Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2016, 03:41 PM #1
mueller
hypocriticizer

mueller is playing at Living Legends IX
mueller supports Ninja Paintball
have TAC warp body, want ULE (I think)

You guys and your archaic steel battleaxes have won me over, I've finally decided to keep an automag in my roster.

I've snagged an automag with a TAC body, right warp input. I have no intention to use warp/qloader, I move around too much so will probably unload those parts.

Question to you is:
Is that body an even swap situation, should I expect to add for a vert ULE or such vs. this TAC body?
Any huge functional differences in vert feed bodies out there?
I'm a DM14 shooter, brand new to AO. Any reason I might want this TAC body that I'm not thinking of yet? Or anything else I'm not thinking of? Granted that could be a long list hah
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2016, 07:09 PM #2
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home supports Ninja Paintball
Never been a fan of warp bodies.

Since the warp feeds are gone and parts are almost non existent people have started modding hoppers to sit on the side of the marker and feed a warp body.

The bodies are worth about the same as a vert feed ULE.

Try putting a WTT thread over on AO.

going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:20 PM #3
alpha_q_up23
Hug Supplier

seems to me like warp tacs are more valuable than warp ULE bodies, not sure why i feel that way... it really comes down to what people are willing to pay and no real advantage to use vert feed over warp feed, just how you want to configure your setup with a warp/qloader/hopper

alpha_q_up23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:41 AM #4
hobo in my trunk

hobo in my trunk supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by mueller View Post
You guys and your archaic steel battleaxes have won me over, I've finally decided to keep an automag in my roster.

I've snagged an automag with a TAC body, right warp input. I have no intention to use warp/qloader, I move around too much so will probably unload those parts.

Question to you is:
• Is that body an even swap situation, should I expect to add for a vert ULE or such vs. this TAC body?
• Any huge functional differences in vert feed bodies out there?
• I'm a DM14 shooter, brand new to AO. Any reason I might want this TAC body that I'm not thinking of yet? Or anything else I'm not thinking of? Granted that could be a long list hah
The Tac One body is worth more than a standard ULE body (ULE bodies from AGD ~$150, Tac One ~$200 [vf or warp, same pricing]). Warp bodies and vert feed bodies are identical in value, it is just that the vert bodies are an easier/faster sell due to being more mainstream. That being said, if you are looking to trade a Warp is harder to unload since few people own warps or q-loaders and the warp body is unusable without one. Plus warp left is usually preferred over warp right.That being put into consideration, I would look at even trades if you want to trade out quicker, even though the Tac One IS worth more.

No fuctional difference on any vertical feed stock aluminum body...factory ULE, Tac One, etc.
As far as aftermarket and modified bodies, aside from looks, there are only three potential differences over stock.
1) Some have dual ball detents. One on the left and one on the right. Stock vert bodies only have one on the right.
2) Some bodies may have been milled for eyes. Shouldn't apply to you. Only matters with EgoMag setups and the like. There will be two holes on either side of the breach that will be open/void if you aren't using eyes.
3) Some bodies may be pump milled. Again, shouldn't matter. Does not affect use as a normal semi Automag.

As for reasons to keep it...rarity (there aren't many Tac Ones out there let alone warp right ones) and if you want to utilize the rails with a scope or red dot sight or other gadget(s).

Last edited by hobo in my trunk : 04-09-2016 at 05:15 AM.
hobo in my trunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:35 PM #5
shaunyoung000
"Freakin Choke U!"

has been a member for 10 years
shaunyoung000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo in my trunk View Post
The Tac One body is worth more than a standard ULE body (ULE bodies from AGD ~$150, Tac One ~$200 [vf or warp, same pricing]). Warp bodies and vert feed bodies are identical in value, it is just that the vert bodies are an easier/faster sell due to being more mainstream. That being said, if you are looking to trade a Warp is harder to unload since few people own warps or q-loaders and the warp body is unusable without one. Plus warp left is usually preferred over warp right.That being put into consideration, I would look at even trades if you want to trade out quicker, even though the Tac One IS worth more.

No fuctional difference on any vertical feed stock aluminum body...factory ULE, Tac One, etc.
As far as aftermarket and modified bodies, aside from looks, there are only three potential differences over stock.
1) Some have dual ball detents. One on the left and one on the right. Stock vert bodies only have one on the right.
2) Some bodies may have been milled for eyes. Shouldn't apply to you. Only matters with EgoMag setups and the like. There will be two holes on either side of the breach that will be open/void if you aren't using eyes.
3) Some bodies may be pump milled. Again, shouldn't matter. Does not affect use as a normal semi Automag.

As for reasons to keep it...rarity (there aren't many Tac Ones out there let alone warp right ones) and if you want to utilize the rails with a scope or red dot sight or other gadget(s).
I would just add that it'd be an even swap, but if you could find an ULE with a CCM feedback or something like that, you could "sell," the warp right and almost get the same value.
shaunyoung000 is offline   Reply With Quote