Old 07-26-2011, 03:02 AM #3
NoShaDow
MC Historical Inaccuracy

NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow supports Team VICIOUS
NoShaDow is for the Gunfight
NoShaDow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes, higher end masks have better venting and thermal lenses to prevent fog. If you can't see the other team you can't shoot the other team

TCMilitia[center]

51st Orca Street Hustlers
NoShaDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:03 AM #4
sbpdood
Most Dope

sbpdood is playing at Living Legends V
sbpdood supports Team VICIOUS
sbpdood is for the Gunfight
sbpdood posts videos on PbNation
sbpdood supports Pev's Paintball
sbpdood has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah....it's what you see out of.
sbpdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 AM #5
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Masks make a massive difference. The lowend masks can distort what you hear, be bulky, hot, have poor ventilation (breathing), will fog up, and are uncomfortable.

As you buy higher quality masks, you'll feel and see the difference. It'll be lighter, more comfortable and feel better on your face, you can breathe more easily, not have to worry about it fogging or how long until the strap wrinkles up or worse, starts cracking up.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:16 AM #6
ck028

It's something you have to have to play. It needs to be comfortable because you have it on all the time. Picking a mask wisely is the best thing you can do. Try other people's on, see what feels good, what fits best to your face and head. Does it fog up? Choose wisely, try other people's on and see what fits and feels best.
ck028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:03 AM #7
habicabi
PCU

habicabi plays in the APPA D4 division
A nice mask makes all the difference in the world, honest to god.

What I always tell people: Purchase a mask that is comfortable to wear all day without removing it, has good view, doesn't fog, and has enough ventilation so you aren't huffing and puffing while playing.

For me it was the Sly Profit mask.

If you want a good mask for about 50 bucks, JT ProFlex
habicabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 AM #8
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Like said, high end masks are all around better. More comfortable, better venting, thermal lenses, etc.

Each mask is made a little different in terms of style and people chose the one that fits them best based on how they fit. For example is you have a smaller head, you would look at a mask like Dye I4s. If you had a bigger face, you wouldn't get I4s because they would be too small and wouldn't provide enough protection. You would look at Grillz, profits, profilers, or events.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:12 AM #9
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
big difference
Huge Difference
COLOSSAL DIFFERENCE!!!!!

As others have already said; venting, vision, profile, weight; all very important aspects of a quality mask

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:58 PM #10
neo2000x

neo2000x supports our troops
The mask is the most important piece of equipment in paintball. However, you don't need to pay a lot for a good mask. The Vforce Vantage for example is only $30 but it never fogs, offers good protection, and is very comfortable. The lense change mechanism is also super quick and easy.
neo2000x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:07 PM #11
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
Take a generic pair of safety glasses. Place some ceran wrap around them. Wear them for about an hour around the house. Now imagine doing that with a garbage paintball mask. Now imagine doing that with one that fogs up, and is overall uncomfortable.

Yes the mask makes a HUGE difference. I had an issue a couple weeks back with mine and had to use a spare from a friend. I was no where near the top of my game, and it showed.
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:51 PM #12
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuked View Post
Take a generic pair of safety glasses. Place some ceran wrap around them. Wear them for about an hour around the house. Now imagine doing that with a garbage paintball mask. Now imagine doing that with one that fogs up, and is overall uncomfortable.....
ROFL! This is too true.

As everyone else has said, masks make all the difference in the world. I tell customers all the time; a 'rental' with a good mask will outshoot a seasoned pro with a fogged mask 9 times out of 10; every other time, the rental is getting bunkered
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:54 PM #13
ProjectRC

ProjectRC has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
ROFL! This is too true.

As everyone else has said, masks make all the difference in the world. I tell customers all the time; a 'rental' with a good mask will outshoot a seasoned pro with a fogged mask 9 times out of 10; every other time, the rental is getting bunkered
Well said.
ProjectRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:42 PM #14
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
I'm trying to think of something that hasn't been said at least 5 times

Oh, the nicer ones look cooler.
Bam.
/thread.
Go out and buy a proflex or something already

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:48 PM #15
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

xXBloodLustACXx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo2000x View Post
The mask is the most important piece of equipment in paintball.
QFT. It should be your first upgrade. Forget a new barrel, new hopper, new gun - the difference between playing in a crappy old fogged mask and something light which never fogs and has a good field of view is unbelievable.

It will improve your game far more than any other upgrade can. I repeat these words which everyone else has already spoken because they're so true and so valuable. I wish somebody had told me this when I first started playing, I would have enjoyed paintball a lot more during those first few months.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:11 PM #16
pizzapowers
Insert something witty...

pizzapowers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pizzapowers is for the Gunfight
pizzapowers has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pizzapowers has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah trust these guys spend like 50-80 low end masks are a pain in the ***

Ashes Geo2 and Camo V3 Rotor For sale only
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3766057

The guns I've owned
2007 PMR-2006 Ego-Empire axe-2009 Impulse-2010 Ego-Macdev v2 clone-BL G6R-PE Geo2
Ask my advice on any of them!
pizzapowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:29 PM #17
EasyStreet (Banned)

EasyStreet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EasyStreet supports Team VICIOUS
Ego for sale clean 08 pm me
EasyStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 PM #18
Trixer00

Yeah dude...

The biggest thing I noticed switching from an old proto mask to the new dye i4s (not saying you gotta get those its just my case)

I can play harder and longer, cause I can breath in my mask, im not like "racing" to the time when I can take my mask off anymore... half the time I dont even care and I just leave it on...

So the thing I can say, is when you have a good mask you start thinking about the game and not how much a mask sucks and when can I take it off..

Get a good mask before a good marker, a marker will generally only last you a couple years before you want to start upgrading (just because you cant does not me you dont want to)

A mask will last you forever, you can replace the lenses and they are easy to clean. Its a small investment for a future of paintball...

Get a set of JT Pro Flexes, if you dont have a local shop around (always support your locals man, they work hard to bring you fun) you can get a build it your self kit at ansgear for like 60 bucks or something, easy like that.

I normally reccomend buying a meh marker for your first one, and spending the extra cash, that you save on a mask, tank, and hopper.

The reason is that those three things generally last you a while longer then a marker does, because they work across multiple markers.

If the marker you pick up is only like 75 bucks and does not come with the bells and whistles, but you get a good mask, hopper, and tank. You will be sitting pretty because next time you go to buy a marker (think birthday, or something) you wont have to split up your funds over multiple stuff so you can get a great marker!

I will never trade for, answer questions, or do I want anything to do with a marker that looks like a real weapon, they are a plague on the paintball community.

We are a sport and we must represent our selves that way, or immature and irresponsible people will ruin us!

The only thing a paintball player fights for is respect. Respect for the game, respect as a player, and respect as a team. We are not soldiers, warriors, or fighters. We are survivors!
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
Trixer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:10 PM #19
pizzapowers
Insert something witty...

pizzapowers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pizzapowers is for the Gunfight
pizzapowers has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pizzapowers has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixer00 View Post
Yeah dude...

The biggest thing I noticed switching from an old proto mask to the new dye i4s (not saying you gotta get those its just my case)

I can play harder and longer, cause I can breath in my mask, im not like "racing" to the time when I can take my mask off anymore... half the time I dont even care and I just leave it on...

So the thing I can say, is when you have a good mask you start thinking about the game and not how much a mask sucks and when can I take it off..

Get a good mask before a good marker, a marker will generally only last you a couple years before you want to start upgrading (just because you cant does not me you dont want to)

A mask will last you forever, you can replace the lenses and they are easy to clean. Its a small investment for a future of paintball...

Get a set of JT Pro Flexes, if you dont have a local shop around (always support your locals man, they work hard to bring you fun) you can get a build it your self kit at ansgear for like 60 bucks or something, easy like that.

I normally reccomend buying a meh marker for your first one, and spending the extra cash, that you save on a mask, tank, and hopper.

The reason is that those three things generally last you a while longer then a marker does, because they work across multiple markers.

If the marker you pick up is only like 75 bucks and does not come with the bells and whistles, but you get a good mask, hopper, and tank. You will be sitting pretty because next time you go to buy a marker (think birthday, or something) you wont have to split up your funds over multiple stuff so you can get a great marker!
Couldn't have said it better listen to this guy

Ashes Geo2 and Camo V3 Rotor For sale only
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3766057

The guns I've owned
2007 PMR-2006 Ego-Empire axe-2009 Impulse-2010 Ego-Macdev v2 clone-BL G6R-PE Geo2
Ask my advice on any of them!
pizzapowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:11 PM #20
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D4 division
plus they look cool

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.
eyeownyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:33 AM #21
felipumz

I have a Proto EL mask...It works ok for me. But it does fog up, that anti fog spray does help out though.
felipumz is offline   Reply With Quote