PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:01 PM #1
ohiohatemexi
H2KKidz

Freedom towers MUST SEE!!!!!!!!

Everybody remebers September 11,2001.....When the trade towers got hit by terroist..The government told us the Freedom towers will be built and has it NO.Why is it taking 8 years too build 1 tower!! But wait they ar now changing the name of the freeedom towers to One world tower.Are u serious this is AMERICA...Freedom is what this country is all about not the world..Also it took 410 days to build the empire state building and the site where the trade towers fell still looks the same.Why dont they change it or start building soo people wont see the samething they saw after they fell...

We need to build and keep the name FREEDOM TOWERS...
THIS IS AMERICA
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2009, 02:03 PM #2
stressfire II (Banned)

So you agree then it was a good thing to destroy THE WORLD TRADE CENTERS so we could rename it to the freedom towers?
Old 09-18-2009, 02:05 PM #3
EricS9652 (Banned)

Bwahahahahaha
Old 09-18-2009, 02:06 PM #4
hsilman
Disgustipated

uhh k

and to answer your question, a bunch of people *****ing about money, mostly.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:07 PM #5
ohiohatemexi
H2KKidz

no im saying that the government already said they were going to build the "freedom towers" after 9-11 in the place of the world trade centers but in fear of offending someone they changed the name to "1world tower".

oh btw how did you get that from what i said...i dont see aything in my post that leans anywhere close to what you said.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:12 PM #6
stressfire II (Banned)

I think it's just a name of a tower, a building. Jesus warned against loving false idols. That's my take. In reality, they should just name the buildings the same as before. Act like it never happened. That would REALLY piss off the terrorists.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 PM #7
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiohatemexi View Post
no im saying that the government already said they were going to build the "freedom towers" after 9-11 in the place of the world trade centers but in fear of offending someone they changed the name to "1world tower".

oh btw how did you get that from what i said...i dont see aything in my post that leans anywhere close to what you said.
or maybe they realized this country has used the term "freedom" far too ****ing much and 1 World Tower is a better name
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 09-18-2009, 02:14 PM #8
ohiohatemexi
H2KKidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressfire II View Post
I think it's just a name of a tower, a building. Jesus warned against loving false idols. That's my take. In reality, they should just name the buildings the same as before. Act like it never happened. That would REALLY piss off the terrorists.
that would be even better....stop worrying about stepping on the toes of terrorists and shove the whole ordeal back in their faces.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:15 PM #9
ohiohatemexi
H2KKidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
or maybe they realized this country has used the term "freedom" far too ****ing much and 1 World Tower is a better name
Old 09-18-2009, 02:19 PM #10
Underfunded
Autonomous

Who, exactly, do you propose puts up the money? That's the problem. The recession has only made things worse.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:23 PM #11
ohiohatemexi
H2KKidz

I just started this thread to get peoples opinions about this subject.But i guess people like to be killjoys and not be serious.I seen this on tv lastnight and just wanted to see wat other people thought......Thank you whoever answered this with smarts....
Old 09-18-2009, 02:24 PM #12
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
You haven't look there recently, have you... look again. seriously.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
Old 09-18-2009, 02:24 PM #13
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
the site where the trade towers fell still looks the same.Why dont they change it or start building
They have

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 09-18-2009, 02:30 PM #14
ohiohatemexi
H2KKidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underfunded View Post
Who, exactly, do you propose puts up the money? That's the problem. The recession has only made things worse.
I just dont believe over 8 years nobody raisied money or even tryed..I read that 3 billion dollars got raised by public funds....now when ar they building? They said"2013''it will be done...
Old 09-18-2009, 02:34 PM #15
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

they are already building
Old 09-18-2009, 02:45 PM #16
phishfud
Tropical Lightning

phishfud owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
I just dont believe over 8 years nobody raisied money or even tryed..I read that 3 billion dollars got raised by public funds....now when ar they building? They said"2013''it will be done...
They are building it. What they should have done was donated some of the 3 billion in public funds to the education system. Then maybe we would be reading a somewhat coherent post.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:12 PM #17
corporationpaintball
too legit to quit

Annual Supporting Member
corporationpaintball is a Moderator
corporationpaintball is BST Legit
corporationpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
corporationpaintball supports our troops
corporationpaintball is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
corporationpaintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
They have

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Freedo_twer_update.jpg/800px-Freedo_twer_update.jpg[IMG]
But skyscrapers are built overnight!!!11!!!

I personally would have been happy if they just made it into a park or something for the public to enjoy instead of building on it again... but that's just me.

Old Feedback (+20/-0) | New Feedback (+37/-0)
Annual Supporting Member Council Elite
Old 09-18-2009, 05:24 PM #18
wrjones311

It took them so long to start, for one, because they have to engineer a huge *** ****ing building that isn't going to fall down before they can build it...

And yes a memorial park type thing would be much nicer.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:27 PM #19
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

The world's largest McDonalds would be pretty badass too. Cuz THIS IS AMERICA!
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:37 PM #20
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)

This is politics. Nothing ever gets done on time, on budget, and there's a whole lot of *****ing over it. It really is a shame that bureaucrats have gotten their hands on this and mucked it up so much, they've basically left the families of the victims in the dust.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:41 PM #21
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

paintballpimp092 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
They ARE building it. Didn't you watch the news on ANY channel on 9/11? Several stations mentioned (and had footage/pictures) of Ground Zero and what was going on there.

Lrn2research.

FOR SALE: Mares Hybrid ProTec Scuba BCD
Closed Thread