PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2011, 02:11 AM #1
xEmerican

xEmerican plays in the PSP
xEmerican plays in the APPA D4 division
Shipping first

I couldn't really find a section for this (no where really in BST) so i guess ill ask here.

On another forum, Im trading guns with someone, and i have agreed to ship first because of the rep and amongst other reasons.

since there is no money transaction going on, how can I protect myself in the case I get scammed? Im thinking there is not much but was wondering what you guys had to say about it.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2011, 02:21 AM #2
whoizsean
FOR THE NRG

whoizsean is playing at Living Legends V
whoizsean owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
whoizsean owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
whoizsean supports Team VICIOUS
3rd party services. Both parties ship to a 3rd party entity where they test and make sure everything is there then ship them to each of the other 2 parties.

Jokers Paintball
whoizsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:46 AM #3
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
If you don't want to use third party, then get all of the other trader's contact information. Give him yours as well. Get their name, address, email, phone number. Give them a call to make sure that someone is actually on the other side (sometimes there isn't). You can also check the information on the internet through search sites. Most of it is public access. Then just ship straight to them and you should get yours as well. If anything goes wrong, now you have ways to get ahold of them. If they don't respond to your messages, now you have information to give to police. Also, keep all of your private messages and any other recorded conversations you have had regarding the trade until the deal is complete.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 AM #4
Trixer00

If I ship first I make them scan me a copy of their drivers liscence, if they are not old enough to have one or don't I dont trade with them..

I will never trade for, answer questions, or do I want anything to do with a marker that looks like a real weapon, they are a plague on the paintball community.

We are a sport and we must represent our selves that way, or immature and irresponsible people will ruin us!

The only thing a paintball player fights for is respect. Respect for the game, respect as a player, and respect as a team. We are not soldiers, warriors, or fighters. We are survivors!
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
Trixer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:25 PM #5
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
also ship using insurance and delivery confirmation or signature confirmation. this way there is proof that it arrived and someone signed for it.
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:02 AM #6
dynamomark
BallzOut Paintball

dynamomark owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dynamomark supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixer00 View Post
If I ship first I make them scan me a copy of their drivers liscence, if they are not old enough to have one or don't I dont trade with them..
I myself would NEVER scan my license and send it to anyone. thats just foolish to give out that much info

you and they only need exchange basic contact information
name, physical address, and phone number

then just send it insured and request a signature of the particular person you are shipping it to. I know w/ USPS you can send it certified so they have to go to the post office and pick it up w/ identification or they dont get it.

][nvert Mini / Infinity Legend / ICD B2K4 w/ pds / Tippmann A5 / 2011 Mokal Aura / Spyder Advancer / GI Micro50 / Spyder Imagine / WGP Outkast Pump / WGP Prostock / DP E1 / Azodin Kaos
dynamomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:31 AM #7
aaaa1236
plop plop plop

aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Don't do this or expect anyone to do this.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 AM #8
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
That's a horrible idea and is ASKING to become a victim of Identity Theft.

The only real way to assure you dont get scammed is to use a third party website. Having their information isn't going to be of any real help to you. Many here have been victims of just such scams while they had all the persons contact info. If the person is in another state your local police aren't going to do anything to help and its extremely unlikely that their local police are going to be of much help either.

My advice....always go with a third party company.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote