Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 07-12-2011, 06:58 PM #43
PurpleDirt
Repurchased Thine Soul

dammit.
can't you make some decent rubbery wraparound grips? Panel grips are laaaame

anywho, it looks like the board can be used without the screen... neat-ish.

Please PM Yelosno if you would like to begin a conversation with me.
PurpleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 PM #44
HeadHunter59
MidWest-Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
HeadHunter59 supports Cereal Killerz 2
HeadHunter59 donated to help Peyton Trent
HeadHunter59 is playing at Living Legends VII
HeadHunter59 supports Bob Gurnsey
HeadHunter59 supports our troops
HeadHunter59 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VPB-ChristianW View Post
Everything has a lifetime warranty. The batteries if they are defective we will replace them. You can actually buy extra sets of rechargeable for about 10 bucks. PM Tom or give us a call, I think that's the price. (I hope it's not more or I'll look like a prick...)

As it turns out, you can also put a 9volt battery harness on this board. Except for one small problem. The grip frame is so narrow it wont fit on account of the screen. That's part of the reason for the batteries -- other part is it's actually a nice benefit to never have to buy new batteries... just charge it up before you go play. I suppose it's one more thing to do, but I'd just counter if you spend that much on your game to buy a nice gun and then board like this, you'd probably benefit quite a bit from a bit of preparation before hand.

Still, if you're a rockstar player, who's also a slacker then just buy our solar backpack and charge it up while at the field
As stated earlier it uses all 4 eyes too.

Thanks for response. Glad to hear that the extra batteries are on the cheap side. Which is a

Lol and for sure on just charging before you play. But there are people out there who might not always do that. And think gun is good to go. But get to field with dead battery and have no extra battery which means cant play..
Russian Legion Fan Club Member #169
Russian Legion Love Club#19
ASMC
∅♦♦♦∅ OldSchool Trust! +23/0/0∅♦♦♦∅ IOG Feedback +4/0/0∅♦♦♦∅
∅♦♦♦∅
HeadHunter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:22 AM #45
Megadestructo
Pixel Pusher

Annual Supporting Member
Megadestructo plays in the PSP
Megadestructo plays in the APPA D4 division
Megadestructo is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter59 View Post
But there are people out there who might not always do that. And think gun is good to go. But get to field with dead battery and have no extra battery which means cant play..
If someone spends that much money on a Virtue board, knowing full well that they need to charge it, and then forget to do so before going to play then that's on them, honestly.

I also know that I would be that guy, heh.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM #46
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
I would really like to hear back from Virtue though on how there better is legitimately better then stock.
I won't address the software related features that provide additional benefit, or usability issues, but just address a couple performance issues (which includes hardware/software).

A lot of people seem to labor under the impression all a board does is just make the gun go bang. That's analogous to saying all a PC does is just open windows and make words appear on the screen. Just because two PCs each have a keyboard and a monitor does not mean each perform the same. Now this says nothing about the board per se, but I just wanted to make the point that we don't believe comparisons like that with one piece of electronics, so it probably doesn't hold for a different piece of electronics.

There are two reasons why Virtue boards can increase performance -- software and hardware. I can't address too much in precise technical detail, because then it could just be copied, negating our performance advantage. But there is a real difference. One, the software has to be optimized in a way to allow you to shoot the fastest possible while still being legal, whether you're capped or uncapped, etc. Here's a real-world example that was getting people penalties a couple years ago when the RoF caps were just getting enforced. I don't think any boards do this anymore (but I could be wrong... I just haven't heard about it recently).

Some board software (not ours) when set to a certain rate of fire, would try to make sure it always reached that RoF, so it would go an extra step, but in a heavy handed way of adding an extra shot to reach say 15bps if the board thought it was not going to reach 15bps when it "should". This would cause random penalties for the gun shooting too fast, because occasionally, and often it would "guess" wrong and exceed it's own imposed RoF cap. That's just one instance of RoF performance.

I'll give another one on actual gun shooting performance that would affect how your gun feels as it shoots and how accurate it is (yes, this is a doozey). You put your gun over a chronograph and you can see how much the velocity fluctuates by from shot to shot, correct? Well, there are several variables that affect your gun's consistency - first is how accurate the chronograph actually is from reading to reading... but also paint, barrel, temperature, regulator, bolt designs, battery level, etc. etc. But did you also realize a varying dwell can affect your gun's performance? I'm sure you did, as if you turn the dwell down and up the gun will change performance. Most people don't realize that there are many boards out there (and I'm not naming names) that don't have a consistent dwell output.

That is to say, even though you "set" your dwell to say 10ms, it may actually output 10ms on one shot, 9ms on another shot 10.2ms on another shot, 8.9ms on another shot, 11ms on another shot.

The same goes with the rate of fire. Did you realize that when you "set" your board to 12bps, you may actually be outputting 10bps? And it can vary within shot to shot?

Well, not on the Virtue OLED board. Because we combine different hardware elements with our software to ensure all these settings are consistent and precise (as possible). Your board operates off a CPU which more or less determines how accurate the settings you "set" will be. And if you do not combine some other hardware and software elements with that CPU then there is a lot of variation going on that you can't actually "see". Everything from the eyes, to the dwell, to the trigger monitoring is affected.

Remember, with electronic hardware and software you're dealing with abstractions. You don't just tell a board, "shoot". Or say, "out put voltage for 1ms". But you effectively accomplish these things through controlling the hardware. And the hardware is controlled based on how good your programming is and how good your hardware design is, as well as the limitations of what kind of components you have on the PCB.

Now, I'm not blowing smoke and mirrors in your face and telling you one shot your gun will be fine and the next it will shoot like crap. You can pick up any gun and go play- and it's always been that way... from a Spyder to a G6R. But when you go from a Spyder to a G6R there are refinements that you can plainly see and can't see (to the untrained eye). I'll submit to you the same is true with the boards. The board does make a difference. At the end of the day, if we're being honest with ourselves, where' talking about gaining an extra edge. The extra edge can be completely negated if you have a crappy game plan, or if your paint sucks, or if your hopper batteries die, or if the other team is just way better. And the inverse is true, the slight (or large) technical downsides of your equipment can be overcome if you can dominate your opponents in other ways.

We all know that, but at the end of the day, some people want their best performing gear possible. And some people can actually notice a difference that's hard to explain. A part of it is this consistency of performance of your gun, that directly relates to the hardware/software on your board. And it's real, and not a bunch of smoke and mirrors, but like I said, it also needs to be placed in the context of the overall game/equipment to be properly understood and evaluated.

I have no hesitation in saying this board will make a gun shoot better. I have no hesitation in saying the Drill Modes can help a player become better. But I'm not going to tell anyone the stock board in the G6R isn't enough to go and win a tournament. Because it can and is done that way. It's clear you don't "need" it. But I'm talking about the extra edge and making sure you can maximize every aspect of your equipment's potential. There is still a lot more to winning besides that...

Virtue VIO Contour
Virtue VIO Extend
Virtue Spire 200
Virtue Spire 260

facebook.com/VirtuePaintball

Last edited by VPB-ChristianW : 07-13-2011 at 10:08 AM.
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:52 AM #47
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Why do companies even do work in this field? PB players are a bunch of *****es who complain about everything. You just managed to cram and oled board with Li battery into one of the smallest frames ever? Let me find reasons to complain about it.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM #48
LEX_BALLER 3

LEX_BALLER 3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
LEX_BALLER 3 supports Team VICIOUS
LEX_BALLER 3 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
Why do companies even do work in this field? PB players are a bunch of *****es who complain about everything. You just managed to cram and oled board with Li battery into one of the smallest frames ever? Let me find reasons to complain about it.
If i owned a company i would not even make an account of forums cause its just all negative haters.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:03 PM #49
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D5 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
well untill im offered free wank-wanks to even consider a product. i need to be flown in first class to the place of dealership. offered high quality coffee and to which i will spit back and demand better coffee no matter the caliber,
then i will finally look up the product and ***** and moan that it isnt cheap enough or that i can get used for a better price, or that another store has them on sale for cheaper.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:34 PM #50
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
well untill im offered free wank-wanks to even consider a product. i need to be flown in first class to the place of dealership. offered high quality coffee and to which i will spit back and demand better coffee no matter the caliber,
then i will finally look up the product and ***** and moan that it isnt cheap enough or that i can get used for a better price, or that another store has them on sale for cheaper.
Your first class tickets have been PM'd. Please check with Tom upon your arrival at JFK airport for the other... um free services you require in advance of your consideration.
I have it on good authority Tom is also really good at making everyone Coffee.

Virtue VIO Contour
Virtue VIO Extend
Virtue Spire 200
Virtue Spire 260

facebook.com/VirtuePaintball
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:39 PM #51
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
dude, you don't even need to fly me in. Just send me a limo and have some chocodiles waiting for me.
Dye i4 LENSES and MASK BAGS F/S/T
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case
juggernaught_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:13 PM #52
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
i just need zebra cakes
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:14 PM #53
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
i just need zebra cakes
NO!

bad idea. remember what happened the LAST time you had some at my place? yea. I remember. i doubt you do since you were in a freaking coma
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 AM #54
LSU Foolsball 70
CSL Owner!

LSU Foolsball 70 plays in the PSP
LSU Foolsball 70 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
LSU Foolsball 70 posts videos on PbNation
LSU Foolsball 70 plays in the APPA D4 division
What I love the most about Virtue is of you have a product of there's and there is a Problem they fix it without a problem. If you eyes mess up will they give you another set. They work hard to make sure you getting great support.

New OrleansLETHAL 2014!!!
OBAMA BLOWS GOATS FOR QUARTERS SO DOES HIS FOLLOWERS!!!!
LSU Foolsball 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:59 PM #55
gold_glove
*Chad*

gold_glove donated to help Peyton Trent
gold_glove helped look for balloons
gold_glove is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Does your luxe oled talk as well?

RIP Rob Kerr(bloodangel13)
gold_glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:40 PM #56
Ieo
Out of your element

Ieo supports Team VICIOUS
Ieo is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ieo is Legendary
The grips kill it for me.....Sooo cheesy looking and Panels? WTF?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:29 PM #57
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
i just need zebra cakes
They still make those? Holy **** need to go to the store now.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 PM #58
HeadHunter59
MidWest-Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
HeadHunter59 supports Cereal Killerz 2
HeadHunter59 donated to help Peyton Trent
HeadHunter59 is playing at Living Legends VII
HeadHunter59 supports Bob Gurnsey
HeadHunter59 supports our troops
HeadHunter59 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by duddyflash View Post
It tells you when to lube your gun..stock cant do that
Reading the manual also tells you when things should be lubed. + alot more
Russian Legion Fan Club Member #169
Russian Legion Love Club#19
ASMC
∅♦♦♦∅ OldSchool Trust! +23/0/0∅♦♦♦∅ IOG Feedback +4/0/0∅♦♦♦∅
∅♦♦♦∅
HeadHunter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:06 PM #59
COLD_ICE
STILL TRILL

COLD_ICE plays in the PSP
COLD_ICE plays in the APPA D4 division
COLD_ICE has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
VPB- you guys should look into getting a car charger for it

THE ABYSS
RIP TROPICAL LIGHTNING

OUTTA' KONTROL

Thanks to: www.zephyrpaintball.com , www.empirepaintball.com
COLD_ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:48 AM #60
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Couple of questions..

where can i find an online manual for the g6r board..

My usb doesnt recognize the board where do the prongs need to be set in order to read?

Will Virtue ever release wrap around g6r grips? i modded my bl grips to fit the window, since the first week i played with the grips, the virtue panel grips started peeling.

thx..
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA
ADOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:55 AM #61
ballaholic

ballaholic plays in the PSP
ballaholic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ballaholic posts videos on PbNation
Got mine last week. Worth the $200.
IDK why so many haters. I love my Virtue G6R board. Grips arent too bad. Its personal taste...

RED STORM, Clinton Havoc, CCS, P4
Damage Control
http://www.pap-md.com/
ballaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:31 AM #62
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Did you have to put the batteries a certain way to get the pc to read yur usb?
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA
ADOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:15 AM #63
icp-ms
Gmax Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOLF View Post
Couple of questions..

My usb doesnt recognize the board where do the prongs need to be set in order to read?
Quote:
Integrated Mini-USB port for charging.
sounds like its just for charging

for the NT OLED is written

Quote:
Integrated Mini-USB port for charging and software updates

Last edited by icp-ms : 08-25-2011 at 08:25 AM.
icp-ms is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.