Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
Those who hate(d) Smarts Parts usually won't have anything to do with Freak barrels for the same reason.

Good advice, but I would differ on one small detail. My G3 (stock except the board) shoots very nicely. You can probably find a used G3 for $150.00 with a little effort, and the G3 is very good for that price. You may be able to find a used G4 for $225. Both the G3 and the G4 are cocker-threaded, so there are innumerable barrel options.

custar
then again.... Ions have these things called aftermarket parts, about 8 or 9 of them have something to do with a cocker-threaded breech...

Ions are phenomenal, I'm soooo glad it was my first marker.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 PM #44
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
then again.... Ions have these things called aftermarket parts, about 8 or 9 of them have something to do with a cocker-threaded breech...
Sure, you can add aftermarket parts at additional expense. I have both an Ion and a G3. I shoot the G3 from time to time and regularly take it as a back up. I haven't had the Ion out in two years.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:13 PM #45
NoShaDow
MC Historical Inaccuracy

NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow supports Team VICIOUS
NoShaDow is for the Gunfight
NoShaDow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
Sure, you can add aftermarket parts at additional expense. I have both an Ion and a G3. I shoot the G3 from time to time and regularly take it as a back up. I haven't had the Ion out in two years.

custar
Or you can buy an upgraded one without the additional price most paople make the necessary ones then end up selling it.

TCMilitia[center]

51st Orca Street Hustlers
NoShaDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:19 PM #46
NoShaDow
MC Historical Inaccuracy

NoShaDow supports Team VICIOUS
NoShaDow is for the Gunfight
NoShaDow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeUsedToBE View Post
get sponsored by ansgear (they will sponsor ANYONE) and a brand new g4 is $250... please dont tell ansgear i told you that
They didn't sponsor us but then again my team applied after one event and about two months as a team lol.

To the OP, look around the B/S/T and get something from here you can get upd ions, older eteks, older PMs, and minis for around 150. That is off the top of my head I am sure there are more.

TCMilitia[center]

51st Orca Street Hustlers
NoShaDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 PM #47
Trixer00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseFreek View Post
Ions are exactly what they were ment to be. In 2005 ions "At the time of its release, the Ion was the first fully electropneumatic marker to target entry-level players, at a price point previously inhabited only by Spyders and other mechanical blowbacks. The Ion has generally been credited with making high-rate-of-fire electropneumatic markers available to the masses, at a time when electropneumatic markers were considered out of reach of most casual or budget players." When they were released by Smart Parts in 2005 they were praised on all levels of the playing field. i knew pros that would keep 3 or 4 of them in the gear bag bec when his shocker would go down he would grab a ion. So my point is ions were only disliked when companies started infringing on Spart Parts pattents. Companies like icd ( indian creek Designs ) infringed on smart parts properity and smart parts gave them the options to pay a value of every gun made. this shuting down icd and other as well i think.
for anyone who think this is a silly lawsuit. how would you feel if a prouduct you invented and pattened. was then being used by me and you weren't getting any profit expecially when your companie was slowly loseing money due to over sponsorships and paintball media.

So what it comes down to is Smart parts made a great gun for the money. Very comperable to how tippman works. Both companies put out a ton of upgrades if you wanted them. both markers shot fine out of the box. but people dont like them because there misinformed on silly lawsuit mumbo jumbo.
( whats funny to me is the people you see slaming Smart Parts but there on the field shooting a luxe. )

Just my .02 - Tom
Please excuse any typos im on my Ipad at lunch break.

^^^ This x100, seriously... the luxe guys are always like no smart parts.. and im like lawl! I suppose your not in the know!

IONs are great, I got one, I keep it as a backup just incase my other markers go down.. pick it up and love it!

I will never trade for, answer questions, or do I want anything to do with a marker that looks like a real weapon, they are a plague on the paintball community.

We are a sport and we must represent our selves that way, or immature and irresponsible people will ruin us!

The only thing a paintball player fights for is respect. Respect for the game, respect as a player, and respect as a team. We are not soldiers, warriors, or fighters. We are survivors!
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
Trixer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:49 PM #48
illini2209

once youve taken the time to figure out how to disassemble it and maintain it and get the basic necessary upgrades ( feed neck mostly) they become a great gun. if u spend the money and get an upgraded board ur looking at a cheap monster.
illini2209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:37 PM #49
XxChananxX

XxChananxX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XxChananxX is for the Gunfight
XxChananxX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So, when I first entered the sport, I had a Spyder Pilot... Ehh. I then moved to the Smart Parts Ion, it was the best thing ever (so I thought.), then I got better and joined a team and I've put over $400 into it (shes pretty now!). I tear people up! Its awesome, shoots ropes! But now its getting old (new factor is gone), and I'm trying to trade it and get a new gat. But all in all, I've bunkered many souls with it and I'll damn sure miss it...
XxChananxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:49 AM #50
mpalfano
clever phrase

mpalfano owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mpalfano posts videos on PbNation
mpalfano supports DLX Technology
smart parts is where dreams go to die
mpalfano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:32 PM #51
EasyStreet (Banned)

EasyStreet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EasyStreet supports Team VICIOUS
youtube sexy ion.....listen to lyrics
EasyStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 PM #52
white-G NT
ball till i die

white-G NT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
white-G NT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
white-G NT supports Team VICIOUS
white-G NT posts videos on PbNation
i have a sl94, and ive owned a dye nt, egos and dms and trust me i sold my ion 3 months ago... one second im having a momemt -cries a little- I MISS IT ! it was the best backup gun ive ever had
MY NAME IS MICHAEL, I AM A WHEELER AND DEALER AND DO NOT HESITATE TO TEXT OR CALL ME AT ANYTIME ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY SIGNATURE, MY GEARBAG SALE IS EVER GROWING, I ALWAYS HAVE GUNS FOR SALE, AND I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY GUNS FOR A LITTLE BIT LOWER THAN MARKET PRICE SO I CAN GIVE IT SOME TLC OTHERS WOULD'NT AND MAKE A FEW BUCKS

500-700 for your abused and used guns?! come give me an offer on your DM 9-12 or ego 10/11, maybe even that old luxe 1.0 youve been wanting to upgrade but havnt found the buyer thats willing to be reasonable! well come on down and shoot me a text for fastest response (817)-412-8080 id love to talk business and see what kind of deals we can work out, special edition and rarity beware, im all about functionality.

2 beautiful angels, A1 FLY, and ANGEL LCD C&C 2K1 UPPED

[url="http://http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4068035&highlight="]HUGE GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING YOU COULD WANT!

CLICK HERE FOR THE PHOTOBUCKET OF THE GEARBAG SALE ABOVE, AND TEXT (817)-412-8080 TO OFFER ON ANYTHING IN THE PHOTOBUCKET!
white-G NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:59 PM #53
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
I just recently purchased a new Reflex Rail as a replacement to my Ion, and let me tell you... While I liked my Ion, it was a dear friend of mine as a returned player, I will be super happy that I do not have to worry about what upgrade to get in order to just have that little extra edge on the gun... There's a point at which there are too many upgrades, and the Ion... well it had that.
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:09 PM #54
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyStreet View Post
youtube sexy ion.....listen to lyrics
^ This ^

xD
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:55 PM #55
cheapchi
mmmmmm...Tiger Balm

has been a member for 10 years
Because they can

Haters will hate.

Skills make kills.
cheapchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:22 PM #56
KBearit

The markers were just under par all the way around. I had one back in the day and it worked for be. I just hated the lack of serviceability.
KBearit is offline   Reply With Quote