenly need to shoot a fast burst; it provides tension on the stack before the motor kicks in to full speed. However, the higher the setting, the louder the sound, and the more it drains battery life.

With setting number 1, it simply turns the motor on when the eyes detect a gap in the ball stack, just like a Revvy, only with force. It's important to note that the loader has the SAME top speed on setting 1 as it does on setting 8 (full power.) It just takes it a little longer to go from zero to 15bps on setting 1. That said, it takes like 3/4 of a second to accelerate that fast, as opposed to instantly on setting 8.

The reason I posted all that is that it's kind of a pet peave of mine - people turning their Vlocities all the way up and then whining about the noise and poor battery life. They just don't understand how the thing works. The thing works fine on setting 1, and you'll have none of those problems, and for most people, will supply adequate firepower off the break. (Battery life isn't great, but A LOT better on setting 1.) The Vlocity is one of the nicest loaders I've ever owned, design-wise. Unfortunately, I fried two boards in mine and gave up on it.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:00 PM #6
xjjjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze!!! View Post
I got my new viewloader vlocity in the mail the other day and when i took it out to test it I noticed that whenever I am not shooting the loader makes a sort of a humming noise so I was wondering if there is anything that I could do to stop the humming?
Keep it on setting one, provided you have a chip capable of changing settings. If you don't it's worthwhile to upgrade for the battery savings.

Getting rid of this humming noise is one of the things you pay for when you buy a superloader.
xjjjay is offline   Reply With Quote