avery army posts videos on PbNation
avery army plays in the APPA D5 division
avery army has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
avery army has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Apex barrel in tournament play?

Dum question would an apex barrel be ok for tournoment play

PSP,NPPL,CFOA ETC.

Not trying to start anything just wondering
Hebrews 12:11-13 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed.

Philippians 4:1313 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
avery army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2011, 09:52 PM #2
dontflamemeplox

dontflamemeplox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i think they are illegal.

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
dontflamemeplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:04 PM #3
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
i think they are illegal.
Can we get a rules quote on this?

(I'll look later, but don't have time today/night)
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:00 AM #4
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wouldn't recommend it, even if the rules allow it. You're shooting extremely brittle paint into a barrel that creates backspin through resistance. You're begging for ball breaks in a situation where you can't afford to have equipment malfunctioning.
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:12 AM #5
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
I wouldn't recommend it, even if the rules allow it. You're shooting extremely brittle paint into a barrel that creates backspin through resistance. You're begging for ball breaks in a situation where you can't afford to have equipment malfunctioning.
I agree with this completely, but I will say last time I recballed, I was hit by a kid with one of these... prob just a lucky shot, but it did work!!! It would be interesting to see if they are legal. These and paint grenades!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:37 AM #6
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
PSP Rulebook

Quote:
9.3.8. A marker with settings, whether mechanical, pneumatic, or electronic, that may be adjusted without the use of tools to allow the marker to operate in an illegal manner is illegal.74 A player who operates buttons, switches, valves or other adjustable device on a marker on the field of play without the permission of a judge will be assessed a minor penalty. A player who operates buttons, switches, valves or other adjustable device on a marker on the field of play after being instructed to provide the marker to an official, or prior to being instructed to do so, will receive a gross penalty and that player will receive a minor suspension.
foot note: 74 Essentially, anything that can adjust velocity, shot mode, de-bounce, etc, must be locked-down so it can’t be changed on the field

Quote:
9.3.9. Marker barrels may be equipped with porting, but may not have a sound suppressor attached or integral to the construction of the barrel.
Quote:
9.3.10. A marker with any valve, expansion chamber, or other item or device except a barrel or screw-in air source 75 that may be adjusted on the field of play to increase or decrease velocity without the use of tools is illegal.
Foot note: 75 This exception only applies to screwing in or unscrewing the air source – any settings on the air tank itself must not be adjustable without the use of tools.

I would say they are legal!!! 9.3.8 says you can't adjust something without judge's permission, so assuming you get that it is fine. If you wanted to press the issue, 9.3.9 talks about a sound suppressor, nothing else, so that wouldn't exclude it, and 9.3.10 excludes barrels as illegal adjustable parts!!! Other rules says nothing can adjust the speed, but as long as speed isn't touched, I think you are OK once you get judge's permission.

As said before, to many chances for barrel breaks and such for this to be useful, but how freaking hilarious would it be to see Dynasty rocking these???? ROFL You couldn't keep these on the shelves if they did!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:48 AM #7
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
NPPL Rulebook

Quote:
7.08 Barrels. Players may only bring one barrel on the playing field. The barrel must be attached to the marker.
For the most part, the NPPL and PSP rules are pretty much the same with this exception. I bring this up since they might consider the apex part a second barrel since it is attached to the barrel itself.

On the other hand, barrel kits are 2 or 3 pieces themselves so this could just be considered a 3rd or 4th piece.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:14 AM #8
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
I agree with this completely, but I will say last time I recballed, I was hit by a kid with one of these... prob just a lucky shot, but it did work!!! It would be interesting to see if they are legal. These and paint grenades!!!
Paint grenades are not allowed in the vast majority of tournaments. Scenarios yes, speedball, absolutely not.
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:35 PM #9
avery army
all day long

Cool I cant wait to someone on the field with an Apex...LOL
Hebrews 12:11-13 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:01 PM #10
Dragon2420

We often go from speedball to the woods, so people sometime play with their apexs on. I feel they have no real advantage in speedball with them.
Dragon2420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:23 PM #11
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
apexes don't work well at such a close range anyways, they start curving in a direction after 30 or 40 feet. I doubt each dorito will happen to have 30 or 40 foot's space in between one another.

Shooting cross field? Bro. Go ahead and rambo it up somehow.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:25 PM #12
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Paint grenades are not allowed in the vast majority of tournaments. Scenarios yes, speedball, absolutely not.
Says who?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:45 PM #13
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
No I was talking about apex barrel.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:05 PM #14
dontflamemeplox

9.3.13. Any player whose marker has been modified from the manufacturer’s original form to
disguise its mode of operation or to allow the player to change the mode of operation on the
field without the use of tools will receive a major suspension.

swaffle-what do you not understand? it is the hitting of a man in the face with your p***s
Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 PM #15
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontflamemeplox View Post
9.3.13. Any player whose marker has been modified from the manufacturer’s original form to
disguise its mode of operation or to allow the player to change the mode of operation on the
field without the use of tools will receive a major suspension.
I saw that, but the rulebooks call modes of operation semi, ramp, etc.

To further it, the gun is still working in the same mode of operation, the barrel does not change that. In fact, if the barrel did change anything, then barrel kits would not be allowed unless they came stock with the gun.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:15 PM #16
avery army
all day long

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeage View Post
Says who?
LOL

Old 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM #17
Irish916
eThug

Irish916 plays in the PSP
Quote:
I saw that, but the rulebooks call modes of operation semi, ramp, etc.

To further it, the gun is still working in the same mode of operation, the barrel does not change that. In fact, if the barrel did change anything, then barrel kits would not be allowed unless they came stock with the gun.
I might be slightly confused but barrel kits are perfectly legal. 1 front and 1 back counts as a barrel. They won't let you take your other backs and tips on the field though lol, you have it leave them in your bag in the pits.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:58 AM #18
ace0007

APEX is decent enough to use, but if you break a ball in it, it's a pain to clean. You can't "shoot through it" because it lacks ports..and to clean it, you really have to take it off the marker. It's hard to quick swab it.

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:10 AM #19
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish916 View Post
I might be slightly confused but barrel kits are perfectly legal. 1 front and 1 back counts as a barrel. They won't let you take your other backs and tips on the field though lol, you have it leave them in your bag in the pits.
That is my point! If the way barrel kits work change the "mode of operation" then they WOULD BE considered illegal. But since they do not change the mode of operation, then they are not illegal, thus an apex barrel would not be considered a device that changes the mode of operation, thus not illegal based off of that rule.

Quote:
APEX is decent enough to use, but if you break a ball in it, it's a pain to clean. You can't "shoot through it" because it lacks ports..and to clean it, you really have to take it off the marker. It's hard to quick swab it.
Right, it wouldn't be the best idea to use one, but it doesn't mean they are illegal. Stock tippmanns are tourney legal too.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:12 PM #20
dontflamemeplox

Quote:
That is my point! If the way barrel kits work change the "mode of operation" then they WOULD BE considered illegal. But since they do not change the mode of operation, then they are not illegal, thus an apex barrel would not be considered a device that changes the mode of operation, thus not illegal based off of that rule.

Right, it wouldn't be the best idea to use one, but it doesn't mean they are illegal. Stock tippmanns are tourney legal too.

just thought about something.

a barrel kit cant be changed on field though while an apex has that ability to change its operation while playing.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM #21
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontflamemeplox View Post
just thought about something.

a barrel kit cant be changed on field though while an apex has that ability to change its operation while playing.
hmmm.... point...

too tired to think about this right now, but will keep in mind...