Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 AM #1
Murph1329

Gov't Spending

Why is it whenever the topic of cutting government spending comes up democrats always resort to saying teachers will lose their job…oh the poor kids!
Why not cut Planned Parenthood or one of the other social government programs….or are those more important than teachers? I guess so since we already know that those programs are more important than NASA.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2011, 07:09 AM #2
Bill Watterson
Black and Light

Lets see if you have any understanding of economics or politics:

Specifically, what should we cut, where, and why?
Bill Watterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:22 AM #3
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Watterson View Post
Lets see if you have any understanding of economics or politics:

Specifically, what should we cut, where, and why?
well according to democrats it's teachers because that's all i ever hear them say...that or cops. Maybe it's just the fear tatics but i'm pretty sure we can end some of these million social programs we now have in this country, what do you think? Or is planned parenthood more important than teachers?

The democrats I hear talk don't even answer your qestions so I guess they have no understanding of economics or politics. The problem is people are overthinking the problem. The solution is pretty damn easy cut the crap. Why are we spending 17 million a year on boat safety or 1 billion on adoption assistance? Why can't the private sector do those jobs, hell we think the private sector can handle manned space flight.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 07-21-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 AM #4
drgonzo
Half-cocked

has been a member for 10 years
Why do they say it? Try because it's the truth! Did you miss the thousands of teachers that have already been cut? Cold, hard reality.

Take a look at any state budget, education is usually one of the top expenditures. So if you cut government you are going to see cuts in education spending. No way around it.

Time to kill this ****ing "government spending bad" bull**** meme. The government's JOB is to spend money to get things done.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:45 AM #5
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Because our educations system is already crappy enough as it is...? Nobody is going to want to be a teacher if they keep getting fired. And what did PP do to you? If anything it's a small expense to keep social programs budgets down.

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
corporationpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 AM #6
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporationpaintball View Post
Because our educations system is already crappy enough as it is...? Nobody is going to want to be a teacher if they keep getting fired. And what did PP do to you? If anything it's a small expense to keep social programs budgets down.

Small numbers add up real fast, like i said before why do these types of programs have to be run by the government? If space is good enough for the private sector I think these stupid social programs are as well.

We're cutting in the wrong places. There is no need to let teachers go just cut the fat by getting rid of the funding towards some of these social programs.

Quote:
Time to kill this ****ing "government spending bad" bull**** meme. The government's JOB is to spend money to get things done.
Oh and by the way, the governments job is NOT to spend money. Whoever taught you that was either a fool or trying to push an agenda, probably both.

1. Defend the country from invasion
2. Coin, not print, money
3. Run a justice system
4. Run a post office.

That's it. Nothing more nothing less. That's all the freakin body has to do. It's so basic that once you get it running like a well oiled machine you should just have to sit back and do nothing.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 07-21-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:19 AM #7
ColdBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
Small numbers add up real fast, like i said before why do these types of programs have to be run by the government? If space is good enough for the private sector I think these stupid social programs are as well.

We're cutting in the wrong places. There is no need to let teachers go just cut the fat by getting rid of the funding towards some of these social programs.

Oh and by the way, the governments job is NOT to spend money. Whoever taught you that was either a fool or trying to push an agenda, probably both.

1. Defend the country from invasion
2. Coin, not print, money
3. Run a justice system
4. Run a post office.

That's it. Nothing more nothing less. That's all the freakin body has to do. It's so basic that once you get it running like a well oiled machine you should just have to sit back and do nothing.
How would you do any of those 4 things without spending money?
ColdBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:28 AM #8
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Why not cut Planned Parenthood...

Well, if we ignore cost/benefit data from the program entirely, you are focusing on a tiny part of the overall government budget. I don't hear about anyone complaining about teachers losing their jobs when someone simply mentions cutting the budget, probably just when they're talking about the education budget.

Also, at least in my area, the less babies the better imo, especially from poor mother who can't afford to support their child mostly on their own. Or possible parents with other problems.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:37 AM #9
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBlood View Post
How would you do any of those 4 things without spending money?
LOL the job description isn't spend money
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 07-21-2011, 11:39 AM #10
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbandfan View Post
Well, if we ignore cost/benefit data from the program entirely, you are focusing on a tiny part of the overall government budget. I don't hear about anyone complaining about teachers losing their jobs when someone simply mentions cutting the budget, probably just when they're talking about the education budget.

Also, at least in my area, the less babies the better imo, especially from poor mother who can't afford to support their child mostly on their own. Or possible parents with other problems.
well subsidizing people for poor actions is problem #1
that needs to stop and you won't see so many babies being born from poor people

Programs like planned parenthood encourage poor actions by giving people an easy out. Whatever happened to actions having consequences? I'd rather be helping pay to get man on mars than abort some kid or teach the youth on how to take the morning after pill...maybe i'm a selfish bastard.

If you wanted progress in society you'd agree with me.

Instead you want to support programs that encourage people to stay where they are, which is the opposite of progress.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 07-21-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:57 PM #11
ColdBlood

Quote:
LOL the job description isn't spend money
But you do need to spend money to provide any of those four services. So in order to do their jobs they need to spend the money they collect. It sounds like the government's job is to spend money doesn't it?
ColdBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 PM #12
victimhere

If the other 51% that the MSM claims doesn't pay taxes would pay taxes, we wouldn't need to cut much of anything.

However, to answer your question, imo, cut everything a little, instead of trying to cut out one thing, just a little from everything (except bureaucrats cut 90% of them), that would probably help the most.

Another thing to work on, not really what you were asking for, but why not cut the corruption, not just within the government, but the people, as in your/our neighbors, there are so many people taking advantage of the system that it weights it down far more than what we can or should have to handle. I am sure that there is a long, long list of examples, a few on my list would be the food stamp industry, planned parenthood, medicaid, College funding, tax breaks for the oil industry( who needs a tax break when they clear $284 million in a year?).
Now read this well before responding, I'm not saying cut these, I'm saying stop the corruption within them.

Jeep Wrangler, the only way to travel
victimhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:09 PM #13
Murph1329

Quote:
But you do need to spend money to provide any of those four services. So in order to do their jobs they need to spend the money they collect. It sounds like the government's job is to spend money doesn't it?

wow you really don't get it do you?

Spending money is a means to an end for the federal government, well for anyone or anything for that matter. The day it becomes their "job" is the day we should revolt.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 07-21-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:11 PM #14
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post

lol, keep ****ing spending! Spend more money you don't have, then raise taxes so you can spend even more than that. All the while, you misappropriate funds like a drunken sailor.

There is a problem, and it isn't a revenue problem.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:12 PM #15
Swerve22

Quote:
Oh, ok then.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:43 PM #16
inkjt510
Romo Never Stops Smiling

Quote:
well subsidizing people for poor actions is problem #1
No, problem number one is the fact that we are spending trillions on sending thousands of American soldiers to go die in some sandy ****hole.

Problem number two is that we are also killing innocent civilians of other sovereign nations while doing so.
inkjt510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM #17
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimhere View Post
If the other 51% that the MSM claims doesn't pay taxes would pay taxes, we wouldn't need to cut much of anything.
1. The MSM doesn't claim that, nor does anyone credible. Only right-wing deceivers and the people they mislead say that. There is no statistical income group that doesn't pay taxes.

2. The distribution of income in this nation is so disparate that the bottom 50% of earners account for just about 18% of its income (2007). Total income of everyone in the US is about $7.723 trillion (2007), making the entire income base of the bottom 50% under $1.4 trillion. Even taxing them at exorbitant rates won't get it done, you can't address the deficit on the backs of the poor.

Quote:
Yup. When you look at the function of government, its entire operation is predicated on the collection and expenditure of money. It's high time we got rid of the idea that expenditure of money by the government is a problem in and of itself, because the government MUST spend money to do anything.

Demonizing the expenditure of money by the government doesn't make sense and isn't a productive viewpoint.

Last edited by drgonzo : 07-21-2011 at 05:19 PM.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:39 PM #18
chodeyg
sprezzatura

What I want to know is why do the poorly informed always assume social programs are where all our money is going?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM #19
victimhere

Quote:
1. The MSM doesn't claim that, nor does anyone credible. Only right-wing deceivers and the people they mislead say that. There is no statistical income group that doesn't pay taxes.
hey, I looked it up and found out that you might be right, if the new york times is a good source for you. they claim its not 51%, its more like 3-10%, after all the math is done http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/bu...leonhardt.html

But I don't listen to right wing deceivers, lefts wingers either( I don't trust either side), I got that info from my local news cbs or abc, can't remember who just remember the numbers and though it was astounding.
With that being said, I still believe our government spends entirely to much on everything, mostly the programs that I stated in my original post.

Jeep Wrangler, the only way to travel
victimhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:50 PM #20
cessna210 (Banned)

we need to completely get out of the middle east and completely cut off foreign aid.
that's where all the money's going. we should have more social programs to create more jobs too.
cessna210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:16 PM #21
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!

Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
the fact that people go after Planned Parenthood never ceases to amaze me. Strong stupidity in their heads.

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed

I know, right?