Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:26 PM #64
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
http://jalopnik.com/5826855/how-audi...-for-gm-f+bomb

$111K for an RS5? Audi is fully embracing the apple pricing/marketing strategies.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 PM #65
B-RADD
Sassy

M3 you flip cars right?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...4v-Black-Black

Seems like a good deal for something you could probably fix.

Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up, I close my eyes

Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 PM #66
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

Should I have someone install my exhaust, or should I attempt to do it myself? Only parts I'm worried about is the downpipe and rusted bolts.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 AM #67
Alan777
Tree Fitty

That's why they invented cutoff wheels.

Id diy it
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old 08-04-2011, 09:53 AM #68
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

Hm, my dad probably has one laying around. Will check with him tonight.

EDIT:

The downpipes seem like they're a ***** and a half to get out.

Last edited by MrSmartyParts5 : 08-04-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM #69
x_morpheusb24_x
Powerslide Powerslide

x_morpheusb24_x is a Supporting Member
****, bearing won't be arriving in time to replace today. Boooo ECS Tuning.
Team Adrenaline Crisis
My Feedback
Old 08-04-2011, 12:55 PM #70
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

****, just took the S4 emblem off the front grill and lost one of the clips in the engine bay, lulz. I had no clue how it came off, so I just pushed on one of the clips with a screwdriver (this is what I've read to do) and the whole thing popped off. Found the emblem underneath my car, but it only had one clip attached. Oops...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 PM #71
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Ordering these bad boys tomorrow with black calipers and matching rear rotors:
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 08-04-2011, 11:04 PM #72
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

Drool.

How much are you paying for them?
Old 08-05-2011, 01:01 AM #73
Hammi
wibbly wobbly

Hammi helped look for balloons
ricer.
really is true, then there would be little hope for advance”
Old 08-05-2011, 07:12 AM #74
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

what size are they?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 08-05-2011, 10:39 AM #75
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Good choice on black calipers. Red is gay
1994 BMW 325is
Old 08-05-2011, 10:41 AM #76
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

true. yellow is cool though.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 08-05-2011, 11:32 AM #77
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

OmNom, just found a set of 18x9 Rota G Forces in gold on AZ. Let's hope he doesn't want a stupid amount of money for them.

I wonder what Santorin + gold/bronze would look like They're sexy, though.

EDIT:

I just went to get an estimate to have my hood refinished (there is a tiny little paint chip on it where it looks like the previous owner closed the hood on a wrench, or something, which made the paint crack and spread a little bit) and my trunk refinished (previous owner used some glue for the Audi rings which has sunk into the paint and I have yet to get it off (I have yet to find a store that sells the 3M Adhesive Remover wheel), so I was going to see if they could just sand down the area where the rings were and repaint it because I really don't want to put the rings back on. Anyways, I realize this is a dealership and they do ****ing excellent work, I know from experience, but they wanted $3,500 for the hood because they'd also have to paint the front bumper (chipped to ****, but I've learned to live with it...it's a 10 year old car), fenders, and doors. Then they wanted another $1,000 for the trunk. I'm like "Yeah, I'll just go spend $4,500 to have my whole car painted any color I want. Thanks anyways" and left. $4,500 to fix a couple cosmetic blemishes? I realize it'll look a hell of a lot better than a little "Mom and Pop" shop, but that's ****ing ridiculous...

Last edited by MrSmartyParts5 : 08-05-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:23 PM #78
jesters22

jesters22 plays in the PSP
jesters22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jesters22 plays in the APPA D1 division
jesters22 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well if u want ur car painted correctly they have to blend the fenders and bumper. Otherwise it will lookike trash. Paint fades over time. 3500 is alot but they do have to blend the car. Should b like a 1500 to 2000 job total.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:26 PM #79
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
what size are they?
355mm. 6 piston. Originally I was going to do the steel RS6 brakes but they would not fit under my winter wheels and I am not running anything larger than 18"s in the winter around here.

Agreed on the red. Red brakes are way overplayed IMO. I like yellow/blue but this is my DD and I'd prefer to look nice and subtle.

Paying ~$3000.00 and that includes front kit, rear rotors/pads/lines, and a 3 pack of Motul RBF 600 brake fluid.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 08-05-2011, 06:33 PM #80
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmartyParts5 View Post
OmNom, just found a set of 18x9 Rota G Forces in gold on AZ. Let's hope he doesn't want a stupid amount of money for them.

I wonder what Santorin + gold/bronze would look like They're sexy, though.

EDIT:

I just went to get an estimate to have my hood refinished (there is a tiny little paint chip on it where it looks like the previous owner closed the hood on a wrench, or something, which made the paint crack and spread a little bit) and my trunk refinished (previous owner used some glue for the Audi rings which has sunk into the paint and I have yet to get it off (I have yet to find a store that sells the 3M Adhesive Remover wheel), so I was going to see if they could just sand down the area where the rings were and repaint it because I really don't want to put the rings back on. Anyways, I realize this is a dealership and they do ****ing excellent work, I know from experience, but they wanted $3,500 for the hood because they'd also have to paint the front bumper (chipped to ****, but I've learned to live with it...it's a 10 year old car), fenders, and doors. Then they wanted another $1,000 for the trunk. I'm like "Yeah, I'll just go spend $4,500 to have my whole car painted any color I want. Thanks anyways" and left. $4,500 to fix a couple cosmetic blemishes? I realize it'll look a hell of a lot better than a little "Mom and Pop" shop, but that's ****ing ridiculous...
Why not just put rings back on truck, it looks better anyways imo. And it doesn't cost a thousand dollars.

As far as the front end, that's ****ing expensive. I got my front end resprayed for ~600 and that was a decent job after i detailed it. ( PPG paint, but they didn't wetsand/buff it) I'd shop around, a dealership is always going to be really expensive. I'd agree with jesters on the pricing. And I know a lot of "mom and pop" painters that do the best work around. It's not the size of the shop, it's the people working there.

As far as it "only being a few blemishes" it doesn't matter. They're still sanding down and repainting.
1994 BMW 325is
Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 PM #81
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesters22 View Post
Well if u want ur car painted correctly they have to blend the fenders and bumper. Otherwise it will lookike trash. Paint fades over time. 3500 is alot but they do have to blend the car. Should b like a 1500 to 2000 job total.
I know it has to be blended, but $3,500 for just the front end? I could get my whole car painted for that. Might not be professional grade, but it'd be good enough to not know the difference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
Why not just put rings back on truck, it looks better anyways imo. And it doesn't cost a thousand dollars.

As far as the front end, that's ****ing expensive. I got my front end resprayed for ~600 and that was a decent job after i detailed it. ( PPG paint, but they didn't wetsand/buff it) I'd shop around, a dealership is always going to be really expensive. I'd agree with jesters on the pricing.
I don't know, I love the look of a B5 trunk with just the S4 emblem, no rings. Right now, it looks like ****. If it was just adhesive, it'd be gone. But it's glue, and even then if it were removed it still wouldn't look good. It looks like the previous owner had the top of the trunk resprayed and, when doing so, the hack that painted it just taped around the rings (you can tell because the paint sort of ramps up to the outer edge of the rings. Hardly noticeable, but I can and that's all that matters

The only way I know of fixing that correctly is having the trunk resprayed again, but since they have so sand down the glue and fix the hack's mistake, it's going to cost close to $1,000. I can probably find a place to do it quite a bit cheaper, but I'm afraid of it not looking good...

Plus, most of the reputable body shops all charge about the same price, whether it's just a body shop, or a dealer. I'm going to check out a couple body shops for estimates this weekend and see what they say.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 PM #82
Alan777
Tree Fitty

If it's glue sitting on the paint, a detailer may be able to wetsand/buff it off. Wetsanding would probably take the paint "line" off the trunk as well, and blend the previous respray in better.
1994 BMW 325is
Old 08-05-2011, 06:44 PM #83
MrSmartyParts5 (Banned)
Forum BOSS

According to the guy that did my estimate, "Oh yeah, it looks like the glue has sunk into the paint." Whatever that means, it hurts to hear...
Old 08-05-2011, 07:28 PM #84
M3frontman
www.ranjerzproshop.com

http://matcotools.com/catalog/produc...EP/ERASER-PAD/

I see now, I see."
Closed Thread