Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2011, 01:57 PM #1
Depression
Learning PB

Depression is for the Gunfight
Really New To Everything, Please Read.!

Hello PBNation.

My names richard and i live in new york. I want to get into playing and experiencing the game of paintball. i dont know about anything involving the game or the guns. i know some very very very very basic parts like the hopper, trigger, the gun(Marker), compressed air, barrel, and the rounds themselves, other then those parts listed i dont know very much of anything else. i am looking for a "mentor" to kind of guide me through with learning and "smarts". I do NOT own a marker at the moment, i am actually looking to buy one with the amount of a budget i have. My budget goes from 150-200 dollars. i dont know about any guns or brands other then tippmann, so i need alot of training i guess thats what you can call it. i have PLAYED paintball once before(This Past Friday) and it was down in ocean City, Maryland, me and my cousins rented to play and mess around using their guns and their field, the referee that was helping us only told us about the gametypes, to keep goggles on at all times, the 15 ft rule, barrel socks, ammo, and the basics of the gun like safety, air and the hopper, therefore i only know the extreme basics and would like to learn A LOT more. i will list my abilities below for those interested.

About Me:
Im 13, Turning 14 NEXT year.
I live in New York so only 1 or 2 shops scattered where i live.
im on a 200 dollar budget
i am a fast learner
i have good patience
im not a stupid little newbie that doesnt know **** im just inexperienced and willing to learn.
FIRST TIME ON FORUM AND A FIRST TIME PAINTBALLER!

Please post everything down below and try not to pm me about stuff unless necessary.

Thanks in Advance for all of your help!
Depression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2011, 02:14 PM #2
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
First off, welcome to the most addicting sport around!

Sounds like the ref got you off to a great start! You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, (most new players just want to know what marker to buy). This is a great forum to come to and ask all your questions.

In your budget range I would recommend the "Tippmann Gryphon Player Pack". It comes with a pretty decent marker (gryphon) an air tank, hopper, and barrel sock. It also comes with a mask, but I would use the left over cash for a much better mask like some Helixes or V-Force Provantages. I'd go to the nearest shop and try some on to see what feels best. That together would only cost you about $130-150 and you'd be off to a great start.

There's A LOT to learn about the sport. Best way to learn is to ask questions here and just get out there and play.

Here's a link to the Gryphon. Feel free to order it somewhere else, as this site has some hit/miss reviews, and I'd hate to ruin your first foray into the industry.

http://www.ansgear.com/Tippmann_Gryp...starterkit.htm

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"

Last edited by o5pr3y : 07-17-2011 at 02:17 PM.
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:19 PM #3
Depression
Learning PB

Great feedback, im going to look into that pack right now, i might have tons of questions, hope you dont mind!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:20 PM #4
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I don't mind. If you want, sit around and wait for some other suggesitons. Other people may have more/different feedback.

Almost forgot to mention, there's a regional section in this site where you can talk to other New Yorkers about paintball. Great for finding fields and shops.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"

Last edited by o5pr3y : 07-17-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:23 PM #5
Depression
Learning PB

Alright, again thanks. as of right now is there anyway you can tell me some pros/cons and information about that marker/pack and im also looking into speedball instead of woodsball if that helps.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 PM #6
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/6522/

There's a full review (too bad theres only 2) of that particular marker. I've only tested those myself but they're pretty good for the price.

Pros:
Lightweight, easy maintainence, great for starting

cons:
Slow, plastic external pieces.

It's a great gun to start from, but if after about 8-12 months, I'd sart looking for a good electronic speedball marker to stay up to speed. By then you'll know the Basics of playing speedball and gun maintainence and you'll be set.

You may also want to invest in a pod pack for extra paint on the field and a High Pressure Air (HPA) tank. Those can be a bit pricey, but they work on all guns, as co2 can only work on mechanicals.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:41 PM #7
Depression
Learning PB

Alright Cool, Thanks is there any faster markers you could suggest for speedball?

PS. Im looking for a gun that is a little more advanced and is already ready to run with compressed air and is fast. (I like to jump into things, dont know why it just feels right to me.)
Old 07-17-2011, 03:07 PM #8
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
You could look into a Spyder or Azodin, but it would cost around $150-$200 for those guns. WHich would wipe up a lot of your budget.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:19 PM #9
Depression
Learning PB

well really i mean 200 dollars for the marker, i will be able to get the upgrades and rounds as i go on, im not looking to get a marker and immediately use it i can wait a week or so to buy like a new hopper or mask or something.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:24 PM #10
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Oh I see! Yeah teh you can easily get a good simple electro. I recommend the more simple ones as they'll be easier to learn to maintain. I recommened getting a mask ASAP though. It makes all the difference.

http://www.pbnation.com/reviews/prod.../azodin_blitz/

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:38 PM #11
JimErased

hi and welcome here
JimErased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:43 PM #12
Depression
Learning PB

thanks Jim and Prey do you have a msn or a messenger we can talk through?
Old 07-17-2011, 03:45 PM #13
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I don't. I'm usually on here when I'm at work so you'll see me fairly often. Once you reach 5 posts, you can PM members. Feel free to PM me anytime, as we recieve emails when you get one.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:48 PM #14
Depression
Learning PB

Alright Cool, and that link you recently gave me was to the azodin blitz?
Old 07-17-2011, 03:53 PM #15
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Yep. I've never tried one myself, but I know they're a good starting point for speedball.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:57 PM #16
Depression
Learning PB

Alright cool, so far what iv seen searching about it its good, i like the style and the performance it can maintain. is there any sites for me to buy it off of? i would go to a shop but i dont know any shops to goto as i only have 2maybe 3 in my area and 1 is just a field i guess.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:59 PM #17
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Compulsivepaintball is good. As is paintball-discounters or PunishersPB. ANSgear has very mixed reviews. They either love you or hate you.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:02 PM #18
Depression
Learning PB

which would you recomend from those 4?
Old 07-17-2011, 04:23 PM #19
skaryface
Skaryface

skaryface has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depression View Post
which would you recomend from those 4?
out of those I would highly suggest PunishersPB. I get almost all my stuff from them, that I order online anyway. Never had one single problem, get all my stuff in 3 days from ordering it. If there out of something your ordered (color mainly) they will call you. All around awesome place.

Where in NY do you live, if you don't mind me asking?
skaryface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 PM #20
Depression
Learning PB

Thanks skary(lol), and how does them calling you work? like after you ordered it ? or idk i dont get it, and i live in hyde park new york, about an hour or 2 away from albany.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:33 PM #21
skaryface
Skaryface

skaryface has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depression View Post
Thanks skary(lol), and how does them calling you work? like after you ordered it ? or idk i dont get it, and i live in hyde park new york, about an hour or 2 away from albany.
They will call you when they are getting your order ready to ship and they cant find the exact item you want (if it does happen, only happen to me once).
skaryface is offline   Reply With Quote