ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-21-2014, 11:56 AM #1
gadjr
No pain -- No gain

has been a member for 10 years
gadjr has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
gadjr supports Empire
Who is at the SoCal APL?

Any Colorado teams in SoCal this weekend for the APL event?
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2014, 01:59 PM #2
gadjr
No pain -- No gain

gadjr supports Empire
Looks like the Colorado Dragons are on the schedule; any others?
Old 02-21-2014, 02:57 PM #3
Paper_or_Plastic

Paper_or_Plastic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paper_or_Plastic supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadjr View Post
Looks like the Colorado Dragons are on the schedule; any others?
I would be surprised if anyone else went. I would be surprised if more than one or two teams went to Dallas even. To be completely honest I don't understand the draw of the APL. I mean the psp is about $800 more but looking at that just spread across a full team, that's about $100 more a person roughly for a what seems like a vastly inferior product. I mean I am going to play the APL when it comes to Blitz because that's going to be cool but don't understand travelling to one.

Last edited by Paper_or_Plastic : 02-21-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Paper_or_Plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:04 PM #4
gadjr
No pain -- No gain

gadjr supports Empire
It's just another/new national league so figured some teams would hop on-board. Who knows...
Old 02-24-2014, 09:41 AM #5
Hunter242

I play for the Dragons. We were the only team from Colorado out at the SoCal Open (we took 3rd in D4R2). It was actually a great event and the layout was very fun to play.

I agree that PSP does know a thing or two about running successful events, but an additional $800 divided between 5 people (we had no subs) is an additional $160 per person which could be the difference between a person who can or cannot afford to attend the event. When it is all said and done isnt it just about supporting the sport and getting out to play?

I happily welcome new leagues just for the fact that it means more events are available and more teams are able to get out and participate.
Hunter242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:22 PM #6
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter242 View Post
I play for the Dragons. We were the only team from Colorado out at the SoCal Open (we took 3rd in D4R2). It was actually a great event and the layout was very fun to play.

I agree that PSP does know a thing or two about running successful events, but an additional $800 divided between 5 people (we had no subs) is an additional $160 per person which could be the difference between a person who can or cannot afford to attend the event. When it is all said and done isnt it just about supporting the sport and getting out to play?

I happily welcome new leagues just for the fact that it means more events are available and more teams are able to get out and participate.
Umm d4 race to 2 in psp was $1000 before early bird deadline last year.

You're thinking of xball where yes the entry is more but you get a hell of alot more points and you basically have to have at least 7 guys.

I will support the apl when they come to Colorado but no way can I justify flying to an event when there are only 30 teams total for the whole event.
Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:18 PM #7
gadjr
No pain -- No gain

gadjr supports Empire
Everyone is always going to have an opinion about things, I was just wondering. Honestly, it seems like there are so many people with bad blood for the APL, saying it's going to fail and that SoCal will be the first and LAST event and all this. I don't get it. Competition is what keeps everything in life going. Why is it a bad thing to have another league? Okay, so they only had 30 teams total - it's a new league, it was a first event, it was the beginning of the season, ect.

I'm just sitting back and watching to see how they do. I think it would be cool if there was another successful national league out there.