PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 PM #22
cmdrsuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by redknight80 View Post
Ok, if a ball can be blown thru the barrel with a little resistance, is that considered an under bore or paint matching? One thing everyone seems to agree with is that paint matching is bad. So help a brother out and tell me at what point of the blow thru the barrel test, becomes paint matching? Thanks
That is paint match. If you put say 5 balls through a barrel and 3 - 4 can be blown out without turning you purple then it is considered a match. Over boring is alot easier to do so if you are trying to pick a side start with overboring.. its likely your stock barrel will do this. If you underbore you have to do it right and be slightly tighter than a match, too much of an under bore can hurt and even lead to more breaks... meaning it would be wise to get a decent kit.

Also one thing that I have noticed personally is that underboring tends to be more "picky" and requires you to use FRESH high grade paint. Since I shoot a Karnivor all I can do is underbore and I have noticed my PM7 (.690) handles rec paint MUCH better... luckily I found a way to get my hands on some Nelson and I shoot a very quality ball every time I play for an unbeatable price. Running good paint through both guns gives equal results in accuracy as far as I can see. But again, try overboring first..

best of luck

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2012, 09:54 PM #23
willowgetT (Banned)

Watch A FREE Movie TODAY

Streaming HD Movies
Watch A FREE Movie TODAY
No Mnthly Fee, No Late FEE & $0 sign-up
REGISTER FREE & browse
willowgetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:35 AM #24
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post

Also one thing that I have noticed personally is that underboring tends to be more "picky" and requires you to use FRESH high grade paint.
No it doesn't. I've shot months old paint underbored and never had more breaks. Provided you don't try to shove like a .68 ball through a .50 barrel (yes that is hybperbole, the accepted value is try to stay within .008 of the actual ball size which should be very easy to do with a .680 or .682 barrel. If that is too small then I want to live where you do so I can have your massive paint for my pump) the ball is not going to break being squeezed.

That being said I will point to my post on the first page again where I say "Don't match your paint and you will be good". I play pump so I always underbore. If you don't play pump an overbore will give you the same consistency, you'll lose efficiency but so what?
Old 09-02-2012, 07:22 PM #25
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnglishGuy View Post
Over boring has been seen to be more accurate but less efficient. Porting will be quieter but with most barrels will be less efficient.

English
+1 and the tighter the quieter because instead of the air going around the ball and out the barrel, more gets pushed through the ports

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:36 PM #26
SilentBall55

Overbore on all my open bolt guns.

Only my Cockers I underbore so that the balls don't roll out. Wish there was a way to overbore on a Cocker without balls rolling out.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:37 PM #27
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post

Only my Cockers I underbore so that the balls don't roll out. Wish there was a way to overbore on a Cocker without balls rolling out.
+1

Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 AM #28
Spazdoc

Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post

You can add a detent to you barrel at the threads. Palmer used to do this, but you can just create a small dot of nail polish just inside the barrel, a few layers thick.

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:39 AM #29
cmdrsuds

I'm just saying underboring with crappy paint tends to not be as accurate as over boring with crappy paint. I wasn't referring to barrel breaks just accuracy... And no I can't prove it, just something I notice.

And yes how you said it is much more simple haha

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 AM #30
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post
I'm just saying underboring with crappy paint tends to not be as accurate as over boring with crappy paint. I wasn't referring to barrel breaks just accuracy... And no I can't prove it, just something I notice.

And yes how you said it is much more simple haha
you're totally right